Trust Dr. Parson with Breast Reconstruction - Scottsdale, AZ

I had a bilateral mastectomy with immediate...

I had a bilateral mastectomy with immediate reconstruction this past summer. Throughout the entire journey, I had a difficult time slowing down after the mastectomy and experienced some normal swelling. Doctor Parson continued to remind me that I needed to take it easy. The reconstruction process was not uncomfortable for me; I had expanders in my chest immediately after the surgery but we waited about 3 weeks to begin the real expansion. He suggested we start slowly, which we did and this helped to alleviate the pressure of the stretching muscle and skin.

During expansion, we discussed in detail, what I expected to look like after this was finished. He expressed his opinion about what he thought was appropriate for my body, which I appreciated. He encouraged me to take vacations with my family, which I did, so some weeks I did not come into the office at all. I was never in any pain, which was amazing because I'm a wimp. My expanders were lopsided, with one breast higher than the other, but he assured me that this would be corrected during the exchange and it was. The new nipples look pretty darn good and the size and shape of my new breasts is perfect. My friends are amazed that I started this process only 3 months ago and am now done. I maintained a light and upbeat attitude, which was important to healing both physically and emotionally.

It sounds like you had a really good experience. You mentioned that you started the expansion process slowly. Do you mind me asking how much you received at each fill?

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast surgeons and plastic surgeons work in tandem on mastectomy/reconstruction cases. I chose Dr. Parson because of a previous surgery that he performed on me. Dr. Parson has been there for me; he and his staff took the time to answer my questions and allay concerns. He was genuine and authentic. I can't say enough good things about this man. Dr. P is the best. I'm cancer free, have new cute boobs and a renewed appreciation for good health. For anyone having to go through this, educate yourself, be informed, follow the doctor's orders, take the pain meds if you have pain, ask questions, be positive, and don't expect to look like you did before.