Liposuction - THREE Years Later...- Scottsdale, AZ

Hi. Unlike many of the other very helpful reviews...

Hi. Unlike many of the other very helpful reviews on this site (which I diligently read prior to my procedure), I would like to review from the perspective of what my results are like THREE YEARS AFTER the procedure. I had liposuction of the upper & lower abdomen, inner & outer thighs, as well as the flanks, done in June of 2010. The procedure went as I expected for the most part, perhaps a little more pain during surgery than I thought, but nothing unbearable. Recovery was uneventful, long weekend in bed mostly, but up and about (still sore, of course) by Monday. Started wearing pants that week that had been very tight just days before. Very happy with the results!! Now, for what I've noticed about my body three years out. I am 5'11' and went into surgery at 152 lbs. Two weeks post, I was 148. (This is NOT a weight loss surgery, please don't go into it believing that, as you will be disappointed. This is a body re-shaping surgery, and with that in mind, I got exactly what I wanted.) Now, what I have noticed since my liposuction is that if I go up 5-8 lbs. (after a great vacation perhaps?! :) my upper body does in fact take on that extra weight. My boobs get bigger, my arms get noticeably thicker, and I can indeed see more fat on my back. Where I had the liposuction remains relatively the same, but the fat does need to land somewhere if your weight goes up, and for me, it lands in my upper torso. I make a strong effort to stay at 150 pounds, which is my "happy weight", but like most women, it can fluctuate up a bit, especially now that I am in my early 40's and the metabolism isn't what it used to be. Weighed myself yesterday, and I was 157 (just back from vacation), and yep, the thick arms and back fat are definitely noticeable when I look in a full-length mirror. Never had this before lipo, even at 157! Now, I will once again diet these extra pounds off, and the arms and back will lose their extra fat. Would I change my mind about doing the lipo, no, I would not. I'm still happy that I had it done, as having my saddlebags gone is a very good thing. However, PLEASE know, that there is a chance that if you gain some weight post-lipo (even just a few pounds), it WILL land somewhere else on your body that was NEVER a trouble spot before and create a new area that you once again may not be very happy with.
William Hall, MD