Labiaplasty

Hi there, I am a 20 year old girl, born and raised...

Hi there, I am a 20 year old girl, born and raised in Perth western Australia, and ever since I could remember I have been unhappy with the experience with my inner vaginal lips. I got the courage to tell my GP that I was unhappy whilst I was having a Paps mere approximately 3 months ago, and was told every woman is different and don’t be embarrassed by it and was told it would cost thousands.

I went home and told my boyfriend who is very supportive. I honestly hated having sex with him because I have never had the big O, because there was to much awkward skin and was just uncomfortable always constantly pulling my labia out, lube-ing up and re-arranging myself. The sex was painful but I did not want my boyfriend to know that.

As time went on I went back to my local GP and said to her, “I want Labiaplasty and I need referral from you to see surgeons to do my research”. My doctor was more than happy to give me 2 referral letters, as I was doing my research and found 2 highly regarded Labiaplasty Plastic Surgeons in Perth. One, being Robert Goldman. The second Ahn Nguyen (said Anne Newen). I firstly got in contact with Robert for a consultation $150, although needed to be cancel the appointment as he had an emergency over east he had to attend to. I googled and I found Sculpt Surgery/ Female Plastic surgeon – Ahn Nguyen in Nedlands. I emailed the reception and I got in contact with Tahnee the Executive Assistant. I was emailing to and from with her for a couple of days and answering my questions. She told me I could go in for a complimentary consultation with a nurse, or of I wanted to meet with Ahn Nguyen the fee would be $200, (you will receive a Medicare rebate if referred by a GP (approx. $85 I think)

I chose to see Ahn and booked the appointment in 1 weeks’ time. I walked into sculpt and I was amazed by the facility, it was absolutely beautiful and free parking at the back was a plus. It felt like I had walked into a day spa, believe it or not!! I was welcomed by the lovely receptionist and was made a beverage of my choice.

I got introduced to Clare the Nurse who took me into a consultation room and had a thorough talk to her about why I wanted Labiaplasty and she even showed me a couple of pictures of Ahn’s work. Ahn Nguyen then came in, she was amazing. Also assessing my notes Clare took and asking me some questions. I got pictures taken of my vagina for my file, also I was told the price expected to pay. Ahn explained the different methods to remove the labia, also drawing pictures showing me how it would be done.

As I left the consultation room I walked to reception to pay for my consultation and wanted to book there and then for my surgery, but Ahn, Clare and the Reception staff wouldn't let me until I left and read through the information I was given me and made sure I was 100% sure I wanted to go ahead. Although I called and made a booking the very next day and placed a $500 deposit to lock my surgery into place.

Ahn told me to come back to Sculpt before my surgery to have one more consultation with her. I booked that for few weeks before my surgery date. Sculpt where running a little bit late (like every other doctor at 5.30pm in the afternoon). So the receptionist took me upstairs of sculpt to have a tour of the ‘beauty floor’, I also got my eyebrows waxed free of charge because they were running late down stairs. I met another doctor who would be assisting Ahn in the surgery. Ahn had another look at my labia and was explaining the surgery to me. This consultation didn't cost me anything.

The day of the surgery I got to Hollywood Private Hospital at 7am and got admitted into my private room. (It’s great having top cover health insurance) Ahn also does surgery on premises at Sculpt for a fee of $1000 for Labiaplasty, but I have private health insurance so why not use that when I can! Also all medication you take home from the hospital and after care visits for 6 months are included in the surgery fee.

I got my surgery done today and I was so excited. I was not nervous or anything. I was very comfortable showing my ‘bits’ to Ahn and the hospital staff because they told me Labiaplasty is now a common procedure. My anesthetist nurse put me at ease because she told me Ahn Nguyen did her Rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago because she has tape on her nose. I showed my mum my vagina for the first time in 15 years today because I was mortified by the look of my vagina before, I couldn't even look at myself in a mirror and had to do my own Brazilian waxing for the past 5 years.
It is only day 1 but I am so, so happy with the results.

Thank you so mush Ahn Nguyen and Sculpt Surgery for all your help and support.

Initial consultation fee $200
Surgery fee $3500
Anesthetist fee = $1167
$0 hospital fees as I has private health insurance

Hi there, I am a 20 year old girl, born and raised...

Hi there, I am a 20 year old girl, born and raised in Perth western Australia, and ever since I could remember I have been unhappy with appearance with my inner vaginal lips. I got the courage to tell my GP that I was unhappy whilst I was having a Paps mere approximately 3 months ago, and was told every woman is different and don’t be embarrassed by it and was told it would cost thousands.

I went home and told my boyfriend who is very supportive. Because of the excess skin it was horrible having sex at times, because there was to much awkward skin and was just uncomfortable always constantly pulling my labia out, lube-ing up and re-arranging myself. The sex was painful but I did not want my boyfriend to know that.

As time went on I went back to my local GP and said to her, “I want Labiaplasty and I need referral from you to see surgeons to do my research”. My doctor was more than happy to give me 2 referral letters, as I was doing my research and found a highly regarded Labiaplasty Plastic Surgeons in Perth, although i couldn't find much about her work online so this is why i have decided to write this review.

the plastic surgeon i chose to do my Labiaplasty was Ahn Nguyen. I googled and stumbled across a clinic called Sculpt Surgery with a female plastic surgeon. i firstly got incontact via email and got incontact with Tahnee the Executive Assistant, and i emailed back and foward to her for about a week to find out more about the surgery and when i could get a consultation. it was a releif to me to be able to email to tahnee because it is verry embarassing talking about your female bits over the phone to a complete stranger.

Tahnee told me I could visit sculpt for a complimentary consultation with a nurse, or of I wanted to meet with Ahn Nguyen although there would be a fee (you will receive a refund from Medicare if referred by a GP).

I got introduced to Clare the Nurse who took me into a consultation room and had a thorough talk to her about why I wanted Labiaplasty and she even showed me a couple of pictures of Ahn’s work. Ahn Nguyen then came in, she was amazing. Also assessing my notes Clare took and asking me some questions. I got pictures taken of my 'bits' for my file, also I was given a quote of the surgery. Ahn explained the different methods to remove the labia, also drawing pictures showing me how it would be done. Ahn really made me feel comfortable which made me feel at ease.

As I left the consultation room I walked to reception to pay for my consultation and wanted to book there and then for my surgery, but Ahn, Clare and the Reception staff wouldn't let me until I left and read through the information package I was given me and to make sure I was 100% sure I wanted to go ahead. Although, I called and made a booking the very next day and placed a deposit to lock my surgery into place.

Ahn asked me to visit her at Sculpt before my surgery to have one more consultation with her. I booked that for few weeks before my surgery date. Sculpt where running a little bit late (like every other doctor at 5.30pm in the afternoon). So the receptionist took me upstairs of sculpt to have a tour of the ‘beauty floor’, I also got my eyebrows waxed free of charge because they were running late down stairs.

The day of the surgery I got to Hollywood Private Hospital at 7am and got admitted into my private room. Ahn also does surgery on premises at Sculpt for a fee, although i have health insurance so i decided to go to hospital

Also all medication you take home from the hospital and after care visits are included in the surgery fee.

I got my surgery done today and I was so excited. I was not nervous or anything. I was very comfortable showing my ‘bits’ to Ahn and the hospital staff because they told me Labiaplasty is now a common procedure. My anesthetist nurse put me at ease because she told me Ahn Nguyen did her Rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago. I showed my mum my 'bits' for the first time in 15 years today because I was mortified by the look of it before, I couldn't even look at myself in a mirror and had to do my own Brazilian waxing for the past 5 years.

It is only day 1 but I am so, so happy with the results.

i am now 3 weeks post op and i am thrilled with the results so far, the surgery was not as bad as i thought!!

Thank you so mush Ahn Nguyen and Sculpt Surgery for all your help and support.

Google

Ahn is amazing, I would highly recommend her to anyone, she is no longer at sculpt but I was in contact with her last week via email regarding another procedure I would like to have done, email ms on here if you would like to know more :) x
Hi there, I am considering having this surgery performed by Dr. Ahn Ngyuen, could you please tell me if you are happy with your results? How long did you have to take off work?
Do you have to get a gp referral before and or can you just go for the consultation. If you don't have private health cover how much extra do you think it will be Thanks
You can just go see her, but you won't receive a Medicare rebate, at sculpt the consultation was 200 with Ahn or free with a nurse. Ahn is no longer at sculpt but she's operating out of Hollywood hospital. I have her new contact number if you would like it, I was it of pocket 4500 but I had full hospital. Honestly Medicare and private health don't even cover $500 for the whole op, for the Labiaplasty it's self I got about $80 back. The anesthetic got me the most back
If u want to know more email Me on here and I'll dig out my receipts
Hi I'm a 24 year old Perth girl and am considering the surgery also. Can you please tell me if you received a rebate from medicare? I also have private health cover which is good. Additionally, which method did you opt for - the wedge? Approximate healing time - 2 to 6 weeks?
hi, sorry for the late reply. i was pretty much out of pocket $5000 for this surgery. it was well worth it. for the surgeons fee to do the surgery was $3500 i was only refunded $320 from medicare. my private health covered my whole hospital cost and medication. although for the anesthetic did cost me almost 1200, i was only refunded approximately $200 for the anesthetic. my surgeon did the wedge, also she used the trim method on either side of my clitoral hood because i had an extra fold of skin on either side, but saying this... she went no where the hood (hard to explain) i went back to work 6 days post op. it takes 6 weeks to heal and for the stitches to fall out. (no sex)
No sex for 6 weeks. 1 week off work. Medicare and health insurance didn't covet much of the Labiaplasty plasty. On myself I got a modified wedge/trim. I highly recommend Ahn. She's no longer at sculpt but if you would like I can give you her new number x
That would be fantastic! I will have to do a little more research on the labiaplasty proceedures as I am not too sure about all the different types of trims you can do. I remember watching a documentary that was filmed in the USA about it, and they weren't exactly "cutting" off the excess labia, they were burning it off with a laser... How did Ahn perform the surgery? Honestly any information you can provide about your experience will be so valuable, as I just haven't had the guts to go through with it yet, but I do think about it every day. So any recommendations, pointers, advice that you were given or that you would now give since you have had the surgery I would greatly appreciate. Thanks again : )
Thanks that would be great! : ) Do the medications postop knock you around a bit? In terms of being drowsy? I am currently a student and I am wondering if I could manage to get this procedure done in the week off when we have a uni break.
You would be totally fine!! The medications aren't that bad. More of a pain killer but I had just pain ones then I had a codeine one. Pain isn't that bad when I think back now, I will email you on here with her new room number
Great thanks for all of your help I really appreciate it.
Check your inbox on this site xx goodnight
Hi there, I am new to Perth and am wondering which doctor you got your referral through? I am 100% sure that I will benefit from this surgery and wish to make it as least embarrassing and as quick as possible. After reading your story I am hopeful that I won't have to travel interstate or even to Thailand. May I ask what the pain and recovery time was? How much time did you need off Uni/work? ( I do both and it's a desk job) and may I ask your age? I'm so glad that its worked out so well for you! Thanks
You can get a referral from any GP. Get a referral for Ahn Nguyen, she is a female surgeon, and very lovely. I went to SCULPT SURGERY, in nedlands. it is amazing there. Pease no not go over seas to Thailand as this is a very sensitive area and have read so many horror story's online. I wouldn't go anywhere but Sculpt for future cosmetic surgery. maybe you can Book in at sculpt for a free consultation with a nurse regarding labiaplasty