OK so I've been stalking this site for months now...

OK so I've been stalking this site for months now and finally decided to share me story. By the way, coming here is like my new addiction..Pinterest who? Candy Crush ain't got nothing on this site! So I'm 37, 5'7 190lbs. I'm married and have 2 kids, ages 8 & 12. I feel like I'm writing a profile for harmony or something. Lol
I will post more when I take some photos because I know that's why I come on here.

2 1/2 months away...

I cant believe its lets than 3 months away. I am quite emotional though. My best friend, who struggles with her weight constantly, makes me feel like im taking the easy way out. In some ways i am but in others im not. No matter how much weight i lose i still have my momma's pouch. It gets in the way of everything! And dh said "well i hope you dont put the weight back on". Im not doing it for weightloss. Im doing it to get a shape back. Look at my profile pic. That was me 20 yrs ago. I dont want to be that skinny again. I like being voluptuous. I wish i didnt say anything to anyone.

Welcome to the tummy tuckers:)

You are not taking the easy way out, that skin will not go away on it's own.  Sometimes we need a little help.  So move forward and be proud.  Looking forward to reading all about your journey.

So here's the damage

So you can get an idea of what im working with. When i was 19 had a breast reduction and lipo in my lower abdomen. I def needed the reduction but prob didnt need the lipo. The lipo ended up being a terrible decision. A lump formed above my belly button. I got it done by the Army so it was a lot harder to get seen. The ps told me to give it a year and the swelling would go down. Almost 20 yrs later the lump is still there. Even when i was 9 mo pg u could see the lump in my belly. It sits right above my pants waistline and makes me look like i have a muffin top. I have pull my pants up over to try to conceal in. I will be so glad to get rid of this thing!!
Good luck!!
Thank you! ^^

Flight and Hotel Booked!!!

Its feeling more real! Im so excited!
Thank u!

Found a massage therapist!

I found one close to where im going to be staying in Savannah. He said he was familiar w doing these types of massages after lipo. He had a package 4 massages for an hr for $300. Is that a good price?

The costs are adding up!

Massages, supplies, recovery vitamins, clothes, food, hotel, airfare.... Ill prob end up paying about $15k when its all said a done.... Sigh... The price if beauty.... My husband thinks he should get a motorcycle now for his midlife crisis lol

Pics

So im going to use this dress as my before shot so when i get my surgery i hope there will be a drastic change
I live your"writing ads for "Harmony!!-" too funny sweetie -It looks like ( if I can add and subtract ) that you surgery date is mid-Sept-right? I have mine at the end of October--so I will follow your journey --something tells me we will need a good sense if humor!!!
Yes my surgery is scheduled for sept 24th. Im officially 8 weeks away! I will stay tuned for ur journey too!
Trick: find a physical therapist (in your insurance network) who does lymphatic massages. Get your primary doctor to write a referral or letter of medical necessity for PT and you will only have your co-pay for massages.

8 weeks and a wake up!

Im officially 8 weeks away! I have 4 more weeks until i can get my clearance and blood work done. Im nervous. I dont know why. I see a lot of women having issues w their iron levels. Ive never had issues w my iron other than one time i went to give blood. But i went back and was fine. I got 2 boppy pillows from online for $20. One for work and one for home. I went shopping to get some sundresses too for post op wear. Just counting down my days!

So i went to see family

This weekend i went to my niece's baby shower. Last year at my other niece's wedding her dad hugs me and says "congratulations! A baby is a blessing!" My whole spirit dropped cuz i WAS NOT pregnant. And recently a guy at work asked me if i was pg :/ Why do guys put their foot in their mouth? I want this surgery now more than ever!
I was totally addicted too. I still enjoy checking on all my flat friends, not like this is something we can talk about just everywhere. Keep us posted.
Think our tt's are the same week!mines Sept 20. Keep us posted. And you not lying about the cost racking up quickly! Sheesh!
Yea, I love your story, I am 2 days after you...its so close now. I will watch your journey closely. Good luck love :)

My own wish puc

So i went and tried on bikinis the other day. This was supposed to be for my after. I dont have the self esteem to wear one now.
I know. I kinda want to keep it a secret and see if anyone will notice my after
Good planning!!

Pre pre op bloodwork

Yes u read it right... Im about 6 wks out from sx now. It feels so unreal. So much is going on in my life. I got a new job and it felt awkward to let them know that next month i need 2 wks off for surgery. Im at the same company just a different area. My new supervisor was extremely ok with it. She even said i could work from home if im not 100%.
So this morning im going for pre pre op bloodwork for a sanity check. I dont want to find out 2 wks from surgery that my #s are wacky. Wish me luck!
Only told my hubby and one close friend. At work they thought I had gyn surgery( mostly men, so they never asked). Your wish pic should be doable, I am still curvy, but with a waist line and flat.
Im trying to use restraint and not buy so much stuff! I know im going to want to go clothes shopping for my new body!

Feeling more at ease

Even though my results havent come back yet i feel better after speaking to my dr. I was recently diagnosed w diabetes a year ago so i was concerned about that. She says i have it under control and i shouldnt have any problems. Cant do the happy dance yet until my results come back.

More wish pics

Gave blood today

So i gave blood today and they checked my hemoglobin levels and i was 15.3! So i think all that kale ive been eating is helping! I hope its thw same come surgery time. Lets hope my glucose levels are still stable. I should be getting those results soon from my dr

6 weeks to go!

I am 6 wks away and praying for eveything to go okay. I always have that eerie feelings things will go wrong. I guess its better to be cautious. I did get my pre pre lab work reaults back and my blood sugar levels were relatively high. That concerns me. I got back for another f/u dr appt this thursday. Wish me luck.
Happy to find another Sept. TT!! Mine is Sept.16th. I dont know if I would be going through with this surgery if it wasnt for this site and all the support it gives. I'm addicted too! My candy crush game has suffered tremendously. lol If you haven't already join in the Sept. TT forum. its a little easier to keep in touch.
Thanks for the heads yo about TT Sept forum --I never knew they had monthly forums. One time, totally by accident I came across a CALENDAR that lists everyone's sx dates on it..it was interesting to see. I have to look on the site again for it..and the "monthly sx forums too!"

Almost 4 wks away!

Well i had my f/u appt and was concerned if i should postpone my surgery. My main concern is my health. I called my ps office and spoke to the nurse and told her about my results. She said as long as my diabetes is under control and my pcp writes me a detailed note regarding monitoring my bg and send me with insulin i should be fine for surgery. All of my other labs came back ok. My dr said she would do it and doesnt see the need for me to postpone my surgery. It still doesnt feel real to me!

Vitamedica ordered

So i placed my order for vitamedica preop and postop recovery pack. It costed me $92.99 from Amazon. I also ordered some silicone scar sheets for postop. Just doing the waiting game.
Can't wait for your results i hope everything goes well!
I have heard the Vitamedica is really good for a good recovery! Good planning!
The other pics from your plastic surgeon are pretty awesome, I'm sure you will get amazing results!

Less than 2 wks away!!

Im so excited, nervous, anxious, elated... All of that! I cant believe its almost here! I have my preop next friday in GA. So i will be flying down next Thursday. I know i will go thru the gammet of emotions. I hope he prescribes me a xanax or something lol!

So since im also getting a bbl too

Here are some wish pics. Im not trying to go Nikki Minaj ir Coco big. Just fill me out a little
I think you are going to come out great! Good luck
Getting close to your big day :)

Officially 2 weeks!

Its so surreal. Everytime i think about it i get butterfies in my stomach. I cant believe the time is here. I sat down and talked w my kids and let them know whats going on. I wanted to let them know so they can be prepared to see mommy at her worst. I hardly get sick and when i am im rushed to get better so i can take care of the household.
I wish i could fast forward 6 months already!
Yes 1 week!

Flying out tonight!

My preop is tomorrow morning. Flying out to GA tonight. I had nerves all day long! My surgery isnt until tuesday though. This weekend will be the longest weekend ever!!
How exciting, you are 2 days before me. I think your result will be great. I will be following your journey. Good luck love!
You will look just like your photoshopped wish pic-you are right-just having a "waist" makes all the difference!!! Good luck Sweetie!!!

Preop went great!

The preop appt was quite long. I had to fill out so much paper work. I brought a friend along with me. I feel this site made me so much more prepared. The nurse took my before pics and let me say im appalled at how terrible i look. When i get the courage i will post them. Dr.huntly came in and his bedside manner is awesome. He has the cutest scottish accent. He was very thorough with me and i didnt feel rushed at all. He made me feel like im going to look like a million bucks! 3 days away and hopefully i will. The nurse gave me all my preop instructions and prescriptions for meds. I need to go get those filled today.
So let me tell u about my faja experience.
Thank you ladies! Its so surreal! I picked up all my meds... And it only costed $43 w/ insurance. Muscle relaxer, percocet, tylenol w codeine, acid reflux, xanax, zantac and insulin. Yikes! Im so excited yet so overwhelmed with it all! One more day and a wakeup!
Good luck

2 days preop..

Testing out this faja (compression garment). Wore it all day. It was so tight it took my breath away. I dont know how i am going to get in this thing after surgery
All the best

Less than 24 hrs away!

Im so nervous and emotional today. I talked to my family on skype this morning and it made my day. I feel restless like this will be the longest 24 hrs ever!!! Im just washing clothes and trying to organiZe things. My friend who is taking care of me is arriving today so hopefully she can calm my nerves!!!

Meds

1 day preop

omg! I'm freaking out for you :-) good luck and can't wait to see you look like your profile pic again!
You're almost there. Good luck!

A must read!

This is awesome and helpful info!
praying for a great surgery and recovery for you, cant wait to see your pics, your surgeon does look like he does amazing work, you wont fel great for a few days but update as soon as possible................you can do this !
Good luck! I can't wait to see your after pics!!
I'm a nervous wreck too, as my sx is also tomorrow!! Yay us.. lol I worked today purposely to take my mind off of the surgery though. Its been working pretty well. Good luck tomorrow I wish you well.

1 hour!!

Whoa!!!!
Good luck today!
How exciting! Sending prayers your way for a speedy recovery!
Good luck to u too sweetie! We'll hang out and keep each other company in our medically induced sleep :)

Im home

Im on meds so this might not ve coherent. Im in a lot pf pain.its burning where the tt incision is. I alsi got the bbl and i feel like i just did 1000 sqyats. The wirse part is waljing to go pee. Ironically its comfy on the toulet. I still feel loopy frome anestesia. My friend is taking good care of me. And another friend is coming over to help. I think im morw unconfortable thN pain. I havent looked at my body yet but my butt feels tight and i can see straighr down. Im propped up sittin in the couch w pillows. The hotel staff has been great getting us extra stuff.ok i go nite nite

Propped up

Drains, pillows and meds oh my!
Thank God! I'm so happy you're home and resting...... photo looks good! can't wait to hear more about it.
Congrats! Happy healing.
whoo hoo, best wishes on your recovery and your results !

Swell hell

Its for real!! My feet are super swollen. My lower tummy feels really swollen too. I have my follow up appr today. Im walking much better. My blood sugar is still high but it slowly going down. I havent had much of an appetite but ive eaten some soup and jello
Looking good girl
Are you keeping them elevated? You should be drinking lots of water. You're going to do well at your visit today.
They are. Its mainly my left foot. I started taking the arnica so hopefully that will help w the swelling

Baby got back!

My flat tummy

This pic doesnt do it justice. My belly button looks amazing too! He said im doing great. I feel much better too!
I either have bad gas or pms :( my pd was due monday so maybe pms. I hope not cuz i cant deal w that right now. But i feel super bloated and its uncomfortable
congrats you look great.
Looking FAB!

More pics of this awesome swelling!

I had my first shower

Feels so great! I meant to bring something to put around my neck to hold my drains but i forgot. So another idea was ti use a hand towel and pin the drains to that. I feel so much better! It was a great opportunity to take a pic!

Yay i finally pooped!!

My tea wasnt working so i asked my friend to get some liquid magnesium citrate. She couldnt find any and brought home these pills. An hour later BOOM!! I feel so much better!
Temporary hell. Take a deep breath. Be grateful u aren't overweight, much more difficult recovery. U look lovely!

More pics

Its so hard to imagine how i will

Look 6 months down the road. Everyday gets better. Last night i had rough sleep and was so uncomfortable. I woke up super sore all over. I have another f/u tomorrow and im hoping i can get these drains removed. 2 have slowed down but one gets full 25-30ml. I fly out to go back home next friday and i do not want to travel with drains in me.
you have come a long way baby! good for you !
Awesome looking!!!! Woohoo!!!!!
Thanl you RS sisters!

No more drains!!

Yay i am drain free!!! I feel like a new woman! No more robocoochie! Lol
Lookin great
Your looking great! Good decision best thing I've done for myself in my adult life beside marrying" my Wizard " and having myn2 daughters. I'm an old broad 60 years ....but who's counting.... I'm 2 weeks post-op today...I am totally thrilled with my choice to come to the FLAT SIDE ....WELCOME your gonna love it here. :-) (((Hugs))) LiveLoveBelieve
getting rid of those drains are awesome, unfortunately for me that seems like when I started to swell, but so much easier without those drains, plus you know your on the downhill slide once you get those drains out, best of luck to you !

Forgot to mention

I have possibly have necrosis in my tt incision :( i have a f/u appt to have it checked. Dr. Huntly seemed very concerned it wasnt healing properly and wanted to check it out and said if it doesnt look better tomorrow he will cut it out and reattach healthier skin. Pray for me!!
Praying for you.
Prayers!!!!

It was necrosis :(

Went for my f/u today and he decided it needed to go. I love his nurse Maria she made sure i got it done today! It was done under local numbing. We went to the OR to get it done. It felt weird to be awake but i didnt really hurt. Lots of pulling and tugging. Thank goodsness i had my percocet on hand. I tried to meditate to distract me. After it was done i actually felt better than usual. It was most likely due to my numb belly and the meds. Nevertheless, one hurdle overcame! Im so ready to feel normal again!!

More pics

I wish

I wish i Wouldve brought one of those things w fingers that can pick up things. Ive learned how to use my feet to pick up stuff but its not practical for everything. Lol
well your doc is on top of things and that is very important, things like this happen, it is how they take care of it that matters, hope all turns out well for you, keep us updated
Thank God he was very reactive to the necrosis and removed it immediately. We want no holes in our belly. That's my biggest fear as I see it happen so much on here. I'm going to ask my dr. ALL the ways to try and avoid it. What did your doc say was the cause?
He said the place where it was was the furthest from the blood supply and probably wasnt able to get the blood it needed to survive while the drains were in. Also im diabetic and i have a higher risk of slower healing and infection. I have 2 more f/u appts before i fly home. I am glad i stayed so long. I just hope i dont have any more complications after this. Its so important we are as healthy and fit before these surgeries. This is a major surgery and our bodies are undergoing an extreme amount if trauma. We should not take these cosmetic procedures lightly. Ok, of mt mom mode... Lol. Thank you for all the prayers and support ladies!

Back home

Finally back home to my family. I swear i made a great decision to recover away from home for 2 wks. I think if i was home i wouldnt have the selfish behavior to focus solely on me.
So ladies, if flying after your surgery request wheelchair assistance. Im so glad i did! Got thru security faster but i did have a private search cuz my binder showed up in the scan. Got preboarded too. The flight was uneasy. Even though i bought my boppy pillow to sit on I could not get comfortable. The plane was small so it wasnt convenient to stand or walk the aisle. Thank goodness the flight was only an hour and a half. The wheelchair was waiting for me when we landed and the old marine i sat next to during my flight assisted me down the stairs.
Got wheeled to baggage claim and my family greeted me. Left the wheelchair. I shouldve had them wheel me to the car. That was the longest walk ever. My lower back was killing me. I underestimated my stamina. So get the wheelchair and keep it until you get in your car. Remember you just had surgery and this is not the time to act like Superwoman. My husband didnt understand how much i was going to be immobile. So listen to your body and dont over do it!
Looking great. What is the app called to edit before pictures called
I use PICSART
Glad you made it home safely. How is the incision after traveling?

12 days po

glad you are back home and Im not so sure that wasn't a bad idea recooperating for a while away from home as us women always feel like we need to do things when we are home and take care of others, your results look great, best wishes to you
You look so wonderful! I had my tt and lipo on sept 19 so we are about in same stages. I love your bikini before...photoshopped...and now! Genius! You can really see! Congrats!

Lumps in my stomach

So i have these little lumps in random spots on my stomach and back. Dr Huntly said it was normal and can go away over time or with light massage. Ive called several massage places in my area (didnt use the one i found in savannah) and either they dont do lymphatic drainage massages or they say i have to wait 4 wks with a doctor's note. :( wth!

Cabin fever

So what to do while you're recovering? Im so bored. Im walking around a little but my house isnt that big. Its pouring down raining out here too. Im scared to do too much and rip a stitch. I did notice a little blood on my steri strips today. I checked and the stitches are still intact. Just some blood. I hope its okay.
I am recovering around the house too. I have a tiny bit of blood along incision line. Nothing pus...no yellow..nothing hot feeling. Just seems like scab breaking a bit when I get up and down to pee endless times a day. Hope it is ok. I go to dr for checkup Wednesday this week. As far as boredom...I have started online Xmas shopping...love Pinterest and HGTV. I really miss not being able to really snuggle in and SLEEP...as normally I love sleeping...now w scar, it is trickier to get comfy and not wake up when I roll over. I do think we are through the worst! We just need to hang in there. Best wishes!
I feel better and not sure if its a false feeling. Last night i slept in the bed for the first time. I made a pillow fort around me to protect me from my husband. He did turn and hit me in my stomach. I cursed him so bad and called him all kinds of mfers! Lol. I need company to keep me entertain. I havent taken any percocet at all today so im wide awake all day. O_o

Yuckies all around!

Running a low grade temp of 100.3. A part of my incision is bleeding a little-although i look like ive been shot. Its not that bad but enough for me to raise an eyebrow. Contacted Dr Huntly and he prescribed me an antiobotic and told me to clean the area w peroxide and leave that area open. This sucks so bad!! The blood isnt bright red blood. It looks more like an orangy red brownish color. Oh yea i have a yeast infection and my period started! Please God, watch over me! The things we do for beauty. This is where the "why did i do this to my body?!" Kicks in :/
Thanks ladies! Its so great to talk about this stuff with those who feel my pain. My doctor has been awesome thru all of this. He's so compassionate and on top of things. Just hanging out w my pooch on the couch. This blows.
hang in there! I hope things get better for you soon!!
Agreed to Kathy is ready comment just below! This was a major surgery and you are going thru the healing process and each and every time your doc is there for you! So have faith you will come out on the other side of this more fabulous. Don't feel regret and move forward, keep taking care of you! You look great by the way. What a fantastic transformation. My skin is peeling too. Ahh healing process. Good thing we didn't know what we were in for despite the research going in. I don't regret it but you totally underestimate that you are gonna be alll fugged up for a good while. I just keep thinking SUMMER of '14!!!

15 days po pic

Still swollen in my lower abdomen area. But its still going down little by little each day.
I know  I underestimated how long it would affect me and how long I would be sore etc and just the feeling like crap at times, but no regrets here ! best of luck to you also !
I feel you. Its so hard to see the end of the tunnel when the road to get there is such a bumpy ride. Le'sigh!

Trip to the ER :(

Last night i felt this burning on my right side incision. I check and the steri strip was saturated. I dun sprung anotha leak! This time the oozing was not blood but a weird brownish yellow color. This cant be good. Decided to go to the ER for peace of mind. I looked like a crazy woman wearing a sundress, robe, hoodie and sandals. Oh yea i was rolling up in there looking super sexy!
So i get seen and the PA takes cultures. She said sincd my dr proactively put me on antibiotics they are going to test the fluids oozing from my incision to determine if thats sufficient or if i need an iv drip. Ive been calling plastic surgeons all morning but i cant get an appt any time this week. Ive been crying all morning. So many thoughts racing thru my mind. Why did i do this to my family, my finances, my body.?!!! Whhoooosssaaah! My husband is there but he isnt really. I just want a hug and for him to say i will be fine.
you may want to change those stars on after care follow up as if you had to go to ER your PS should have seen you immediately today as that is what they get paid for, okay that being said don't get yourself down, you are in emotional state right now and physically and mentally you are down a notch, I really would be upset also if my doc didn't see me immediately, but get rest and I know this sounds corny but try to drink lots of water, don't mess with your incision, leave it alone.  You didn't do anything wrong to your family or your body or finances, you did something positive for yourself, this is just a small set back and my guess is you will be good to go in no time.  Husbands don't get it and I could see my husband now scolding me or something for not doing something right or just having the surgery with the risks, but you did this to have a better life, be able to do more things and end result if you are like me I am much healthier now as I can exercise, see results, I watch what I eat more and all around am happier and this makes hubby happier, sending you a bunch of hugs and it will be allright, keep your had up, you didn't do anything wrong, you will get thru this.  HUGS HUGS HUGS, I know Im just words on a keyboard but I do mean it and hope you feel better, keep us updated ! Kathy .
Thanks Kathy! My doctor is in GA and im in VA. I know if i was there he wouldve seen me right away. He has been in contact consistently throughout the day. Trust me, if i was there and he didnt see me i would feel some kind of way. I have an appt with a local ps on Tuesday. These emotions are driving me crazy. Thanks for ur kind words and advice. I really do appreciate the support!!!
I think you were super proactive to go to er. SMART! Hard to have ps in one place and you in another but that was the plan to heal away from home so I get that too. I am just another person on a keyboard that cares! Good luck!

Pics of the guilty suspects

Im sure some of you may be curious as to what my scar is looking like.....DISCLAIMER- its gross
So sorry about the bumps in you healing road. I k ow it is hard to see the light at the ends when you're walking the road- but They will heal- just takes time. Are you still on a binder? Your tummy is nice and flat and you are going to to love, Love, love your results, girl!!! Keep your eyes on the prize :) (((((hugs))))
Im so sorry, I hope you feel better fast. Keep us posted :)
So sorry this is happening. I hope the other PS can give you peace of mind.

Siyonara bakery!!

Back fat rolls have diminished tremendously. With all the drama with my tummy taking all spotlight i havent even paid any attention to my back. Looks so much better. Its still a little sore and swollen.
Hope you are doing better , but you do look good.
the body is amazing the way it will heal itself, I was thinking the surgeon would have known about you being diabetic, I guess it is just one of those things that you might heal slower, but you were able to have it done so that was a good thing and sounds like you are keeping a close eye on things and so is doc, again best wishes on a great recovery and keep us updated.......and your back does look good !

Minor bump in the road

So im the type of person who wont rest or have peace of mind until i have researched whats going on with my body when its gone haywire. I have been researching and researching what could be going on w my incision. I found these 2 really good articles that gave me good info and put my my mind at ease.

So now i feel a little better because a few months ago i had this same issue but it was in the crack of my ass. It was the most miserable week of my life. I am by no means an MD but i have found many homeopathic remedies to help with ailments. For the record peroxide, castor oil and tea tree oil are like liquid miracle aide alls!

So im posting this in case anyone else is having this problem. It put my mind at ease to know what my ps has done (put me on antibiotics), the ER (tested cultures) and me (cleaning and changing dressing) is absolutely the right path and in due time this will be a distant memory!

Pic... Swelling po 1wk vs 2 1/2wk

Looking good hope all is healing a bit better!!!

Woke up feeling normal

Today i woke up and got up from my bed on the couch and felt strangely normal. I felt like i had a little pep in my step. The midsection stiffness wasnt there. It felt tight but i didnt feel like i had been beaten up with a baseball bat and then forced to do an Insanity workout like i normally do. Is my body settling? I cant believe ill be 3 wks po next wk.

when did yall tactical stairs? Ive been camped out downstairs on my couch since ive been back home and only take the stairs to take a shower. I hope im not causing any damage.

19 days po pic

I always loved pics. But i would always pick the best ones out to post on fb or ig. I hate when others took pics and didnt weed out those ones that made look fat. Yesterday i took a pic randomly and my eyes immediately went to my stomach area and i looked normal. It was such a victory for me.
that is a victory for sure and I was the same way, whoo hoo, enjoy that new belly and hope you are feeling better !
You look great love! Hope your doing better
I feel better. I think once i came to terms and stopped freaking out i got calm. Thanks for the compliment!!

Had another surgery....

So i went to see the local ps and he said he had to open me up and see whats going on. Fortunately he had OR priveledges at a hospital across the street.
He cut me open and said what was draining was liquified fat. No serious infection. They call it abdomen debridment. He cleaned me up inside. Packed me with gauze and left it open. He said this is the best way to heal now and it will be better for me. I have to get a suction VAC wound dressing to go over it and he said that will heal it quicker too. Im glad its not that bad but to me its devastating.
Although my ps was great and i would highly recommend him i wish i didnt go out of state for my surgery. Now i had to come out of pocket $1000 for this new ps! Fortunately he was in my insurance network and i only paid the co-pay for the office visit.
Please tell me it will get better... I know others have had worse situations and i dont think this is the end of the world but its such a major setback! (((Boohoo)))
Goodness. Praying for you dearly. So sorry you're going through this. Keep your spirits up.
It will get better trust me . I had to have two surgery myself and I took it easy after that ,took all the help I could get so I would have a good recovery. Once you are done healing you will forget about the pain and only look at your flat tummy :).
You will be ok. The wound will close and you will be monitored more closely. My mom had a little pack vac to carry around with her too. And she is much better now. Sorry to hear your going through so much with surgery and healing. Wishing you happy healing.

Traumatized

I just saw my open abdomen! O_o holy crap batman! I dont ever ever ever ever want to see that again. The wound is looking good according to the ps. The new ps and my old ps are talking and they feel hopeful about my recovery. Tomorrow i get the vac dressing. I hope this is the beginning of the road to recovery...i had the nurse take a pic of it... Anyone want to see it?
Praying for you. This to shall pass.
I am praying for a speedy recovery for you. It is great to hear you have a local PS working with your PS and they have a plan. Sometimes these wounds can be stubborn but it will heal.
Oh my.....I would imagine posting the picture would let anyone who has yet to have the surgery (like myself) know what can possibly happen.

Beware... Graphic image!

So this is what i have to deal with. Its currently packed with gauze and covered with a dressing. Its easier for me to see a pic but when ur looking at it live its really scary and overwhelming.
Oh my! Im praying for you! I sure hope you feel better soon!
Bless your heart. . Praying for a quick and painless recovery
Thinking of you. Hope you start healing now and the worst is behind you.

So i dont completely traumatize ya!

Im not walking around with an open wound. It is covered up. And this is the first time i saw it.
Wow that can be scary. Glad you were seen by another PS and he is talking with the one that did the surgery. Good luck.
Good luck with your wound vac. I've seen some women on here use one and they healed pretty quickly.

Got the wound vac in

Was a little uneasy but didnt hurt. Some skin that is healthy im the corner burns a little but thats all. I have this long tube hanging out attached to a pack constantly sucking. I am praying this is my light at the end of the tunnel. Ill post a puc tomorrow. Thank you ladies for your prayers and support!!
Goodness, I'm crying for you. But I'm so glad you found a local doctor. We're all praying for you, quick healing and lifted spirits.
Oh wow... now I see where they're putting the vac, I must have missed that pic last time I viewed your review. Glad you found mine. It sucks for others to be going through this but its also a comfort to not feel so alone. Let me know if I can answer any questions you might have.
very scarey but so glad you got to a doc and they are taking care of you, any idea what caused this? am praying for you to have a full recovery, you are one tough girl, I would be screaming and yelling, but no sense in that it wont help, just glad you are getting care that you need, please keep us updated.

Wound vac

Is your wound vac from KCI? What setting is yours on? Mine was at 125 but they bumped it up to 150 but told me not to go crazy and put it at 200 so I put it at 175 the other night. lol Just an FYI, but I still had some stuff debrided after I had the wound vac. My holes didn't get any bigger but we were seeing some black stuff pop up here & there. The vac will debride it but its faster to cut it out.
I only mention this because I would have like to have known that debriding was an ongoing thing and not just a one time shot. But my debriding was also only ever done in the doctors office, usually without any numbing.
Mines is a Devon. Its set at 120 now. I dont even know what that means. Does it mean thw higher it is the faster it sucks? Thats good to know theres a possibility of debridement again. I hate surprises. How long does urs take to fill up? And is it a pain to carry around?

Hope for my bbl?

Ok realself ur drunk

All of my pics are off centered and you cant see all of them when enlarged :(

So itchy!

All my lipo holes and the ends of incision are so itchy! Any suggestions to help relieve this madness?
I hope ur healing good and nice butt lol I going thought the same my scar opened up :(
Onward! Thank goodness you have someone proactive! Hang in there! That booty is awesome girl!
Thank-you for the warning as I did brace myself. You are one brave cookie! Honestly though once you are healed I think you will have great results.

wound vac off temporarily

So I have to do the wet dressing changes. Dr said I have some surface bacteria that is causing an odor. I have to shower twice a day and change my dressings. The dressings are dampened with saline. Let me tell u that's hard to find too. And expensive. Insurance didn't cover it, I have to mentally psyche myself to do these dressing changes. I think I will have a big glass of wine before I do it. He told me to take the shower head and clean all up in there with water and antibacterial soap. Let sigh. Looking forward to the shower but not at the dressing change. Whooosah! Whoosah! How was able to change stinky pampers but getting squeemish about this? Dh will be useless in this process and I don't want to scar my kids for life to help me. Fuuuuuuuuuuuudge!
I'm sorry you have to go through this. Continue to be strong, I will keep you in my prayers.
Wow you got a story to tell. U are a trooper and I'm sure in the end it will all heal nicely. Your backside is rockin so far :)))!! Glad ur keeping it real on this blog... prayers for a speedy healing!!!!
gonna say a prayer for you that you get thru this, I had an open would on my leg from surgery and they left it open on purpose and I had to do the "wet to dry" dressings and it was much smaller and I have to say I didn't like it, so just a prayer for you to get thru this all and again best of luck

Survived first dressing change.... Barely

This was the most stressful shower ever! Before i got in i prepped all my supplies for afterwards. Now its time to take the gauze out. F#^%! is this the longest gauze ever or what?! Blood started squirting out. geez! Got in the shower and water felt so good on skin. It was screaming like "whats that?". I banged my elbow and screamed bloody murder. Just got shook for no reason. Got my body cleaned and now time to clean the wound.... Deep breath in, deep breath out. Now come the tears. I cant do this, i cant do this! Now i had to give myself a pep talk. U better do this! U have to do this... Just stop being a punk and Do It!! It wasnt as bad. Its still pretty numb inside so i didnt feel much. It felt weird to touch. Got out and looked in the mirror. Itd bright pink and red so im guessing thats good i think. Now its time to repack thing. Wheres my wine? Big gulp! Poured the saline and started to pack it. Its really hard to do this standing up but i needed a mirror to see what i was doing. How the heck was i a soldier!??? Anyway, i stand corrected this is the longest gauze ever!! It was really hard to shove this up there... Not physically just mentally. Got it all in. The placed a layer of dry gauze and then put 2 maxi pads over that. Its done.... Took another gulp of wine....
That's really tough! Theres no way I could do this by myself, I can't even see inside my holes. Your hubby needs to step up and help out! ;)
You did so good! Yes the red pink skin is good. My DH would not have been good with that either. Best wishes for you a speedy recovery. Google making saline.
Yes you are brave..as I read your post I start to cry because I have a infection and am told to if the dressing ges wet to change it. Well I did that last night and I tell you I had to stop for a min...felt like I was going to throw up...I have had so many surgeries in my past and never ever once had problems.. so now I start yet another day in agony.ugh!! You can do this!!! Look what you have achieved already:)

More graphic images

Just wanted to update w pics so u ladies can see the "progress". The open wound looks like a perfect pair of lips. Took another shower this morning sans wine. I only shed one tear when the gauze got stuck. I have a dr appt again today. I dont know if they will put the wound vac back on me. Brace ur selves for these images
Praying for divine and swift healing for you!!!!
My heart hurts for you sweet girl. So sorry :( Praying for a quick healing.

Fml...

Well back from the ps... Cultures came back and i not only have 1 infection but i have 3. The only one i could remember was MRSA. I tried very hard to hold back the tears. I also had a small seroma that he popped. It felt like my water broke. He cut away some hardened fat and cleaned me up. Despite the upsetting news of the infections he said the wound looks really good and clean. He told me im doing everything right and with diabetes its just harder to heal. He said im doing really good though. Le'sigh
You are doing good! It's not easy! This too shall pass. It will heal. Just takes time!
Thank you for posting the pictures. I am sure you are helping countless others that are reading your posts. Comparing the picture from the 16th it does look as if the incision is improving. I am keeping you in my prayers. Thanks again for sharing.
Oh..sorry to hear you go through this. Did the doc say why your wound got infected in the first place...my wishes and prayers for you...seems like you are in great hands. Did you also ask for the doc opinions on this site? Xoxo. Stay strong! You will get better soon!

Each day getting easier

Mentally i feel a little better. Cleaning this is getting a little easier. Im still naseous afterwards. But the technique is getting easier. I dont wish to do this long term though. I cant take seeing my insides or that smell. Whats that smell? Its its not foul or rancid just a smell. Maybe thats what inside flesh smells like. I go to the ps today and hopefully i can get the wound vac put back on. Although a certain part of me will miss taking a shower i will feel better w the wound vac on. Thank you for ur prayers :) i really need them!
No wound vac... Smell is still slighty there. They want to make sure its completely gone before they put the wound vac. The nurse told me clean it out with a vinegar douche. If it helps the smell in the vajayjay why not! Wish me luck. I go back on tuesday. But once again she said its looking really good inside
You're close in my thoughts and prayer. Hoping you're healing and recover comes speedily. With the smell- dab a little alcohol or Vicks on the inner corner of your nose- it'll help. It's Coming from the infection. :( keep your head up and don't let anything steal your smile. It'll get better. (((((Hugs)))))
I'm able to shower on the days that we do a wound vac change out, so either mon, wed, fri or every other day. Depending on what hubby & I decide. Its a lot better than the 52 without a shower that I went through before my PS let me shower!

I can wear stripes again

I used to hear if you are overweight you shouldnt wear stripes. I love love love stripes especially in shirts and socks. I wore this sweater at my kids bday party and when i saw the pics i looked like Shamu and vowed to not wear it again. Well i did today!! And i didnt feel like Shamu or look like it
My ps had me switch to saline with vinegar when I was doing wet to dry dressings. I guess the vinegar is also supposed to be an antibacterial. But then I smelled like I was dying easter eggs. Lol
Lol!
Cali- so how do u do that? Do you have a nurse come in to change the dressing?

More before and after pics

So ive finally built up the courage to show the pics the ps took preop. I was horrified! But after seeing the afters i see so much improvement! And i think that smell is gone from the wound so ill hopefully be back on the wound vac next week!

Grrrrrr the cropping of the pics is driving me crazy!!

Boo!
I love your collage pics! What a difference! You look GREAT! Glad to hear the smell is gone! That had to be rough!
Prayers that it closes up quickly and all infections are gone!!! You are a trooper... I'm sure your end results will be great!!
Your post TT results are going to be falblous! Good luck and healing prayers!

Wound is getting smaller

I have been doing the wet/dry dressings for about a week now and the wound is closing a lot. I feel the nerves fusing and im starting to feel pain around the edges. Thats a good thing even though its uncomfortable for me.

Pics again

Im sure all the blessings, prayers and positive vibes from yall have helped me keep my head up and sanity and helped me get thru this. ((((Big group hug)))
Wow! You are really doing good! That totally makes my day ! Thanks for the share :) ((((((hugs))))))
Yes! Looking much smaller. Only a diva's wound is shaped like perfect lips :-)

Full body shot

Ok i was feeling good today and liked what i saw in the mirror. Anyone else become a camera addict?
Camera addict? That would be me!!! I'm in love with my new body and take progress photos every week! Your shape looks great. I'd kill to have a butt like yours!
Your butt is looking good and I hope you are doing better I will say a prayer for you on your healing
Yay! Yay! It's looking so much better in such a short amount of time.

Vac on/vac off/vac on.....

So finally got the wound vac back on. I am glad cuz i was getting tired of changing that gauze. And then i had to shove so much stuff in my panties to absorb the wetness. It was awkward. But now i have a new kind if awkwardness w the wound vac. My wound is def getting smaller, primarily the depth of it. I wonder how long this will take until its completely closed. I also purchased a new cg. Its like a vesr. So much better than the velcro binder and more comfortable. Anyway, doing much better walking and getting around. I cant wait to be 100% or at least 90% again. Im back to sleeping on the couch cuz its the most comfortable for me but i miss my bed and miss sleeping w my hubby.
I've gotta tell ya - your experience sucks but your attitude is simply awesome.
Glad you are healing more n more each day! I am in bed now but can't say I am sleeping any getter than before .... Laying flSt feels weird n scares me lol!!! Prayers still for ya girl!!!!
My sister videotaped them putting the wound vac on. I looked like I was being stuffed like a turkey. Lol This new PS is a Godsend. He and his staff have been awesome. His nurse is great and checks on me on the weekends. My old PS still follows up too. He texts me all the time to ask about my progress. I feel happy and I haven't felt that in a long time!

Just wanted to share-a little motivation for ya!

A positive mental attitude does help! I really tried to stay away from negative people while ive been recovering. I lost a friend, cussed some ppl out cuz they were just bringing my energy down. But my true friends will uplift me and have tried to keep a positive attitude when they dealt w me cuz im not having it any other way. It can only benefit them too, right?
Ive seen comments here about me having a great attitude with all that ive endured. I look at everything as a lesson. The good, the bad, the ugly can all teach us something. :)
Are you still on antibiotics? Did u know for info you need 3 positives to come back before you are mrsa clear. Found that out today.
I just finished today. I didnt know that. I go back on tuesday so ill mention it to the ps. He didnt take cultures before he put the wound vac back on. Thanks for the info!
Your story kept me glued to my iPad screen. I hate that happened to you but you got through it like a trooper. I admire your courage. It's the women like you here on RS that got me through my surgery and any minor bumps in the road that I thought were major.  Any issues and or questions I got answered here first. Thank you  side note: you look awesome :-)

Does this wound vac make me look fat? Lol

Back to work....finally!!! So ive decided to tell people my wound vac us either an 8 track walkman or a morphine pain pump (and then hit a button and then zone out) lol! Wish mw luck
I've been waiting to here your update. I'm glad you're doing well. My date is scheduled for Dec. 12 with Dr. Huntley.
He is really great! What are you getting done? I do not regret my surgery with him. I just wish he was here or i was there so he can take care of me completely but unfortunately that was my risk. Good luck!
LMBO, I like the walkman idea. Hope you had a wonderful first day back to work. You look great and happy.

Ugh

Wrote this long witty and funny update about my 1st day back and RS is acting stank so u will get the cliffnotes version--wore heel boots, stomach sore, sleepy by 10a, hunchback by end of the day... Rinse and repeat
RS acting stank LOL. I happy to hear you survived being in the office
you were blessed MRSA.  I am sure you know by now, it could have come from anyone nurse, family member.   we actually have it on our skin.already but our good  bacteria holds it back..  did you take recovery vitamins..  you scar looks so much better now..
Cinnamon-yes i took the vitamedica recovery. Im also taking a multivitamin, vit A, C and zinc.

Swell - Schmell

Super swollen today. I feel like im 8 mo pg! I didnt wear my binder today.
Instead i wore a tight shapewear shirt. so not the same!

This is my cg. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My cg is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
My cg, without me, is useless. Without my cg, I am useless.
Oh my girl...you have had a long road! So hoping you are nearing the end of ur tunnel! Hang in there...you do look fabulous! Love the booty!
Im feeling really great this morning. I was in the bathroom jammin to reggae as i put my makeup on and did my hair. i almost felt ....dun dun dun NORMAL *gasp*! My wound has gotten a lot better. The color is a healthy red/pink. The dimensions are getting smaller. Am i seeing the light at the end of the tunnel?
Glad you are doing better and you sound better too. Looking good as well.

Survived my first week back to work

I was so anxious going back. First couple of days i was dog tired by 10a. Went home completely exhausted. The pain in my tummy got a little better by wearing my hospital issued binder. I received so many compliments at work and it really helped me validate why i had my surgery. I became creative w my response to the question "where have you been?!"
1-vacation
2-spirtitual retreat
3-psych ward
4-went for an upgrade
My response was based on how well i knew the person.
Today was a tough day. I was supposed to get a vac change but my canister got full and i didnt have any more. The canister is connected to a tube thats connected to the wound sucking up the good blood to bring to the surface. The excess blood, fat and other fluids exit thru the tubes and into the canister. When the canister is full loudass alarms go off. Loud alarms go off for other stuff too like loss of suction or if the vac is laid down. So anyway, i turned it off cuz my canister was full. I planned to just take it off when i got off and put a wet dressing. Well throughout the day it started to smell awful!! Since i wasnt getting the wound vacuumed sealed whatever was inside smelled gross! I was paranoid ppl could smell me. I left work early and rushed home and made it just in time cuz the seal completely lost suction and was leaking thru my leggings. When i took it off it was a yellow slimy gunk. Im guessing it was liquified fat? I dunno. I took the longest shower ever!!! Got cleaned and felt like a baby who got a diaper change. I will never ever do that again!!!
Great that you have such a positive attitude rather than dwelling on your misfortune!  You WILL heal, but it's just going to take some time.
I just had to giggle at your comparison to the diaper change. You have such a positive attitude about this. I would be a hot mess. I think I would be living at my plastic surgeon's house! Why did this happen to you?
Sorry about your day! Hopefully tomorrow will be better! you are such a god sort!

Why did this happen to me?

Ive gotten this question quite a few times. Well i am type 2 diabetic and have a higher risk of infection and slower healing. I also used to smoke but quit a year ago. Prior to my surgery my regular dr knew i was getting this surgery and really helped me try to get my blood glucose levels down. I was ranging between 170-250. Thats pretty high. Right before surgery it went down
How are things going, is the healing getting better, I so hope so, once this all gets better you can move on and enjoy the new you!
@kathy.. Its progressing. The ps keeps saying he sees improvements ea time he sees me. Its hard for me to tell only cuz my wound is still open. I do see it getting tighter and the dimensions are decreasing. Little by little i see tiny changes. :)
I think your attitude is great also, Im with the post above, I would be a hot mess, I know it wouldn't do any good but I know how I am, best wishes again to you on your healing

Sorry dh made me get off my phone lol

So i had to stop in mid thought lol. But anyway, so im diabetic and my surgery took 8 1/2 hrs so that may all contributed to all my problems. Who knows.

Pics

Tried on some work pants that used to be so uncomfortable on my gut. No problemd and they fit comfy w no cg.

The metamorphous of my wound

That's awesome you got into your jeans! You look great! Your incision looks better I think. Good job staying positive!
You are my inspiration. I just updated my story. I really feel your situation even though my wound is about half size I think of yours...I have been in such a state of shock and depression on top of feeling so lousy physically, that I have been a staker of your story but unable to share mine til today. Know that you are helping people like me stay strong even though I am far away and you don't know me. We will both get through it...but yes...it is a bitch!
Sorry..shouldn't have sworn....:-)

Putting my graphic design degree to use

So i wanted to see what i would look like "normal" minus this open wound. Thank goodness for photoshop to give me some hope.

Saw this on my sister's fb

Love the side by side before and after shot! Very nice transformation, and you look like you are healed!
I'm glad to see your still doing great. Love the CG part. I feel the same way about mine. Lol take care
Glad u r doing better and your worn is healing good as well.

Wound getting better

So went to get the wound vac put on. It was off for the weekend. The depth has really gotten smaller. My ends are getting closer to almost lookinf shut. The ps said i will have to wait a bit longer to think abour getting it sutured closed. The height is 3.8cm. Its too big and would put stress and tension on my belly button. Boo freakin hoo! I know im slowly but surely healing. Its just awkward wearing this vac or worrying about leaking w the wet dressings.
But my highlight of the day was that i tried on my yellow bikini again and wow what a major diff in the tummy area! So much better than 6 wks ago. I cant wait to wear one next summer!
Sleep is almost feeling normal. I Almost was halfway in my stomach. Side sleeping is no problem now. And ive tossed the boppy pillow for my butt. Loving the little victories and milestones! Gotta take what i can get!

Yellow bikini strikes back!

So was trying on my yellow bikini again to see if there has been any improvements to my overall shape. Im pleased to see a difference. Sorry forgot to hide my tubes from the vac

I think by next summer ill feel ok

And confident to wear this
Remember if you travel you cannot lift anything, no luggage handbag, nada. I needed help. I wish you well, andif possible, get a traveling companion. Take the advice for what you paid for it, but youwillneed help for at least the first three days.
Yes this is the time to be totally selfish and helpless.
when i have my surgery i will be on my own. i will be gone for 15 days. So my question is do you think that you traveling, flying and walking caused the incision not to adhire properly after the second surgery.

Ive come a long way baby

Despite these damn infections my wound is still healing. Im on so much vitamins and protein im refusing to let these bumps in the road prevent me from moving forward. I wanted to show yall an updated pic to see how far the faces of death wound has come. I showed it to a coworker today and he almost passed out. He told me i was strong and better than him to have to deal with this.
But i do have good results on my tummy too. Its getting flatter and thw swelling is not as bad. I need to move to a smaller cg vest. Im wearing a large and on the tightest clasp and it doesnt feel tight at all. I have to go hit up the asian grocery store to get a medium now.
Oh funny story about this infection... Vinegar and water soaked gauze stuffed inside me to help the smell. Got rid of one smell and now i smell like a walking Summers Eve. So im at work and ppl are like "i smell vinegar! Whats that vinegar smell?!" Lol im quiet as a church mouse.... **spritz spritz** more body spray. I go back tomorrow to get the vac back on but i dont know if i even want it.

Forgot to add pics

Finally had a girls night out

I have been keeping up with your progress and really admire how you have kept your head up, your wound looks miles better and I am so pleased you went out with the girls does wonders for your mental health, I went out last night for the first time and we just spent the whole night laughing it was great.
you are funny, yes smelling like a salad is wonderful, lol, well sounds like you are getting better every day, I again think I would have just freaked out but you just are doing what you got to do and moving on which is the best thing for mind, body and soul, so glad you are getting better daily, keep us updated and hang in there, I know you will and isn't good to get a girls night out, I had a girls day out the other day and loved it !
Love how honest your story is! Ive come across other gals going thru the same and can't find another review to help them along, so I'm so glad your here! Maybe you can say your on a vinegar diet and all? Lol! My youngest son use to eat a can of tuna fish before school in kindergarten. Idk how many time I had to say " I'm sorry if he smells a little fishy, but he insists!" Happy healing!

Vac off

So i decided to give the vac a week break and see if i can make the same improvements w the wet dressings. I just feel like i have problems when the vac gets put on. I feel like i have so much more freedom without it too. We shall see and i hope i see the same level of progress. My measurements today told me i have almost a 50% reduction in the wound size. Im soooooo close!
Omg uve been through the mill chick but wow at least ur happys :-) things will get better wit time:-) ur pics are amazing hope u feel betters soon & yea love,n the butt,, I'm so jealous as mine hasn't returned just yet( still got a flat ass ) mmm looking gr8 &hugs
What incredible healing powers our bodies have, your incision is looking great. How amazing that it heals perfectly together without stitching.
Secretdiva-isnt it amazing. If u told me a month ago id look like this i would say no way. I couldnt even imagine how the body could heal like this. I hope my story gives other women hope!

2 months ago

I was on my way to Savannah GA to embark on this wild and crazy journey. I had no idea what i wouldve been in store for. I had high hopes and aspirations expecting to look like Jessic Rabbit. These are some things ive learned along the way.
1. Do your research and prepare yourself
2. Eat healthy and get your body in tip top shape well in advance
3. Have realistic expectations and be opsn and honest with your plastic surgeon
4. Find a caregiver that you wont care if they see u medicated out, wearing a depends, running half naked to the bathroom w bloody tubes coming out of you
5. Eat, sleep, drink lots of water and stay ahead of the pain w ur meds
6. If you have complications be strong and stay positive
7. Keep negative people away!
8. Keep on trucking
9. Take tons of pictures
10. No matter what love yourself regardless cuz if u think ur beautiful on the inside it will radiate on the outside!
You look fabulous! Wow! You are a very healthy person inside and out. This wound challenge has been "something"... But you are way bigger and stronger than that! And just think...you will have your great bod as your reward!
that is wonderful advice, I hope the other gals getting ready to have their surgery read and see this, it is so true, you are so right, and by the way you are looking great, hopefully now you can focus on that, so glad you are healing and your positive attitude along the way has been wonderful
Looking hot girl!! I love your boot-tay too ;) nice... So glad your doing well!!!

Forgot to mention...my back

Its been so sore. The lipo'd areas feel really sore esp at night. I want a massage but no one will touch me cuz of the front. Maybe ill pay one of my kids to roll a rolling pin over it for me. 2 mo po and the swelling in my tummy has gone done. Its not as hard except for right under my belly button but thats softening up. My bb is not healed all the way. Im still cleaning it out and putting bacitracin on it. I had some slight drainage a week ago but it seemed to subside for now. My butt is finally not hurting as much when i sit. I read it "fluffs" up around 6 mo. I cant wait cuz im loving my booty now but i would like it just a wee bit bigger (booty envy?). My lipo holes on my back still feel tender. They were placed right under my bra lines so unless i go braless its constant friction and pressure. I put steri strips to protect it though. Oh and the damn itching! Its worse at night. Like right now im itching all over. They say its the nerves reconnecting and the sensation feels like an itch to us. Oh and still havent christened the new vajay yet :( soon though i hope ... Thats all ladies... Im too months po on 11/24 and its been the longest 2 mo ever... Longer than basic training, longer than my last 2 mo of pregnancy, longer than waiting for xmas.... U get the point. But i thank you to each one of you who has taken this journey with me. Ur support and kind words have truly uplifted me and gave me the postive outlook to keep it going forward! (group chest bump! Unless u had ba or br or bl then high 5!)
You look fabulous! Makes it all worth it right? ! The wound thing will pass us by and then we will just be able to enjoy! Xoxo
Im sorry your so sore! You are a tough cookie! Soon this will behind you! You do look really hot on the bright side! :)
You look great and your wound is healing up so good.

If ur Type 2 diabetic... Listen up

I would highly suggesr your blood glucose levels are closely monitored well before your surgery and after. The bodies response to trauma will have an effect on ur glucose levels. While in surgery ur bg (blood glucose) could potentially spike drastically. Thats why its extremely important for you to be as close to normal levels prior to surgery. Also the inflammation in your body after surgery is trauma and ur body's way if trying to protect it can increase ur bg. Test often because drastic highs and lows can indicate problems. If yoy have infections your bg can spike. So that can be one of the first signs to alarm you. Keep a log of ur bg if possible. There are great apps online that can chart ur bg and show u trends and give u baseline. 3 mo prior to surgery my bg was in the 170 range. About a month prior it was in the 120 range. For non diabetics reading this anything below 100 is good. (Not too low though). during my surgery it spiked to the 220 range. I had to take one of my meds to lower it but it only went down to the 180 range. About a month ago it went back to the 120 range but while i was having all these infections and whatnot it went back to the 140 range. Today its in the 115 range which is a number i can accept and know im good! Diet plays an extremely important role. Prior to ur surgery ensure ur pc dr understands what ur having done so they can monitor ur or put u on a suitable plan. Additionally, if ur bg isnt under control and u do have complications it will have a significant impact on ur healing processs.
For the record- i am no doctor so please consult ur own doctor first. Im just giving u some insight as to what i experienced being a type 2 diabetic
I cannot believe what you have been through and what a fantastic person you are for keeping such a great attitude throughout. Well done you - you look AMAZING and deserve every lost inch of it. I now have booty envy!
Your journey is amazing! I just read your blog for the first time. Thank you for sharing so much of your personal chllenges.
Thank you! :)

Very Thankful

Without this site i dont know how i would have dealt w the challenges i faced. Im so very thankful to all the ladies and the site creators. You dont know how much you helped ease the pain and helped me get over these hurdles. So on this Thanksgiving day i give a special thanks to Real Self and its beautiful Divas!
You sure do. x
Happy Thanksgiving, you look awesome!!
Hanoi thanks giving to u chick, looking great:-)

Incision/wound is closing!

So i went to my ps this past tuesday and he measured me and i had about a 50% improvement rate since last week. I am only doing wet/dry dressings now. Theres also a 70% overall improvement rate! Just yesterday when i was doing my dressing change i noticed my skin ends have started to fuse back together! The body is an amazing organism. I understand now why its better to let it heal from the inside out. The body is a self repairing thing and wants to heal itself.
Im just amazed that its closing! I can see the light light at the end of the tunnel now! Its a little ways but i can finally see it!
For those who are battling complications....stay positive!
Wooohoooo!!!! Such great news! You look absolutely gorgeous!
{Hi 5 girlfriend!! (**hugs**)} You look awesome!
Thankyou Goddess.. So good to hear that you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. You're always so positive but I can hear you're extra excited now and am so happy for you. It never ceases to amaze me what our bodies are capable of too.

Smaller size cg

Went to my korean lady and got me a smaller vedette... Its a cg vest. I was wearing a large but got to the tightest hook with ease now. I didnt feel like it held me in right. So i got a medium and let me tell you i burned 250 cal trying to get this in the first hook. Just holding it together it didnt reach. I laid down and did one by one. 27 min later and muscle failure in my fingers i got it! My damn boobs were in the way too! Lol but i got it. I also christened the new vajay! Whohoo. So i treated myself to a brazilian in hopes of doing it again! Lol
Thanks for the review! The Thanksgiving picture of you in the striped sweater is Gorgeous! You have got some great curves going on! Glad your wound is closing. Sorry you had to deal with that. It is, of course, one of my greatest fears. But. Now having read your review if I have the misfortune of having to go through it, I hope I muster as much grace and humour as you've shown. You are something else and should be proud of yourself :)
That booty is rockin for sure!!
there is another girl on here that recently had surgery and I saw where she had a black area going on, she apparently told her doc and just someone from the office called back and told her it was okay and then apparently the doc called back and just told her it would be okay to keep it dry, its pretty black and she said indented, I kind of told her strongly that she needed to see doc and normally they do treatment on this, she said if doc wasn't worried she wasn't worried, doc only saw pics and when I saw pics I thought it looked like a problem, not sure what to do, guess I cant do anything but I strongly urged her to see the doc and be assertive about it..........? what you think

Wound update

Its amazing to see the before and afters. I get a little excited at the thought of seeing changes. The changes will happen. The body needs time and nutrients to do its thang!

But! I did notice a small spot of raw skin. Not sure what its from. It hurt last night and maybe i rubbed or scratched it too hard in my sleep. It feels like a burn to the touch. Why does it seem like every time i see progress something pops up? God must think i am one tough cookie. I am trying to stay positive but its aggravating to keep having these little issues. Before it was infections and now its this new scar. I hope its nothing serious. I sent pics to the nurse and she said it could be from the tape and to just let my body heal. I was supposed to go to the dr today but had to cxl so i dont go back until next tuesday. Please tell me i can handle this? Its probably minor. I hope it is cuz im tired of dealing with new &$?#!!!'
Just checking in on u! How's u keeping? Ur looking great, oh ur booty looks. Gr8! Ur wee Romeo is a legend :-)
Romeo-so cute!
I really do hope its just irritation and nothing major. Btw, the skin in between used to be open and thats where it has fused together. It couldve been a blister. I did have a small one on the other side a long time ago and it popped from the pressure of the tape. Lets hope im just being overly dramatic

How to make Dakins solution for wound care

Hi divas! No appt. we had bad weather so i had to reschedule my appt for next week :( and i got a visit from aunt flo. My pms was horrid! My cramps felt like demons were going to come right thru the open wound.... Ugh! Thanks for checking up on me RS Divas!
how is the new problem area, did it end up clearing up or not being a problem, I soooooooooo hope so you have been thru more than anyone should have to go thru, keep up the great work!
Hi kathy-I think my skin is being irritated from the wet dressings. It did bleed a couple of days but not too bad now. But the skin on top that meets the pink section is getting really dry or something. The skin resembles lizard scales. Im going to the ps tomorrow he can close me up soon

Some Tuesday motivation for yall!

I'm quite "mannish"too!
I declare I am a man :-)
Ah, that must have been awful. That last post pic cracked me up lol!! I must be a man then! hahaha

All i want for Christmas is....

My wound to close. Maybe i should go sit on santa's lap
I'll put a good word in for you with Santa when I see him too. Hope you get your wish too. x
Loved ur review. Even with ur ups and downs u remained positive! U look amazing, happy healing!

Almost 3 mo pic update

Hi im so glad ive found you im in the middle of what your going through now. Reading your story gives me strength and happy i dont feel like the only one. How's things now? How far post op? Looking great hunni
Well I believe in santa...and xmas is still a week away!! Miracles come in small packages....so?????
That's the right idea! Little Miracles happen :))

Decisions...Decisions

So i went to the dr and i made great strides w the wet dressings. He said i have 2 options, close it up but he has to cut from the mons pubis and pull it up because of the skin thickness diff. I could have a ridge and it could pull on my bb and skew it. Or i cam continue w the wet dressing changes and let it close naturally and see if i will need a revision. Im torn! I want this closed but i dont want to have more problems later w my bb and stuff. Ugh!! What to do?
Read your story and wow you are an amazing woman and so brave and inspiring. Thank you for sharing your story. You look amazing.
You do look really good. I just read all of the other ladies comments and there's not much else I can say to you that they haven't. Your bb is lovely and it would be said to have to fix anything later. Ah, you've been so patient for so long and helped lots of us on the way to keep things we experience in perspective. We will all be here the day it closes, celebrating with you. x
You look soo good!!! Hmm, its hard to say which way to go. But I do know from having my Mun pulled up it has changed sex for me so you definitely want to take that under consideration. The alignment will be off. Not to say that I don't like sex anymore but I am forced to do it in certain positions now as to where b4 I could do what I wanted.

2 victories!

So on one of my fb groups we had a contest and i wond the Best Booty contest! Whoohooo! One girl's booty is lovely and i kinda modeled my butt around hers so im happy my money is being noticed! And i won an ugly sweater contest at work lol.
As far as the decision goes. I think im going to let nature takes it course and let it close naturally. But ill make my final decision after the holidays. But thats what im leaning towards. Right now the way the scar is closing its doing it very naturally and not much tension while its closing. When i had my tt my mons already got lifted and its tight and more youthful looking. I dont want it to get any higher and get tighter. Sex is different after this. Its not bad but diff. Im actually more sensitive and loving it! ;)
Thank u ladies for ur advice. And as always for being my shoulder to vent to!
On a sidenote i went to my job's holiday party last night and danced my new ass off!! Im a little sore today in my thighs! Lol but it was great to get out and dance and just have fun.
Oh and im officially off the wound vac (even though i only used it twice) The depth is too small to even put on. So for those who are battling these open wounds wet dressings work just as effectively as a wound vac. I think it helps sometimes to alternate to bring up some fresh blood to the surface but ive seen great progress w the wet dressings.
glad you are doing well, and congrats on booty contest and ugly sweater contest, lol, hope you have a very Merry Christmas
That's fantastic news that you are off the vac. No wonder you won the booty contest! Ha ha that sweater is definitely a winner too lol.

I found Santa's lap!!

I'm not sure if you saw my comment from last wk, but it bares repeating, you look fantastic, and you are a (RS) inspiration!
haha lol, if only!
Thank you so much for sharing. Your optimism and determination is inspiring. Keep letting us know how it's going.

Gonna let nature take its course..

My original ps texted me to check up on me (Dr Huntly) and i told him what was going on w my decision. He suggested i let it close naturally and think about a revision down the road. He said it would be less tension, less scar tissue and easier to close. So i think he confirmed what i wanted to do.
Merry Christmas my rs inspiration!
Awwww thank you! Merry xmas to u!
Thank u Ava 07! :) i appreciate ur kind words!

Merry Xmas.... Happy Holidays!

Romeo sends his love too!
We both made the same decision to let our wounds close naturally rather then have it closed, guess our journey continues. Happy holidays!
Sweetie you look GOOD!!!
That fire looks so wonderful! and so do you! Merry Christmas and bring on the new year and fast healing. x

Happy New Me!! New you!

Looking great. Glad your wound is closing.
So glad to see you made it through this. Your strength, positive attitude, and willingness to share your journey so openly are inspirational!
Happy new year! You look fantastic! Did you sit on ur booty in the beginning? I had TT and BL combo and PS did not tell me to not sit. My lower booty is flattening.

Not much to update

Wound is still closing and booty is getting plump! I go back to the doctor next tuesday. I made up my mind and let the wound close naturally. Im guessing another couple of months. It seems to be closing really fast now. I can tell by the size of the 4x4 guaze i put inside. I dont know how i will act once its fully closed! Lol
The new tear brought me a terrible cold so im battling that and trying to combat it. Juicing, lemons, honey and water have been my friend. Hope everyone is doing wonderful!
Good to see your keeping well,, u look great:-)
Thank you so much for letting us all be a part of your experience, your strenght and positive attitude is inspirational, I wish you the best and your new shape is looking fabulous.
Hey, we're sharing the nasty cold, I think! So, so So glad to read the wound is closing up fast. I'm with SecretDiva, you need a serious Partay to celebrate the finality of that journey... All the best, hope you feel better Soooon :)

Went to ps today

My wound has closed 40% in length, 50% in height and the depth wasnt even measurable! Such great news. Ps still said he cant give me a definite answer on how long it will take to close but he estimated 4-6wks! Im still going to let it close naturally. Id rather let it close and then see if i will need a revision.
I started working out yesterday doing squats and lunges but im hurting today big time today in my tummy!
Glad to hear your incision is closing fast for you now! Be careful not to overdue it exercising! :)
Almost there! That is great news x
I made the same choice when my nipple was an open wound I let nature take its course with natural salve it was a long process but it turned out okay.

Ive gotten these looks lol

Pain in my side

Ever since my dr appt i feel pain on one side. Its like the skin in stretching to close but its too tight. Its more irritable than pain. Ill try to post a pic today of the wound. Now when i look down i can barely see an opening.
Ive cut back on the working out. Ill stick to walking for now. I was getting so uncomfortably swollen and i would hurt a lot the next day. I wonder if this has something to do w the pain on the side. Who knows. I dont want to damage my progress. I cant believe its been 4 months already! Time goes by fast. Anyway, ill take pics later! Thank you for checking on me RS Divas!! (((Hugs)))
I would of did the same by letting the would close naturally .You're on the mend it sounds , soon it will be faded memory this part and spring / summer is just around the corner you will be ready to embrace the season with your sexy flat tummy and bootylicious rump

Upd