Just Had the Fraxel! 47F - Fair Skin, Blk Hair, Blue Eyes - Scottsdale, AZ

Drink ALOT of water prior to your appointment...

Drink ALOT of water prior to your appointment.

During Procedure: Was not numbed, felt like being snapped in the face with a rubber band repeatedly, smelled like burning flesh, heat progressed as treatment progressed. The pain was DEFINITELY there and I have a high pain tolerance. VERY red and still in pain.

Went to work right after, and really DONT recommend it. I have had other procedures - micro dermabrasion, IPL, botox and filler - and have ALWAYS just been able to cover the redness with some Jane Iredale mineral powder & function.

THIS was embarrassing. You can't put ANY makeup on and even if you could, it would NOT cover the redness. My coworkers all commented - some saying I looked like I was in a fire and hope I don't stay this way. (me too- the worry is DEFINITELY there)

I also wish that I'd been informed that it would my face would be this unpresentable.

The level of pain now 8 hrs post treatment, is pretty surprising too. I was in Hawaii last year, after using Retin A & burnt and swelled pretty badly, but this might feel worse.

How the results LOOK at this point is such a mute point with all the discomfort and unsightliness, but I'll be happy to report as I go along.

Its obvious Im experiencing some negativity due to the unexpected side effects, but am SURE the positive benefits will come in the next couple of weeks. (again...I wasn't prepared for this to involve such downtime)

Ill be posting pics as I heal.

Please - just PLAN for this procedure - probably right before summer is NOT a good time. Give yourself a couple of days of NO SOCIAL or WORK down time.

Best of luck to everyone! I hope your results turn out beautifully!

So Far, SO GOOD!!! Day 2 Im actually able to wear...

So Far, SO GOOD!!! Day 2 Im actually able to wear some makeup to cover up all the little brown X's from the laser.

Notice - more of a GLOW...which is beautiful at 47.

Ill try to find a good BEFORE pic so you can see what I was dealing with.

You say they didn't numb you prior to treatment??? My derm says an hour before I have to be there so they apply a numbing agent all over face & I would probably take a small dose of Valium just to be relaxed...! :)
Hi my derm suggested I do the fraxel to get rid of some areas of sun damage ( darker spots) on my outer cheek area- how many days until you were really healed? I'm trying to decide if I give myself a week to sort of hide indoors is that sufficient? Did you experience lots of peeling skin etc? Appreciate any more info you can provide! Thx

Thank you for the detailed review of your procedure.  The first day does not sound like much fun:(   I will be anxious to see your pictures once you are totally healed.

Scottsdale Ridge Medi Spa

They are a medi spa that performs my botox treatments.