Made the Decision - Sacramento, CA

Well, mine starts many years ago. Always hated my...

Well, mine starts many years ago. Always hated my nose; was teased constantly growing up. In fact, I even had a teacher in high school, as I was walking by minding my own business, say "hey snoze" while he was standing there with other students. He did that twice. I suspect that many of the things that happened to me back then would be classified as "bullying" by today's standards. Self esteem didn't exist for me back then. Fast forward 40 years after a successful career of self employment and now semi-retired working for a non-profit...as a birhtday present to myself (55 soon) I've decided to go ahead with rhinoplasty. I have done much research and, thanks to this site and with Angie's encouragement, I am going for my first consult next month. Probably looking at the Fall before I can committ to an exact date (family stuff/vacation for the next few months). I can say that I'm not looking for anyone's (family/friends) "permission", just support; and if it's not there that certainly won't stop me. I guess I've reached a point in my life that I'm going to do this because it's what I want. I know what I had to endure, especially growing up. Soooooooo...here starts the journey. I've noticed that many on this site are certainly younger than me and I applaud you for taking this big step at an earlier stage in your lives. Wish I had done so back then but I'm not focused on the past as it's "past". I'll have photos later to help document the progress.