Labiaplasty - 20 year old girl - Nedlands, AU

Hi there, I am a 20 year old girl, born and raised...

Hi there, I am a 20 year old girl, born and raised in Perth western Australia, and ever since I could remember I have been unhappy with the experience with my inner vaginal lips. I got the courage to tell my GP that I was unhappy whilst I was having a Paps mere approximately 3 months ago, and was told every woman is different and don’t be embarrassed by it and was told it would cost thousands.

I went home and told my boyfriend who is very supportive. I honestly hated having sex with him because I have never had the big O, because there was to much awkward skin and was just uncomfortable always constantly pulling my labia out, lube-ing up and re-arranging myself. The sex was painful but I did not want my boyfriend to know that.

As time went on I went back to my local GP and said to her, “I want Labiaplasty and I need referral from you to see surgeons to do my research”. My doctor was more than happy to give me 2 referral letters, as I was doing my research and found 2 highly regarded Labiaplasty Plastic Surgeons in Perth. One, being Robert Goldman. The second Ahn Nguyen (said Anne Newen). I firstly got in contact with Robert for a consultation $150, although needed to be cancel the appointment as he had an emergency over east he had to attend to. I googled and I found Sculpt Surgery/ Female Plastic surgeon – Ahn Nguyen in Nedlands. I emailed the reception and I got in contact with Tahnee the Executive Assistant. I was emailing to and from with her for a couple of days and answering my questions. She told me I could go in for a complimentary consultation with a nurse, or of I wanted to meet with Ahn Nguyen the fee would be $200, (you will receive a Medicare rebate if referred by a GP (approx. $85 I think)

I chose to see Ahn and booked the appointment in 1 weeks’ time. I walked into sculpt and I was amazed by the facility, it was absolutely beautiful and free parking at the back was a plus. It felt like I had walked into a day spa, believe it or not!! I was welcomed by the lovely receptionist and was made a beverage of my choice.

I got introduced to Clare the Nurse who took me into a consultation room and had a thorough talk to her about why I wanted Labiaplasty and she even showed me a couple of pictures of Ahn’s work. Ahn Nguyen then came in, she was amazing. Also assessing my notes Clare took and asking me some questions. I got pictures taken of my vagina for my file, also I was told the price expected to pay. Ahn explained the different methods to remove the labia, also drawing pictures showing me how it would be done.

As I left the consultation room I walked to reception to pay for my consultation and wanted to book there and then for my surgery, but Ahn, Clare and the Reception staff wouldn't let me until I left and read through the information I was given me and made sure I was 100% sure I wanted to go ahead. Although I called and made a booking the very next day and placed a $500 deposit to lock my surgery into place.

Ahn told me to come back to Sculpt before my surgery to have one more consultation with her. I booked that for few weeks before my surgery date. Sculpt where running a little bit late (like every other doctor at 5.30pm in the afternoon). So the receptionist took me upstairs of sculpt to have a tour of the ‘beauty floor’, I also got my eyebrows waxed free of charge because they were running late down stairs. I met another doctor who would be assisting Ahn in the surgery. Ahn had another look at my labia and was explaining the surgery to me. This consultation didn't cost me anything.

The day of the surgery I got to Hollywood Private Hospital at 7am and got admitted into my private room. (It’s great having top cover health insurance) Ahn also does surgery on premises at Sculpt for a fee of $1000 for Labiaplasty, but I have private health insurance so why not use that when I can! Also all medication you take home from the hospital and after care visits for 6 months are included in the surgery fee.

I got my surgery done today and I was so excited. I was not nervous or anything. I was very comfortable showing my ‘bits’ to Ahn and the hospital staff because they told me Labiaplasty is now a common procedure. My anesthetist nurse put me at ease because she told me Ahn Nguyen did her Rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago because she has tape on her nose. I showed my mum my vagina for the first time in 15 years today because I was mortified by the look of my vagina before, I couldn't even look at myself in a mirror and had to do my own Brazilian waxing for the past 5 years.
It is only day 1 but I am so, so happy with the results.

Thank you so mush Ahn Nguyen and Sculpt Surgery for all your help and support.

Initial consultation fee $200