Not Happy with the Scarring - Schaumburg, 08

At first very happy with the results. Now that I...

At first very happy with the results. Now that I am almost 1 year into the recovery, the scars are getting thicker around my ears. My face does look better although the areas around my mouth are starting to show the marionette lines again, which was originally the reason for the lift.
Having to cover up the scars everyday is not something I had been expecting. I can no longer wear my hair back because the scars are so noticeable.
Wish I would have spend the extra few thousand dollars and went to a regular plastic surgeon. Now I have to spend more money to have the scars removed.

Lifestyle Lifts ARE performed by board certified plastic or facial-plastic surgeons. Collectively they do thousands of facelifts per year. Each surgeon is ultimately an individual with his or her own personal touch. I advise to just be open and honest with your surgeon, and they will do all they can to help you look and feel better. Remember, a facelift is "journey", not a quick fix. Sometime you need a touch up or two. Healing is different for everyone. Talk to your surgeon. Be patient, you'll get to where you want to be.
Scars are part of surgery. Scars are permanent, but can be made to look better. Scars are the trade off to being able to tighten your face. I'm sure you were told this. There are several treatments to improve scars, but sometimes the biology of the skin over rides those treatments, regardless of who the surgeon is. Don't be discouraged. Rather than posting your complaints, revisit your doctor and be honest with him or her. They will do what they can to help you look and feel better. You just needed more hand holding.
Thank you for putting in the Dr's name! More people should do that.
Dr. Kagan

I chose this procedure because of the responses I saw from other people and the before and after pictures. I asked the Dr. about the scaring and he said it would be the normal face life scarring. Not true. Some of my friends have had face lifts from plastic surgeons and there isn't any visible scarring.