31 Years Old, 5'8, 2 daughters, Wanted to Flatten Some Things out - Schererville, IN

I had my surgery yesterday. I am very sore. I have...

I had my surgery yesterday. I am very sore. I have had two breast augmentation procedures in the past. This soreness seems to be hurting a little more. I'm guessing it's because several areas were done...flanks, abdomen and outer thighs. As long as I take the pain meds, it's tolerable. I cannot wait to see the results! I will update how things are going.

Day 2 post op

Today is the second day after my procedure. I am still extremely sore! Last night I removed the compression garment to take a shower. I can already see results! (Even through the swelling!) I have an appt this afternoon with Dr. Galante. He told me that I would leak a lot the first 24 hours after surgery. Turns out, I didn't leak much at all. I'm thinking that is why I am hurting so much. There is a lot of fluid trapped in there, creating pressure. I called yesterday and they said that some patients heal very quickly. I'm thinking that is what my tiny incisions did... Closed up and didn't allow most of the fluid to leak out. I will know more after my appt! I plan on getting pictures up soon!

3 days post op

I feel much better today! Yay! I went to my dr.'s office to get "TopiFoam". My compression garment was pushing too hard in places, leaving indents. The foam is helping big time to relieve pressure. I'm still very swollen, but each day it's going down!

Post op day 8

The picture I'm posting is from day 6. I havnt updated anything because I havnt seen any changes. Still swollen and sore. If anything, I'm more swollen than the day after surgery (which I understand is normal) The compression garment was digging in and hurting so bad at the zipper! I asked if I could change to spanx, and I got the ok. I still wear the compression garment as much as possible, but I switch to the spanx for a few hours during the day, just to change the pressure points. I forgot to ask the doctor for my before pictures last time I was there. I will post them as soon as I get them. Very minimal bruising on my stomach and back. My bruising is on my outter thighs. For some reason, this is where it am experiencing the most pain. Everyday is getting better. I do get worn out a little quicker. I'm not one for sitting still, so I might be pushing myself a little too far. I am just looking forward to the day where I can say all of this was worth it!

10 day post op

Feeling sooo much better! Still sore. The swelling is going down. I have a bunch of knots everywhere. I'm working on massaging them as much as possible. Had a little date night last night with the boyfriend. I wore spanx instead of my compression garment. I wore jeans and a tight tank top... So awesome to not have love handles!!! I'm hoping to get my before pictures from my doctor today. When I get them, I will post them.????

My before pictures...

These are my before pictures????

pictures

Pictures in order

Waist cincher

Waist cincher is by "Squeem". I like it alot, just as long as I'm not sitting!
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Galante is hands down the best! So is his assistant Lauren King! They both made me feel extremely comfortable. They are patient, knowledgeable and kind. I would never go anywhere else! His entire staff is wonderful! He has a great thing going. I cannot wait to see the results!

You look great- loving all your updates!
Thank you so much. Just hoping my results are as good as everyone else's!!!
I see a noticeable difference in your photos are you are still only a month out- be patient!
Thanks Jill!!!
Thanks Jill for your support!!!
I think you look fantastic!!! I am 3 weeks out from smartlipo of mainly lower abs (54 year old menopot)!!! My Dr. suggested velashape which hurts like hell - I was only 12 days out for my first treatment - ouch, ouch, ouch. It felt like a very strong vacuum cleaner that delivers heat and massage at the same time - the technician described it as an iron. I have developed a 5-6" indention above my belly button which really concerns me, but my doctor reassured me and told me that this is a build-up of lymphatic fluid. My 2nd velashape treatment is Tueday with the month follow-up with the Dr. Thursday. I just hope all this money and aggravation is worth it - going to Italy in 22 days - I just wan to look good. One week out, I did my powerwalk - 3 miles in 50 minutes and slept 8 1/2 hours the next day - overdid it just a bit. I have lost 7 pounds, but am still extremely swollen and have that crease to worry about. Good luck and continued healing.
Wow, ok. So you don't need anything for your thighs anymore? I still have two more weeks to wear my full body garment plus the spanx on top of that. Ugh.
I had a check up today... he said I might need a revision on my thighs. I see him in two months, then we will decide if I need a revision. I didn't need much off of them. I only had the outer done, but both sides have a concave look to them. I will have to take pictures.
He also said I don't need to wear any compression garments anymore. I told him that I will continue to wear them often.
Do you have to pay for that or will he have to eat the loss since he didn't take enough off or the concave occurred?
I have no idea! I should have asked! He is a very reputable doctor, so we shall see!
What kind of garment do you wear? Your results are great? I'm still battling some wrinkling skin every few days then it goes away then it comes back. It's aggravating.
My compression garment was getting loose, so I shopped online and found a waist cincher. The brand is "Squeem". I'll take a quick picture and post it to my profile so you can see it.
How are you healing? Are you not having to wearing a body garment? Since your wearing panties in your pictures I'm guessing not. I have to wear mine 24-7 for 6 weeks....ugh, but I guess I'll do what I have to after paying good money I would hate to let it go to waste. Also can you tell a difference in shape in your thighs yet? I can't and my PS says it's bc I'm still swollen and I won't see it for a few mths.
I'm still wearing my garment all the time. I just had it off after my shower to take pictures. It feels weird not having it on! I'm very bumpy and lumpy right now. I have a check up on Thursday and I have lots of questions! Not sure how I feel about my legs yet... It almost seems as though they were the most painful! I didn't have much there, but they are all lumpy and bumpy too.
Hey Cher-I also had a compression garment for the first week but my dr let me switch to spanx after a week. I found the side zipper compression so uncomfortable & it was leaving marks down my sides. The spanx is SO much nicer I cannot tell you! & it holds me in wonderfully!
Yes, it does feel weird when I'm not wearing mine, but it's only when I'm washing it. I haven't really felt around for lumps or bumps too much bc all this tape he has on me. I feel like a Frankenstein almost...all stiff. Lol. On top of wearing all the garments and tight socks for swelling and then clothes, it kinda gets hot (really only too hot at work bc it's 80+degrees inside there). He told me the legs were the most painful bc of all the muscles and nerves and other stuff he had to go through which is probably still why my legs are numb and I hate that weird feeling. Hope all goes well at your apt.
Where did you get your spanx at? I went to multiple stores last week and I couldn't find the right kind. The zipper does hurt and is uncomfortable. My doctor actually put tape along the sides of my body so he zippers wouldn't dig in my skin and it does help but it's just still all around uncomfortable. He has me wearing my garment plus my spanx like thing on top of it. So I'm doubled up which equals super super uncomfortable. I got mine at walmart for like $17 but I want good quality. He told me it was good material but you know we paid thousands for this procedure and I don't want to mess it up wearing the wrong stuff.
Cher - you aren't at work in the 80 degrees are you?! I hope not! yeah everything you're describing is very accurate to what I feel too! I was crying off/on the first week bc I felt and looked so weird but it seems to be settling down. So I bought my Spanx off Amazon but you can get it from Nordstroms too. This is one I'm using: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003H6GG34/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Honestly I would HIGHLY recommend this. My only thing is that it was too sore pulling it off/on every time I had to pee so I use the pee hole (sorry, tmi!) but I just use paper around so I don't wet myself. I have 2 pairs which I switch out daily so they clean. Hope this helps!
You look hot mama!!!
Thank you!
Hey there - do you find that your belly button looks different? Mine still has the sterri strip on over the stitch but I'm stressing that it looks like a tummy tuck belly button all shriveled up! ack. I'm exactly one week out and slowly getting better. This is rough man!!
Belly button seems to be ok! Everywhere is so hard and bumpy and lumpy right now! It's driving me crazy! This is rough lol!
Ok cool well I hope mine ends up looking ok! I do like my new shape but that's with the spanx on! When I take it off I want to cry-ack!! It's nice to talk to someone else whose had this done recently! Does anyone in your life know you've had it done?
Just a few! How about you?