Just Want to Look Good in a Bikini! Lipo on my Tummy, Flanks, and Inner Thighs. - Scottsdale, AZ

I am a 24 year old who really just wants to look...

I am a 24 year old who really just wants to look good in a bikini. From 9-13 years old I weighed about 189 lbs. As I got taller (I'm 5'10" now), I thinned out. I now weigh 152 lbs. However, to this day I have never felt sexy in my own skin! I'm hoping lipo helps! I really just want to be able to wear a bikini and not feel like a whale.

So why did I decide on lipo in the first place? Well one of my best friends had lipo and a breast augmentation done by Dr. Borsand in March of this year. She looks incredible. I took care of her and saw the battle and pain she went through. She was in an incredible amount of pain because she decided to do both procedures at the same time. I already have had a breast augmentation, so I decided it was time to do what I've always wanted to do: liposuction. I decided on lipo on my stomach, inner thighs, and flanks.

I had my surgery today and it was actually not as scary as I thought it would be. I arrived at the surgery center at 10:45 a.m. with my husband. My surgery time was around 11:15 a.m. (My husband is early everywhere he goes.) Kim, the operating room RN, met me at the door and took me into the bathroom to change into a surgical gown and panties. After I was done changing, Kim took me into the pre-op room. She put these things around my legs (I'm guessing to help with the pressure) and put an IV in me immediately to push fluid. (Remember that you can't eat or drink anything from midnight the night before your surgery, so you are likely pretty dehydrated before the surgery.) Dr. Borsand then entered to room and had me stand up so that he could draw on me. He drew all over my stomach, flanks, and inner thighs to determine exactly where he wanted to go in to suck the fat out. He then sat me back down and let me know that the anesthesiologist would be coming in to chat with me before we went into the operating room. When the anesthesiologist entered the room, she asked me numerous questions about my drinking habits etc. After she was done going over everything with me Kim returned and we headed for the surgery room. When I entered the surgery room I was greeted by multiple nurses who began to "paint" my body with antibacterial stuff (it was brown) because the table is sterile. Thus, I needed to be sterile too. This process was torture. LOL! It was freezing. They painted my stomach and the front of my legs. When they were done painting, they helped me up onto the operating table and had me lie down on my tummy. They then began to paint my back and the back of my legs. The anesthesiologist then put a plastic mask on my face that smelled of plastic. She then began to administer my "cocktail" of drugs. LOL! Kim told me to imagine myself on a beach so that I had pleasant dreams while "sleeping." That is literally the last thing I remember from the operating room. The next thing I remember is waking up to my husband, my best friend, and Kim in the recovery room. Apparently I asked numerous times how much fat they took out. Kim said they took out 1 liter of fat. After Kim wheeled me out to my best friend's car, we of course stopped at Dutch Brothers. (You are not supposed to drink water on the day of surgery; they recommend pushing caffeine beverages to help with the anesthesia escaping from your body.) We then went back to my house where my husband had puppy pads all ready for me. (It will surprise you how much fluid you leak after surgery.) I spent the whole day watching movies and spending time with my best friend and my husband. I can't believe how decent I feel today. I was expecting to feel like absolute crap, but I was told that I'd feel great for 19-24 hrs because of the anesthesia. I'm guessing tomorrow I'll probably feel terrible, but I'm hoping I feel great. I will keep you updated on my progress. I cannot wait to see the results.

I was told I will be swollen for several weeks so I guess we will see.

Lots more pain today

I can really feel it today. I am so uncomfortable it isn't even funny. Just trying to stay positive right now.

I need to slow myself down

I think I'm expecting a ton of progress in a few days and just upsetting myself. I know my body is going to be swollen for months. I need to just keep reminding myself of that.

I got in my 2nd suit today. So no more draining for me!! Yay! Here's a picture of me in my suit after my shower tonight. I still have a ton of bruising.

Stupid pictures didn't work

Here try this :)
Dr. Marvin Borsand

Dr. Borsand is a good doctor. I absolutely love his office staff and specifically his RN, Kim. She makes the whole experience incredible. She actually helped take care of me before when I got a breast augmentation in 2009. I feel like I'm in good hands with Dr. Borsand and his staff.