Lips Look Exactly the Same.. -Savannah, GA

This summer I decided to get permanent lipstick......

This summer I decided to get permanent lipstick... my bottom lip is larger than my top and I thought it would even them out... well after I got them done they swelled up HUGE and were bright red. It looked like those candy wax lips! I wad so upset my lips looked awful.. but then after about 2 weeks of peeling I literally can tell no difference.... overall I have learned to love my natural lips but I wish I didn't spend so much money to realize this...

In order for lips to take the color you need two sessions.
That is not necessarily true. I have been doing this for 13 years and the second visit for me is always for perfecting little things...there is tons of color there if done correctly and cared for correctly. It does however take at least 3 weeks for the color to reappear once they have pealed.
Also I am looking at what you paid for full lip color...way too cheap to be anyone with solid experience and time invested into their craft. I'm in KY and full lips are $500 and I also work in NYC and full lips are $700-$800 there.
First off I have to say that your lips are beautifully shaped...you have that pouty bottom lip like all the women want...and pay for. A great deal of swelling is normal for a full lip color procedure. The first 3 days you look like a duck billed platypus...but by the end of the 3rd day you should almost be back to normal size. Too bad she did not tell you this before hand just so you weren't so freaked out. The brightness of the color is also normal until they heal and peel. You technician should have also informed you that there was no way possible to make your top lip look close to the same size as your bottom or the bottom made to look smaller like the top. You could have balanced the scale a little bit but not enough to make them look close to the same size. You would have had to draw so far on the outside of your top lip that it would have looked completely crazy. Like I said before...your lip shape is beautiful...desired by many :-) Full lip color can help with small amounts of size difference and asymmetry as well as adding a really nice color to your lips...but everything has it's limitations and before doing something like this you should really know what those limitations are. The other thing your technician didn't do is stretch the skin on your lips and or go deep enough to deposit the color where it would last. There really is no color there at all. That screams inexperience to me. I would have asked for your money back or called your credit card company. This is not acceptable work. Please understand one thing...if you had gone to a skilled artist you would have loved the result once healed. Please don't think that this is representation of all permanent cosmetics artists or procedures.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.  We have all tried things that have not worked out:(