Wouldn't Look Back. Hands Down, Best Surgeon I've Met - Scottsdale, AZ

To feel better about myself; lifelong insecurities...

To feel better about myself; lifelong insecurities regarding facial appearance

Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

I've intentionally waited 3 ½ months post-surgery (rhinoplasty/septoplasty) to recount my experience with Dr. Holden so as to assure a more honest and realistic impression of his work. My impression remains today what it was the day I met him. Dr. Holden is by far one of the most caring, sensitive, and meticulous surgeons (and dare I say doctors, in general) that I have met out of more than a dozen other surgeons in the 4 years preceding my procedure. Twice before my current surgery, I met with series of surgeons over 4 years time and each time was scared away from the process either due to frustration with doctors' bedside manner, doubts based on photos of their work, or lack of confidence in making right decision. The day I walked out of Dr. Holden's office, I chose my desired surgery date/time and committed to the process with him without a hesitation. I walked out of his office 100% confident and excited that I was making the right decision in choosing him as my surgeon. Dr. Holden has just the right combination of patient-centered, caring approach + skill that I was desperate for. He spent over an hour and a half with me at my initial meeting, anticipated ALL of my questions and wants before I voiced them, then still gave me an opportunity to fill in my spreadsheet of questions all with a smile on his face and refreshing sense of humor. He has been readily available for any follow-up questions/visits and even provides patients with a personal cell phone number for immediate access when needed. Regarding skill, I am currently 32 and had one previous surgery at age 15, but unfortunately the changes since had left me insecure still about the appearance of my face and nose. I dreaded close-up photos for years and felt sad more often than not when looking into a mirror. Since week 2 post-surgery, I already have a renewed sense of self. Dr. Holden crafted a nose that I feel I was meant to be born with. I no longer dread photos and already feel that my surgery has been a magnificent success. Interestingly, my friends and colleagues were shocked when I told them I had surgery just 2 weeks post-op, as the healing process was so natural. It is only when I look back to old photos that I realize how dramatic my new appearance is. What Dr. Holden has produced far exceeds the expectations that even he set forth in his office, both thru computer-generated photos and discussions re. realistic expectations. I would recommend Dr. Holden to anyone as an expert in his field and am grateful for the time and care he continues to extend to me as a patient. He has consistently demonstrated compassion and integrity pre- and post-op where other surgeons failed to do so, and I am beyond pleased with my decision to work with him. Not only has he helped me with superficial gain, but he has helped me to feel like a renewed person inside out, and for that I am forever grateful.

I'm embarrassed to say I forget some of the more technical details - I'm pretty sure it was open though (I had the more challenging of the two :)
Did u have a closed or open rhino?
How wonderful...your results look terrific! I am very happy for you.
Thank you so very much! And to think those photos are only at the two month mark. I expect that it will only get better over the next year. :)

Your results are dramatic! Thank you for sharing your experience and providing before and after photos. They help so much.

You are so welcome. I'm happy to answer any questions anyone may have - this was such a scary process to go thru and I am so incredibly grateful I did.