Male TT - Scottsdale, AZ

I called for a consultation in March. I had...

I called for a consultation in March. I had weighed 350 lbs in January 2012, and decided to make a lifestyle change of diet and exercise. By January 2013, I was down to 190lbs, but was left with a lot of extra skin in my stomach and knew that the only way to get rid of it would be to have it removed.
I went to the consultation with my wife who was interested in having a breast augmentation also. Jan picked up the phone and was extremely helpful and informative when making our appointments. We met with her at the consultation as well as Dr Guerra who explained the procedure, recovery, pre-op, what type of results to expect. There were plenty of opportunities to ask questions. When I went in for my pre-op appointment, it was a lot of signing papers, but they explain all the typical things that can happen during and after surgery as well as how to care for yourself for optimal recovery. I also had to have a medical clearance done by a doctor and a blood panel to make sure I was ok for surgery.
I had my surgery booked at Greenbaum in Scottsdale. I booked my surgery in May- my wife decided to have hers done first.
Everything went well. I had my first follow up 2 days later. My drainage tubes came about about 10 days after post op. I had to wear a compression garment/binder for about 8 weeks. Recovery was fairly easy and I was up and about within a couple of days. I was back to the gym after 2 weeks, but doing light lifting and back to a normal routine at 4 weeks. I had an issue with some of the sutures being rejected by my body, but that was cleared up with antiibiotics and additional wound dressing. Dr Guerra also gave me at two appointments cortizone shots to help reduce swelling. I still tend to get a little swelling by the end of the day. Overall I am happy with my result and pleased that my recovery went as quickly as it did.
Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon