Cheek Hollows by Undereye Area - Scottsdale, AZ

I am a veteran with Juvederm and Perlane fillers...

I am a veteran with Juvederm and Perlane fillers and wanted to try something to help soften my tear trough /under eye area. Belotero is still making it's way through Scottsdale medical offices so I decided to try Restylane in the mean time. I had some Juvederm put in the tear trough area a few years ago before I had my blephs done. It was alright but it did get the common blue hue (which wasn't a huge deal to me, it was minimal) and funny enough, it didn't smooth out as well as Juvederm has the reputation for doing. I decided to get some in the mid frontal cheek area to try to offset the slight hollows under my eyes. I heard Restylane was good for this area so here goes nothing...So as usual, I did not do any topical numbing (Like I said, I'm a pro lol), the pain was no different than any other filler I have had in the past. It didn't take that long to do the areas I wanted, maybe 20 minutes or so (1 syringe used)? I did have a little issue with an indentation on my left cheek afterwards, it was massaged well and I kept trying to smooth it out the first 2 days. It was pretty tender though. I also got a little in my nasal fold area but I don't know that it was enough, I may need more. It did hurt in a pinching pain and sure enough I ended up bruising moderately by my right nostril and faintly on the left. I did have a tiny bit of product left after filling the above areas so I had it put in the lower border of my lip. I was red and swollen as normal (cheeks pretty red from being rubbed so much) and I did ice a short while afterwards. I was able to cover any evidence of my injections with makeup that same night. The next day I was tender still in the areas injected and the bruising was starting to darken. The dent in my left cheek was still noticeable to me and I was a tiny bit worried but not bad. Day 3 it seemed to smooth out much better in my cheeks but my bruises were a nice plum color now instead of burgundy. I can feel the filler in my cheeks when I massage them but I am sure it will soften up as the others typically do. I do think it helped my undereye area as of now (and no blue Juve hue!!), I am curious to see how long it will last....

Oh my gosh, you took the plunge & gave it a try!! It looks like it came out really nice from the pictures. I would love if you posted another straight on shot (like your before) in a week or two so we can compare those.

Do you know if the Restylane had lidocaine mixed in?

I did do the cheek area like I had planned but wanted to try the Restylane before I committed to the Radiesse (the one I was back and forth about)since the Radiesse is semi permanent and a different kind of filler (it does not come with lidocaine mixed in).  Thanks, it did seem to help some but I can't help feeling like I may need a little more especially around the nose area.  This is a bit of a trial, it will be interesting to see how long it lasts (supposedly up to 18 months).  I'm pretty sure I had the Restylane with lidocaine bc I didn't do any topical numbing beforehand so I an sure it would've hurt much more if it didn't.  Funny, I just assumed it was the "L" version.  I will definitely keep you posted!
Lisa Williams NP, Ultra Smooth Skin

Lisa has done fillers and botox on me for years. She answers any questions and her friendly personality makes you feel comfortable. Allison does nice peels here as well. The deals here are pretty unbeatable and I can typically get an appointment the same week or the week after at the very latest. They are very good at getting back to you as well. It's also nice that they are open on Saturdays.