Talented and Personable - Scottsdale, AZ

I have been considering Dr. Holden for a facelift...

I have been considering Dr. Holden for a facelift and wanted to start with something less invasive - a chance to build trust I guess. After 2 syringes of Restylane so artfully injected I look at least 5 years younger, I will never again have someone less qualified than a cosmetic surgeon injecting anything into my face.

As for the facelift, I was committed to having the work performed in Chicago but now know I can stay here in Phoenix and recuperate in my own bedroom instead of a hotel. The only problem...Dr. Holden produced such great results with Restylane, I'm not sure I need a facelift yet. Sorry doc!

Why did I have this work done? I turned 40 this...

Why did I have this work done? I turned 40 this year and am beginning that inevitable decline. The reason I was considering a facelift so soon is that I am aging much like members of my father's side of the family (alas....was hoping for Mom's genetics.) This means that I am not wrinkling (even after years in the sun) but that I am losing definition in my face. I have always had a delicate jawline and small but noticeable chin with high, wide cheekbones. The last few years I have noticed my jawline and chin seem to be disappearing making it look like I have gained weight when I am in fact in the best shape of my life. Additionally, the apples of my cheeks looked to me like they were sliding down towards the sides of my mouth (a phrase Dr. Holden did not care for as he reminded that the apples of the cheeks don't actually do that.) Regardless, the end result was the beginning of the classic bulldog expression common to Dad's side of the family. Thanks, Dad!

Dr. Holden advised me that I was a candidate for injectables, which was something I had not considered as I thought they were only for deep wrinkles. I also didn't understand how injectables would help my softening jawline. I trusted his expertise, however, and could not be happier with the results. The Restylane was used to restore volume to the apples of my cheeks and upper and lower lips. Although nothing was done to my jawline or chin, the symmetry brought back to my face has lessened the degree to which I notice these issues.

Obviously, it will eventually take a facelift to achieve the smooth, taunt jawline I had in my 20s and early 30s. I still vacillate between early intervention (having the facelift done soon before anyone else thinks I need it) and delaying the process with injectables. Dr. Holden's sound advice and skill with injectables has allowed me to make the decision when I am ready.

I don't have any pictures to post but would be happy to send them privately to anyone requesting I do so.
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Holden is personable and talented. His understanding of facial anatomy is unsurpassed.

Hi TAC,

I'm glad you went to someone so experienced with something like Restylane, the community has mention how important that is. We'd love to hear more about your experience. Many community members are considering Face lifts, but are not quite ready for that commitment so your review would help.

Thanks,