3 Cesareans Later, Mommy Needs a Panniculectomy! - Scottsdale, AZ

Hello, all! I'm at the very beginning of my...

Hello, all! I'm at the very beginning of my journey to be the best version of me that I can be. I met with my doctor last week because of the intertrigo (chafing rash) caused by my belly flap. He said I am a good candidate for the panniculectomy. My youngest is 2.5, and I have been dealing with the side effects of a hanging belly ever since his birth. I made an appointment with a plastic surgeon, recommended by my sister in law, for this Friday....I am beyond nervous! My insurance is Aetna, and they should cover it because I meet all of the criteria. I will keep you posted!

waiting game

I saw the surgeon on Friday and he insisted I was too high-risk to have the surgery now. He said my bum needs to be 30 or lower. (Right now it is 36) he talked a lot, I don't feel like he gave me much of a chance to speak. He even suggested I consider lap band surgery! I couldn't imagine doing that after losing do much weight on my own to just lose 25 more pounds!! I wasn't impressed with Dr. Makes and won't be returning to see him even after I do lose the extra weight. I feel like I'm starting all over again. :(
Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon