MicroPen Treatment for Acne Scar & Dark Skin - Scottsdale, AZ

It's been years and after many other useless...

It's been years and after many other useless treatments... I'm excited to tell you about my recent procedure to help me get rid of or minimize my deep acne scars all over my face!

My doctor informed me she was introducing MicroPen/DermaPen/Professional Needling and that would reduce my prevalent acne scars.
1st step: she cleaned my face thoroughly
2nd: Placed Numbing Cream (30-35min)
3rd: used 1.5 derampen needle on my forehead
4th: on my temples, cheeks, chin and nose she used 2mm needle
5th: dermapen was passed through my face a total of 3 times because of my deep scars and tough skin
6: applied topical PRP (platelet-rich plasma) to my face to promote collagen rejuvenation and minimize bruising

aftercare: No face touching, No Makeup, No Working out for 24/48hrs
use cetaphil face wash and moisturizer

1st day the swelling and pain was not so bad. My face was very red even for a dark skin person.
2nd day my face was somewhat painfully swollen, bright red and very itchy.
3rd day face is still a bit swollen, red and somewhat itchy mostly around my nose and chin

Despite all the steps, aftercare and healing process... i'm excited to be seeing fabulous results already! I'm already looking forward to my next treatments and postings! This procedure is heaven sent for people with dark skin and that suffered from severe acne. The price is reasonable to me - i've spent thousands of dollars on other useless treatments w no evidence of improvements afterwards.

Dr. Lauri Moody to me is an derma-angel! She's professional, skilled and very caring of her patients!

Day 4: took a progress pic this morning will be...

Day 4: took a progress pic this morning will be posting it. The swelling and redness is gone. My skin is slightly peeling. My chin broke-out and it was a big & ugly. however, I see major improvement in my skin texture, coloring and scar depth. I'm very happy with my results... i've scheduled my next session for the 1st week of march! My birthday is on April 20th and want to make sure I look fab!

CORRECTION: I need to apologize and clear up a...

CORRECTION: I need to apologize and clear up a goofy mix-up... I had MicroPen NOT DermaPen needling treatment! Hoping to have my posting revised asap. thanks for understanding
Dr. Lauri Moody

Can I just tell you how happy this review made me? I've been through microdermabrasion, fractional lasers, the gamut, and just had my first micropen about ten days ago now. The fourth day, I finally put on makeup for the first time and absolutely COULD NOT BELIEVE the improvement in texture (I've got some pretty deep scarring). I was literally crying to my husband about how I almost felt good about myself for the first time in years. And THEN...the horrible, monster chin break-out from hell came. I knew it was a possibility (happened every time I had a laser treatment, too) but after that original elation, I was pretty much heartbroken. Well...that's finally starting to subside, and I'm getting back I normal, though with the decreased scar depth and overall improvement in general. It was just nice to see someone went through the same thing...that I'm not crazy...and that it'll all be okay on the other side. :) So now I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to scrape together enough dough to get back in for more of these. Overall, I'd say breakout from hell was worth it. If I see this much improvement from just one treatment, I can't WAIT to see what's to come.
Did you do PRP too? I have had two micro pens with HA. The PRP is much more expensive and am wondering if it is worth it??
can i have your doctor's info so i can go to her for this treatment