Very Happy - Schererville, IN

First off I want to say I was a little nervous...

First off I want to say I was a little nervous going into a Dr. Galante's office being a male for a surgical procedure. I had a cyst under my right breast, almost directly under the areola, that caused some pain and also made the area look 'puffy' or inflamed. This was a nuisance as I am a very active person, so running and working came with some discomfort. I also had to be particular about the shirts I wore, as you would be able to see that the right side of my chest would stick out further than the left, any shirt that was slightly more snug on me would point this out for anyone to notice. Because my procedure would be through the areola I decided to go to a plastic surgeon like Dr. Galante. When I entered the building the staff couldn't have been more polite. It seemed perfectly normal for me to be there and I was comfortable in the waiting room. When I met the Dr. he was very professional and showed general concern for my issue. He explained my situation in detail, let me know what would and would not be covered by insurance up front, and made me feel much more comfortable about the operation. Needless to say I had the operation and recovered in about 2 weeks. The doc said there would be slight scaring, and there was, but it is still ever so slight. I would have used scar cream but it's not noticeable enough for me to worry. I am very pleased with the service, operation, and the way the Dr. followed up on my well being. I would recommend him and his staff to anyone.
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Gustavo Galante

Glad you were able to get your lipoma removed. Sounds like it was not only a cosmetic issue but that it was causing you some discomfort. I understand that these can grow and begin to press on nerves. Sounds like you had a great experience with your doctor and your procedure. Are you back to your normal activities and fitted shirt? Thank you for sharing on RealSelf!