Fraxel - Savoy, IL

I had Fraxel over three years ago. It was well...

I had Fraxel over three years ago. It was well worth it. I saw immediate tightening which made the circles under my eyes almost disappear. I had acne scars that improved greatly and fine lines around lips were completely gone. It took two treatments to get there , six weeks apart,maybe two months. However at 46, three years later it needs to be done again. When the skin starts sagging again,(that's aging) the scars start showing again. They do not just evaporate the way I thought they would. I have a permanent mark of demarcation under my chin but it doesn't bother me a bit. I would do it again in a heart beat. It's just expensive but for me it was worth it. That year about 6 months later after the fraxel ,I looked better than I had in a decade and people noticed. While they couldn't put there finger on what it was, I heard a lot of "Wow, you look amazing". This was done in a Doctor's office but not by a Doctor. It was a trained specialist who worked under him. I new my Doctor well and trusted him so I trusted his employee as well. To me, this was a great investment and if someone could afford to have it done once a year I'm sure a facelift would never be needed. Don't waste your money on 350.00 creams, just do this once a year or every other and it works! Please, know who you are going to and follow the pre-laser directions, they are important. Don't go in the sun without protection! One more thing, with this treatment you will see improvement over time for about 18 months , then the collagen effects start wear off. So plan on it being a every two year process to keep up the results. Also, this can make your skin more prone to broken capilaries if you are prone to them, so keep that in mind.

It's wonderful to hear the great results you saw from Fraxel. I didn't know it could make a person more prone to broken capillaries, so thanks for sharing that.

How long was your healing process after the treatment?

Doctor's Trained Specialist- Not Doctor

I went to a Doctor I already had established a trusting relationship with. Do your homework!