Very Painful! - Scottsdale, AZ

I am not needle phobic and believe I have an above...

I am not needle phobic and believe I have an above average tolerance of pain, however, the nurse who gave me several sclerotherapy injections in my feet and ankles truly cause momentary but intense pain while injecting. I did not experience nearly this degree of pain in more fatty areas but wonder if she was just bad at giving injections. I also was not pleased with results because I have a lot of purple all over my feet and ankles and had countless injections but am blotchy and still mostly purple. Can't imagine how many more I'd need to really clear them up. Am I the only person in the world who thinks it's really painful?

For reference, 2 syringes cost $305. this session. The initial 1st syringe was, I think, $195. I'm making no mention of who I dealt with. Started with Ablation, etc. Not pleased with those results either. Cost is just Sclerotherapy so far, Insurance paid biggest portion of varicose vein procedures.

Advertising. The nurses were friendly but the Drs spent very little, at best, time explaining anything. Sure didn't want to hear that I wasn't pleased with results. The average 3 star rating is probably too generous.

I'm so sorry to hear you found the treatment to be painful. :( How is the bruising looking now?

I had there 'surgeries' in March 2013 to deal with the huge vericose veins (painful enough!) and my first schlero treatment (I did have some schlero after my first 'surgery' since I had some time left over after the procedure)... but, NO, you are not alone! These little injections hurt like the dickens, especially around the joints/feet where there is less 'flesh'! I had the schlero on Thursday afternoon and when I peeked on Friday morning... O M G! I thought I heard angels singing! It was miraclous! I'm 44 (45 in July) and I have not worn shorts, or even capris, since I was a teenager. I had the vein stripping in my late 20's (but there was no schlero treatment at that time (it was all clinical and not cosmetic)... after being off for two weeks for each leg, and several thousand dollars later, I was still not able to wear shorts... talk about hurt your feelin's!! But with the early results I've seen since Thursday... I am SOOOO excited for Summer!! I have heard optimal results occur several months to a year down the road, so I'm lookin' forward to seeing the end results. With that in mind, I hope your results are more evident as time goes by! I went to the Vein Centers of Southeast Texas (Beaumont location)
I had three surgeries... not there! lol