Surgery a Success!

I'm a healthy and health-conscious, athletic...

I'm a healthy and health-conscious, athletic 5'4'', 110 lb., 32 A/B 43 yr old mom. I want a natural look to fill out lost volume from brestfeeding and age. I love a sexy, curvy womanly shape. I lost my volume from age and breastfeeding. My biggest deterrent in getting BA is the negative body image message I might be sending my daughters and potential health risks. I'm pretty sensitive to chemicals, perfumes and anything toxic so I worry I might have some side effects from BA. I'm planning on getting the smallest silicone implants that fit my petite frame. Today I go for my final consult to determine size. I"m also having Rhinoplasty to open up my right nasal passage to improve breathing. Doctor will also smooth out slight bump. I figure I might as well go under the knife only once. I hope it isn't too much pain in having two surgeries at once.

Still on the fence

I saw the doctor a couple of days ago and we took a photo of me before and after with the 215 cc implants in a sports bra with my clothes on. He says this is the largest they will ever look since they are laying on top of my skin and not yet inserted. I like the way they look.

Side view before pic

Tried to get this to upload before.

6 more days until surgery

I'm so excited. I've decided I'm going to do it.

Surgery a Success!

Yesterday was surgery. It went great. Really easy. They just put me to sleep and voila, I woke up with new breasts and nose. Having both surgeries at the same time so far not too bad. I have 2 black eyes and 2 huge new boobies. Huge is relative of course. Way bigger than pre-op. They look bigger than I wanted, hoping it is just swelling. My doc and his team were awesome. I still haven't seen my boobs. I'm not sure if I can take the bra or white band off yet to see them. Anyone? I"m relieved it is over and excited to see the results.

Day 1 after surgery

Wow. I can't believe how good I feel. I can still see the purple marker lines on my breasts. I just took a peek and here they are. I think the doc did a great job in keeping them subtle. I can see they are swollen and up higher than I want. I trust they will drop. I'll take more pics after my doctor visit tomorrow. I'm so nervous about taking off the bra and messing them up. Thanks everyone for your love and support. I'm so grateful for this site.

Day 1 before and after comparison

I love the subtle lift and fullness that I have back after babies and breastfeeding.

one week after BA and Rhinoplasty

Wow! Overall, I feel really great. I'm totally off all the meds. No more Soma and Percoset needed. Not even Tylenol. But if I feel pain I will take it. Back to work today at my desk.

I have some discomfort in my chest. The white strap I have to keep snug really makes it tought to breathe deeply. I feel mostly tightness in chest and the occasional sharp pain. My boobs still feel sorta foreign on my body but I'm sure I will get used to them. I had a crazy dream last night that the doc filled them with green gummy bears instead of the silicone implants. (no, I didn't have any drugs or alcohol in my system when I went to bed! ;)

My nose is still in a cast. I get it off in 3 days. My 2 black eyes are just about gone. Some yellow skin from the bruises still left.

Nose cast is off. Boobs doing great!

Wow. My nose looks amazing. The deviated septum is fixed and I can breath again in both nostrils. The swelling is so minimal you can't see it.

My boobie update... other than the tightness in my chest and a few shooting pains here and there, my boobs feel amazing. Still getting used to the new heaviness on my chest. I really hate wearing the white strap across the top of my boobs to keep them from riding up. It really constricts breathing.

I'm off the pain meds as of three days ago. Taking Traumeel, 1,000 Vitamin C, multivitamins and lots of rest.

Trying on my bikinis with my new boobs.

Oh here are the girlies at 9 days post op. I tried on some of my bikinis and wow what a difference! So happy with the results. They are getting softer and dropping each day.

before and after bikini

I love the Frametastic app that helps you do before and after shots.

before and after 10 days post opp

so happy!!
Arizona Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Shaw was exceptional. I've rarely give the highest marks on any review of anything. But he truly deserves it. The whole process from start to finish was professional, and informative. I felt respected, safe and cared for at every moment. Dr. Shaw and his staff are the best out there.

you look absolutely amazing girl! not only your boobs, but tell me youre not really 43??? lol..you are rockin' the body of a 20 year old...I never looked that good then even lol! seriously you belong in a magazine in the white bikini...your figure is just plain sexy girl! congrats..thanks for sharing your story!!
Congratulations! I also love your results. I'm glad you shared your story as it shows other women seeking a breast augmentation that sometimes it only takes 215 cc's to complete a very lovely and natural look. Just curious, what did you end up telling your daughters about your procedure? (I have updated your doctor info...let me know if the info is not correct.)
I told my daughters that I was doing the surgery to restore my body back to what is was before pregnancy and breastfeeding. I said that I waited until I knew I wasn't going to have more children. They were very accepting and supportive. :)
Oh that's perfect. Glad the conversation went well!
Wow I think these are the most natural looking implants I have seen. Look amazing on you!! Congrats!
Thank you!
Wow! Could you look more amazing?! So glad this has gone so Well for you. I must say, I was amazed by your instant results. I've never seen someone come out of surgery looking that amazing. I'm in Tucson, so if I ever decide on BA, I know which Dr. I'm going to consider. Thanks for posting your journey. How wonderful for you!
Thank you! I used Dr. Shaw in Scottsdale. He is amazing and his office staff and surgical team are top notch. I had a few friends that went to him too and they all got outstanding results! Good luck!
You look perfect. I am very similar to you and am so happy i am going with a similar implant size as you. Thank you for this post, as it made me so reassured I am picking the right size (not too large!) You are perfect!
Thank you! I'm so glad it helped. I've been reading this site for a while and other peoples posts have really helped me. I saw you are concerned about working out. My doc says no upper body workouts for 4 weeks. And no chest or pushups for 3 months to be safe. I am going with his recommendation. It will be challenging because I'm a yoga teacher and I won't be able to do some poses. But I don't want to screw it up. I can do lower body and gentle cardio after 2 weeks. Good luck!
I'm very happy I saw this post. . So I am pretty much your same size 5'3, 110 and like you, very athletic. I run almost very day so I do not want something too big. I was thinking about a 250 cc silicone or a 275 silicone but now that I have seen yours I think that they look amazing and would be exactly what I would want for myself. Do you fit into B bras? Or C bras? They look absolutely perfect!
Thank you!! I haven't tried on any bras yet. But I think I will be a C. My surgeon just wants me to wear my sports bra for a month. I'm not so concerned about the cup size, more the way they look. In 3 months, he says I will know my true size. I'm so glad I went smaller and moderate profile and not high profile.
You look amazing! I imagine it will only get even better as they soften and drop more. I'm so anxious for my consultation in a couple weeks. Want to plan my surgery for Sept 2014. Can't wait to see how you do over the next couple months.
Thank you! It's a big decision. It helped that I knew I had the one of the best surgeons in town. Good luck with your decision.
Thank you!!!!
Congrats ...glad ur doing great and that you are happy with the result . Keep laying low ! Good luck
Thank you! I hope you are well too. I'm feeling pretty good.
Good luck! I'm about your size and went with 350 HP and will tell you sizers felt way bigger than actual implants. I'm almost 4 weeks out and it was rough the first week, but got way better!
Thank you!
Hey there, I wanted to say that we're the same age, and I too was considering implants due to loss of volume. After realizing the average replacement is every 10 years I opted not to. I also have a beautiful 15 year old daughter who like yourself I to had concerns with how it would impact her. I'm so very glad I choose not too. I'm now looking into possible fat transfer, but even still, it's a fairly involved procedure. It's a difficult decision, because honestly I believe we're looking into this for a little restoration of what we once had, not what we've never had, so the internal struggle is a bit different. I had a rhinoplasty when i was 22, and was so thankful my daughter didn't end up with my previous nose, because how would i explain to her, it should be good enough for her. All the things we think of. Haha. What I've come to realize is accepting what we have doesn't seem to be an easy solution either, so I've found focusing on what I do like, and choosing the safest options options for things I do change helps to maintain a bit of a balance. The one rule of thumb I always follow is, always go with your gut, and if any doubt don't do it, then trust your decision and don't look back. Good luck!
SusiQ, I love your advice. It is so true that this can be such an internal struggle. I ultimately will trust my gut. I know if I don't do it, I will be fine. And if I do it, I will probably love it and will cross whatever bridge (replacement or other complication) when I come to it. Truth is we can't predict anything. I'm so appreciative to have your support and honesty.
Amen sister!
Good luck with your upcoming surgery! I think you will have very natural-looking results with 215cc. Please make sure you are fully aware of all possible risks and complications (medically and cosmetically) before your surgery date so that you are prepared. Best wishes! :)
Thank you! I have researched like crazy. Quizzed the doctor to death to where I thought he might kick me out and not do the surgery. :) In the end, I can't predict what will really happen, just make the best decision with the information I have and go with my gut.
You've done exactly what you're supposed to. I quizzed my doc to death too! Lol