Botox is DANGEROUS! - Seal Beach, CA

My experience with Botox was horrible and I am...

My experience with Botox was horrible and I am still suffering from side effects. This drug IS NOT SAFE. I was talked into a free 20 cc injection into my forehead as a promotion at a spa for Allergan products. The results to my frown lines on my forehead were impressive and took about 7 to 10 days to really kick in. What happened after that, however, was horrible, and I am still suffering from some of the side effects. I started experiencing shortness of breath and difficulty breathing about 1 to 2 weeks after the shot, to the point that I had to call 911 because I thought I was having a heart attack. I also started suffering from rapid heart palpitations and irregular heart beats. I've been to my Dr. And also to Urgent Care twice and have had several vials of blood drawn and two EKGs, and a chest x-ray and nothing appears to be wrong, but the side effects still continue. I also started experiencing this weird sensation like my throat was closing only to find out, once I started researching Botox side effects,that difficulty swallowing is a known, documented side effect. I've also been experiencing headaches, drippy nose and a dry mouth in addition to the more serious side effects. This was the biggest mistake I've ever made and am hoping the symptoms will go away as the shot wears off. DO NOT USE THIS DRUG!! I reported my symptoms to the FDA. It is not worth it. I've never felt this sick - I still have the shortness of breath as I write.

I'd never have anything beyond a facial, etc at a spa. I have heard of the type of reaction you describe, but do think it's very uncommon. This doesn't sound like spa error, but rather your body's reaction to the toxin. I'm growing weary of having cosmetic procedures, myself. Botox, filler... Too many things that can go wrong; it's feeling less and less worth it.
I also had problems breathing and very very strong caughing the same night I got injected, like astma attack. This was the first time and only one by now, and the symthoms only lasted a couple of days, but I got injected very little, only between my eyebras. I am very scared with your comments I hate my ride but this is really serious girls...what the hell is society doing with us , what are we doing to ourselves... :(
Hi Selena. I had an injection done to my foreahead it was about 70 of azzulare. Unfortunately after a year and a half of pain as I call it'' hell on earth'' I feel weak and exhaused. I still have problems in breating feel like my diaphgram is paralysed ........ Wishing u fast healing
Complexions day spa

I was told I was receiving "less than a teaspoonful" of Botox. A 20 cc unit is closer to 3 teaspoonfuls! I was also told no one had ever had a terrible reaction, and they had done 10,000 injections. I can't believe that i would be the first in 10,000 with this horrible reaction. They are more focused on pushing the product and their relationship with Allergan than patient/client safety.