3 Cesareans Later, Mommy Needs a Panniculectomy! - Scottsdale, AZ

Hello, all! I'm at the very beginning of my...

Hello, all! I'm at the very beginning of my journey to be the best version of me that I can be. I met with my doctor last week because of the intertrigo (chafing rash) caused by my belly flap. He said I am a good candidate for the panniculectomy. My youngest is 2.5, and I have been dealing with the side effects of a hanging belly ever since his birth. I made an appointment with a plastic surgeon, recommended by my sister in law, for this Friday....I am beyond nervous! My insurance is Aetna, and they should cover it because I meet all of the criteria. I will keep you posted!

Welcome and thanks for sharing your journey!

Good luck with your appointment, I hope it goes well! Are you having the surgery because of the post-pregnancy tummy, or have you also had major weight loss?
I have 2 yr old twins and I've had two c-sections, not to mention that I have loose skin due to 90 lbs weight loss too. I had my panniculectomy in June 2013 and I can honestly say that it was totally worth it. Lets know if you have any questions/concerns- I will answer from my point of view. Best of luck! XOXO
Hi, ocbaby! Thank you so much for your support. Sometimes I feel silly or even selfish for wanting to do this, but at the end of the day when I look at my body in the mirror I know that I have to do it. I read your posts, and I am so grateful to you for your honesty; I don't look forward to those drains! How are you feeling now? How does your scar look? Are you happy with how your stomach looks? I just can't wait to wear jeans again and not look like I have a pillow in my pants...lol! I wear a size 18 now, but I know without this flap, I could sport a 14, maybe a 12! Thank you again for your support, I can't wait to be where you are!

waiting game

I saw the surgeon on Friday and he insisted I was too high-risk to have the surgery now. He said my bum needs to be 30 or lower. (Right now it is 36) he talked a lot, I don't feel like he gave me much of a chance to speak. He even suggested I consider lap band surgery! I couldn't imagine doing that after losing do much weight on my own to just lose 25 more pounds!! I wasn't impressed with Dr. Makes and won't be returning to see him even after I do lose the extra weight. I feel like I'm starting all over again. :(

Hi all, I appreciate all of your comments, I'm scheduled for my panniculectomy this Friday along with liposuction of the abdomen, flank and back. I have a little anxiety but I am so looking forward to this, I'm tired of looking like I have a buttocks in front of me!
Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon