38 Years Old, Desired an Implant Replacement. A Review of AAAesthetics in Scottsdale, Arizona.

I initially had a breast augmentation in April of...

I initially had a breast augmentation in April of 2012. After two years of disliking my results I decided to take action. My implants looked fake, projected too much, and were not at all what I had envisioned my results to be like. I was referred to Dr. Repta by a fellow performer and although his office is in Arizona and I live in NYC I decided to consult with him and ultimately fly to Arizona for the surgery. From the fist moment I spoke to a secretary on the phone I had a great feeling about it. The nurses, assistants and Dr. Repta were very professional, considerate, and compassionate. After my in person consult with Dr. Repta I felt positive that my results would be closer to what I had desired- to change the shape of my breast and have less projection. He spent a good amount of time explaining why he recommended the particular breast implant I ended up with. I appreciated this because my fist experience was the exact opposite. I was rushed in and out, and the doctor didn't explain much to me about anything. In hind sight I had originally made a huge mistake. I went for less expensive. I chose to ignore some red flags that occurred during the interview with the original doctor. I deeply regret having done that. Now my augmentation has been corrected as best as possible by Dr. Repta and his associates. If you're about to consult for this procedure keep in mind it's important to trust the doctor who is about to operate on you. There are too many variables that can go wrong. If there are any red flags during the interview don't ignore them. Take your time and consider the options. Don't rush into anything. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for. I'm happy with my new breasts. I can look in the mirror and not feel anxiety or regret.

I'm so happy your revision went well. Congratulations! Thank you for your great advice about not ignoring any red flags during your doctor interview. I agree that it's important to get several doctor consults until you find the one you like and trust.

What type of changes did you make aside from the projection? Did you get smaller implants? Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf!
Hi Beth- I decided to go with what Dr. Repta advised- shaped gummy bear with moderate profile. 275cc. I had wanted smaller but didn't want to endure two surgeries and more time healing. In order to go smaller the implants would be removed and the capsule corrected and healed. Then surgery 2 would have been the new implants put in. This is a lot of recovery time and $$. Overall I'm happy with what I have now.
Oh that's very interesting information. It makes sense that you would have to heal a corrected capsule if you wanted a smaller implant. Do you feel a bit smaller with a moderate profile?
Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Repta is patient, explains everything very thoroughly, and is highly qualified.