Multiple Abdominal Hernias - Scottsdale, AZ

Three years ago I had the lap band placed, at that...

Three years ago I had the lap band placed, at that time they placed the ports on the upper abdominal wall. This caused a weakening in my muscle causing me to acquire a huge upper abdominal hernia. In the past three years I have had two hernia repairs by a different surgeon, both were unsuccessful. I also since have had a baby, the pregnancy made the hernia worse, causing my abdomen to literally tear like paper. After giving birth, I had three abdominal hernias. Not only were they affecting my health but they were disfiguring, affecting my self esteem and body image. I was told due to they severity and location they could not be fixed. I was referred to Dr Remus Repta to see if there was anything he could do to fix my abdomen. I was expecting him to tell me there was nothing he could do. Our first meeting he said he could fix the hernias, no problem. Really? No problem? I couldn't believe he could correct the problem after being told by other surgeons it could not be done. I was nervous about undergoing another surgery since nothing had been successful in the past. Dr Remus Repta said these hernias were the biggest he had ever seen. He made me feel very confident going into surgery with his expertise and his amazing bedside manner. My surgery was a big success due to Dr Repta! Because of the incision that had to be made he also gave me a tummy tuck at the same time...WOW. I cant say enough about what an incredible job Dr Repta has done on a medical and cosmetic level. I know there has to be other people walking around with huge hernias. I know that they have been told they cant be fixed. I want people to know they can be fixed and Dr Remus Repta is the doctor to do it!
Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon

Dr Remus Repta is absolutely amazing, not only on a professional level but his bedside manner, office staff and nurses are incredible. I'm not speaking only as a patient but I have been a nurse for ten years, working with hundreds for surgeons. I have never met such a skilled and caring physician and lets not forget I underwent two surgeries that were unsuccessful and was told by other surgeons my problem could not be fixed. Dr Repta performed my surgery with ease and confidence. My medical problems are corrected and I myself image is no longer distorted. I am forever grateful. My only regret is not finding Dr Repta sooner.

Congrats! So happy that your hernias were successfully repaired! I have an umbilical hernia and would like i have that repaired along with a tummy tuck. Was your umbilical hernia repaired with or without mesh? Is your belly button an "innie" after the hernia repair? I am researching and really appreciate any feedback that you have!:) thanks so much
I'm so happy to hear you are satisfied with your hernia repairs this time around! Did he associate any risks with the hernia repairs like comprising the blood supply and the bellybutton dying? I have an umbilical hernia so I'm searching for others who have already had the repairs to get an understanding. Thank you for your post. Enjoy your results!
He did explain this to me and did say there was potential that the belly button could have issues , however mine was fine and I experienced no complications at all. I will say the belly button has taken the longest to heal out of the incision that was made but that is to be expected... I hope this helps. Please consult Dr Repta I know he can help you.
Thank you and I'm glad you didn't have any complications! I appreciate your honesty and continue to enjoy your results!
Congratulations I'm glad he was able to fix it for you!