I Have my "Big" Eyes Back! -Schererville, IN

Over the years I had been noticing the bags under...

Over the years I had been noticing the bags under my eyes and skin growing over my eyelids. Both of these factors made one eye look larger than the other. My best feature in high school were my "big" eyes but as I aged my eyes started looking smaller and "tired". I had my surgery one month ago this week. I love the results! I have my "big" eyes back. My husband loves the results also. I am 62 but feel like I'm 18 again.

Thanks for sharing.  What was your healing process like?

The surgery took about two hours as an outpatient and there was approximately 2 hours in the recovery room. When I went home I religiously applied the ice packs and cream per instructions. The day after the surgery looked the worst because of all the bruising. As the days when on the bruising slowly disappeared. There was virtually no pain - my eyelids just felt "tight". After two weeks some concealer hid the little bit of bruising that was left. Also, I bruise easily and bruises tend to stay longer than on most people. I took pictures everyday of the healing process. When you weigh having bruising for a couple of weeks compared to a lifetime of having your youthful eyes back, having the surgery is definitely the right choice.

Eye Transformation

Here are some photos for you can compare the results.

You look great :-)....was you under general anesthesia ?
Thank you - I feel great. Yes I was under general anesthesia.
Hi Peggy, you look great!
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

I had upper & lower blepharoplasty one month ago and I am ecstatic with the results. Over the years I developed bags under my eyes and skin was growing over my eyelids. One eye actually starting looking larger than the other one. On a trip to Vegas a street vendor tried to sell me some eye cream to hide the bags. She put cream under one eye and you should have seen the look on my husband's face which was an affirmation that I needed to do something and expensive eye cream was not the answer. In high school my best feature was my big eyes. I now have those same eyes. My husband loves the results and says I look like I did in college. Pretty amazing when you consider I'm 62 years old. Gus Galante MD did my procedure and I would highly recommend him to anyone considering plastic surgery. I had selected Dr. Galante because 15 years ago I had liposuction on my thighs and was ecstatic with the results than also.