Sculptra Worked Great, but Please Do Your Research

August 18, 2011 Whenever I am having any type...

August 18, 2011

Whenever I am having any type of facial procedure (I've had a number of fillers) I always do a lot of research of the product/procedure AND the doctor performing it. In the past, I've worked with a plastic surgeon for filler injections (Restylane, Juvederm). I recently moved to a different state and didn't have any referrals for Sculptra so I called my dermatologist and they referred me to another derm. office that perform cosmetic procedures. I had a 45 minute consultation with the PA that assists the doctor and she also told me that I would need to massage the area on a 5/5/5 program (5min./5xday/5days). We also discussed using Arnica for bruising (which I had done in the past). Then she gave me some assorted literature on Sculptra, including a DVD. I took it all home, waited a few days, and then made an appt. My first appt. was on Wednesday, 8/17. I look and feel normal. I know it will take 2-3 more visits before I will notice anything, but all the literature tells you to be patient. This is NOT a quick fix. By the way, my cost was $2250 for 3 treatments, 1 vial each (which is plenty for me). I am a very young looking 65 yr. old and am using the Sculptra all along the jaw line (starting from the bottom of my ears) and the hollows under the cheek area. My face has lost a lot of volume and there is some loose skin, but that is expected at my age :) I know you've already spent a lot of $$ and have gone through a couple of procedures, but maybe you could just check around for another doctor's opinon.

October 1, 2011

I had my second injection of Sculptra the other day and I have one very small bruise near my jaw. I did take Arnica Montana (homeopathic) a week before and a few days after. First of all, Sculptra should NOT be injected near the eyes!! It states on their website it is not intended for that area. It seems like a LOT of people have had it (and are still having it) done there. PLEASE do your research people!! In such a large area like San Diego, I am very surprised this doctor is getting away with doing these procedures. I used to live there (and Orange County) but now live in Idaho. By the way, if done properly, Sculptra should last 2 years if you have the 3 (or sometimes 4) sessions they recommend. You also need to massage for 5 days, 5 minutes, 5x per day. I don't know why some doctors are giving out incorrect info to patients AND not even doing what is recommended on the Sculptra Aesthetic website.

December 27, 2011

I have had no issues and had all three injections during the last 5 months. My doctor was a reputable dermatologist and I did my research on the product and followed my aftercare insructions!

I prefer not to mention the doctor's name but it was done in a dermatologist's office.

Be the first to comment on this video...

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join RealSelf or log in