Active and Deep FX - Horrible Experience

I had active and deep fx done three weeks ago...

I had active and deep fx done three weeks ago.

Although the procedure itself was very painful, I didn't care because I was very optimistic about the results. The recovery was absolutely horrible. The oozing is gross and the itching is almost unbearable. I told the doctor I had 10 days before I went back to work. That was not nearly enough time and I ended up taking another week off. Last week was my first week back at work and I felt horrible. My face is still bright red and blotchy, uncomfortably tight and rough in some areas. I was expecting to be fully recovered by now. This has been the worst experience of my life.

I did the treatment to get rid of brown spots, some acne scarring and fine lines. After three weeks I can't think of any pros.

I am so depressed and wonder if my face will ever return to normal?

The recovery was not clearly explained to me

I to have the same skin conditions & am thinking of having it done. Are you looking better now,is it worth it?
hi! yes, i had both done... my doctor told me there was a risk of some persistent redness but if you are still worried i would schedule a follow up. its 2 months for me now and all the redness is gone. i do feel my skin has improved: not dramatic but about 50% better for sundamage.... all of the wrinkles around my eyes are gone and my skin tone is much better. my boyfriend says it took off about 5 years (he's brutally honest so i trust him!). hope that helps....it's hard to see the improvement when your face is still red.
hey.. not sure when you had this done or if you're still experiencing the redness problem but wanted you to know even though my experience was mainly positive after 7 weeks i still have redness. it does get better little by little every day.... apparently for a few of us the healing process takes a lot longer=( i went yesterday for a facial/microderm and it helped tremendously. would not recommend this though until your face is less sensitive and the roughness goes down . hang in there/ be religious about sun protection... it will get better.
Thanks for the message. Did you have both active and deep done? It has now been a month for me and my face is still very red and blotchy. After it is all healed I don't think my skin will be any better than it was before the procedure. Do you feel your skin has improved?