Lower Body Lift with Vaser Lipo of Thighs - Savannah, GA

I had my daughter in 2009. My highest weight...

I had my daughter in 2009. My highest weight while pregnant was 260 lbs. After giving birth my weight finally settled at around 215 lbs. I am 5'7 by the way. Last year I finally had enough. It was time to start taking better care of myself. I quit smoking cigarettes and shortly after I began working on improving other parts of my lifestyle needing to be improved. I slowly started cutting out the process foods out of my diet and begin exercising. After a year of (mostly) clean eating and exercise (mostly walking) I finally hit a healthy weight. I have continued with my healthy lifestyle and my weight has settled at 145lbs. That's a 70lb weight loss ( 115 lbs if you count my highest while pregnant). So of course I am left with some lose skin.

Yesterday I had my consult with Dr Curstinger. He is the first doctor I met with and I went fully expecting to meet with several doctors before settling on one. Dr Curtsinger as well his staff instantly put me at ease. Everyone was incredibly friendly, welcoming and answered all my questions. Because of my massive weight loss Dr Curtsinger recommended more then a tummy tuck. He believed I would benefit most from a lower body lift as well as a little bit of vaser lipo to my outer thighs. By doing the lower body lift, not only would it fix the loose skin on my belly, but also my back as well as my thighs and booty. He described everything that I wanted so I went ahead and booked my surgery. I decided to book an appointment sooner rather then later because I will be a bridesmaid in a friends wedding at the end of May and I want to make sure that I have enough time to recover enough to be able to enjoy the wedding. My doc said I would be good to go in 3 weeks and completely cleared for all activities in 6 weeks. The wedding will be 8 weeks from my surgery. I have done a lot of reading and I know this will be a rough recovery so as I see it the more time to recover the better. I go next Wednesday for my pre-op appointment. I am excited and nervous...

Pics

More pics and some anxiety

I decided to post more pics. It will be nice to have plenty to compare for before and after pics. I am starting to get anxious and nervous about the surgery. I am heterozygous Factor V Leiden as well as compound heterozygous MTHFR. Translation: I am more prone to blood clots. I have never had a blood clot or have a family history of blood clots. I actually found out when I had genetic testing done. I brought this up with my doctor and he is confident that it won't be a problem. He has treated others with FVL and MTHFR so he does have experience. He is going to have me on Lovenox just in case. I have full confidence in my doctor, but still a scary situation. I know my anxiety is just going to get worse has the big day approaches, but I know I really want to do this.

Getting closer to the big day...and another pic!

Yesterday I was a ball of nervous and today is nothing but excitement. I can already tell this whole journey is going to be a rollarcoaster ride of emotions. After looking at my pictures I realized my pictures are not showing the extent of my excess skin...do I took more pictures. When standing I somehow manage to do a decent job of hiding my stomach. But sitting and bending over is a different story. Here is a lovely handful of what hopefully wil be gone at the end of next week! Ahh! It's so soon!

Pre-op appointment today

I had my pre-op appointment today and it went really well. Dr Curtsinger as well as his nurse Karen has put all my concerns at ease. I brought in close to two pages of questions about my surgery and recovery and I never once felt rushed. All my questions were answered. I also got a tour of the recovery area where I will be staying the night after my surgery. At least as of now my nervousness is gone and I am nothing but excited about my surgery, but I am sure the nervousness will creep back in later.

I paid for my surgery today. I am really surprised that it didn't "hurt" more paying off an $11,000 tab. This is something I have wanted for a very long time. It was something I hoped for before I even drew up the determination and courage to loose the weight. I have wanted this done for awhile, but not until I was a healthy weight and could maintain it. This is finally something I am doing for myself and I do not do that often. For once in my life it is time to be a little bit selfish.

There is so much I need to get den around here. I need to work on getting ahead in my college work, cleaning and preparing for a move across country. We are not moving until July maybe August, but this house is still in need of a major decluttering. My hubby is deployed so all of the preparation will fall on me. I know I need to do all these things, but all I want to do is read and read some more about my surgery and recovery. I am a planner and like to be well prepared. Tomorrow I am going to try my best to tackle my college work. I need to get my butt gear, because I am sure I won't feel like doing it after surgery. My goal is to be at least two weeks ahead if not three weeks.

I got a printout of my plastic surgeon's before pictures of me so I am posting them with this post. They are the best quality, but will give everyone a better idea my starting point.

Tick tock

I can't believe my surgery day is almost here. I am sure it won't last but I am not nervous at all, only excited. I have suffered from anxiety for most of my adult life. It wasn't until I changed my diet and cut the prepackaged food out of my diet and switched to clean eating that my anxiety extremely improved. It is amazing how much what we eat affects everything about us. I am curious to see how my recovery goes compared to when I had my c-section four years ago. My diet was horrible then and so was my recovery. My first meal after my surgery was Taco Bell. No wonder I had horrible swelling.

Tomorrow is the big day!

Tomorrow is finally the big day! My mother arrived today. My surgery is 7:30 tomorrow morning. I am nothing but excited! I can't believe I finally get to close that chapter of my life with my weight issues. I have already succeeded on adapting a new healthy life style and shed the weight and maintain it. Now to loose the last reminder, this skin. I have to get up in 6 hours so I better try to get some sleep while I can. I will update as soon as I am able. Wish me luck!!!

On the flat sidesd!

I feel amazing well, very clear head and not high or loopy feeling. The make everyone stay one night for this procedure at the recovery center. Apparently they use a new drug here during surgery called Expareit. Iit is injected into the surgical site to controls pain for the next three days. Other them that I am only on Tylenol. I haven't seem my results yet,'but I am so happy to.be feeling greats I far this is much easier then my c section. I'm going to try to post pics tomorrow!

Correction

The name of that drug is called Exparel, jut whatever I wrote. The thing I hate about this site is not being able to go back mad correct my spelling and grammatical errors. It just drives me crazy for some reason. I am still doing great. A little more crampy and sore, but nothing major.

I'm home!

I'm home and feeling really well. So much better then I expected. I am able to get up and down by myself as long as I go slow. I feel crampy and tight, but very little pain. When I get up or down I feel a light burning/ stabbing pain, but it's not bad. I think it's just my body's way of telling me to slow down. I am 10lbs heavier then I was before surgery which is do to swelling I believe. I changed my bandages a couple of hours ago. I didn't get any pictures yet, but it looks so good. I'm still amazed what my stomach looks like. I will try to get some pics the next time I change my bandages.

Pics

Here are a couple of pics I managed to snap. My bandages are still on but I did take off my compression garment. My pain level is still doing good. I need to keep taking my medicine on schedule or I'm a little more sore then usual. My pain level is about a 3, so definitely not bad. So far I have no regrets. I'm going to try to post pics without the bandages when I can.

Comparison photos

Pic with no bandages.

I was out of my binder for 30 minutes for a shower and to have it washed. I did swell a lot durin those 30 minutes. Still feeling pretty good. I'm moving around pretty slow but overall I feel great. I'm handling this surgery better then my c-section. I am also dramatically healthier then when I had my daughter so I am sure that played a big part. My first post op appointment is Wednesday.

Monday

I got out of the house for a little while today. I rode along to pick up my daughter from school. I was out for about an hour today. It felt good to get out of the house. I might venture out again later on today. I need to pick a couple things up from the store.

My incision is looking good. The bleeding has pretty much stopped, just a tiny bit of clear discharge as it closes up. Everyday it gets easier and easier to move around. I am still sleeping in the living room in the recliner. It makes it easier I get up and down in my own. I have a lot of help, but I can still do most everything myself. I need help lifting anything heavy and the extra help with my four year old is appriciated. My mother leaves to go home tomorrow and my mother in law comes tomorrow. I'm thankful for the help even though I do not think I actually need. But it is nice to know its there if I need it.

10 days

The last of my help left yesterday. It's just me and my four year old now. I am managing just fine. I am very independent so at times it is frustrating not trying to do it all.

I had my first post op appointment last Thursday. PS said I am healing perfectly and I can go ahead and switch to a stage two compression garment. He said I had miminial swelling, but I feel like I do. I can fit in to my presurgery jeans in the morning but I swell throughout out the day. The one time I attempted to wear them I made it two hours before I went back to my yoga pants. I've had no swelling in my feet or anything, just my midsection. I know it's all normal I'm just eager to be back to my old self, which of course will take time.

Today was my last day of my blood thinners injections...woohoo! I am so glad to be done with those. Now if I feel sore at the end of the day I can take a Motrin or an aleve. I hate Tylenol, never seems to do much for me. I stopped my prescription pain killers on day 3 and then just took Tylenol as needed since, which has been rarely. I have been taking Arnica Montana from day 1. I'm not sure if it has helped or not, but I already bought it so I'm going to keep taking it. My pain, bruising and swelling hasn't been too terribly bad so maybe it helped.

I'm making it a point of moving more and more each day. I feel much better when I get up and move around. Today was a busy day. Took my daughter to the see a movie, did some shopping and once home took our dog for a mile walk. Now I am resting in my recliner, lol. I'm not that sore today, but I do feel that I will sleep well tonight.

The pic I'm posting is from last Friday, so one week post op.

Before and After

I am so glad I took plenty of before pictures. I didn't think there was that noticeable of a change, but damn I'm kind of hot now, lol.

2nd Post Op Appointment Today

I had my 2nd post op appointment today. It went great. He said I am healing beautifully and I am clear to start exercising again. He also started me on scar treatment. I am free to ditch the compression garment when ever I please. I may attempt not wearing it tomorrow and see how bad the swelling is. It seems as long as I stay active and drink plenty of water the swelling isn't too bad. Hopefully it won't be bad without the spanx, but not a big deal if I need to wear it longer. My next appointment isn't until 6 weeks post op. Not much else is new. I'm feeling great and am really starting to feel like my old self again. I'll try to upload new pics in a couple of days.

5 weeks!

I can't believe it has already been five weeks! I am almost back to my old self. I don't really have much pain anymore, but the strength in my core is still not 100%. The last few days I was finally strong enough to do yoga. It felt amazing to to finally stretch out all those muscles. I missed that feeling so much. I have been very cautious getting back to my old routine and not to push it too much. If it hurt or didn't feel right I would just wait a few days to try again.

I am very happy with my results. My swelling as gone down a lot. If I do not drink enough water I still tend to swell. It's a good reminder to drink water! My scar is healing nicely and is starting to fade. There is still one spot that hasn't completely closed up (my butt crack!, lol). I am not too concerned about it. I'm keeping neosporion on it to help speed up the healing a little. I am seeing my PS next Wednesday for my 6 week post op. I'll ask his opinion then if there is anything I need to do.

I am slowly regaining more feeling back around my waist and thighs. My hips have been the slowest to regain feeling. I think I have had more pain/discomfort and numbness from the lipo then from the LBL. I am still happy I did the lipo though.

The day of surgery I weighed 140lbs and wore a size 10 pants/ size medium shirt. I now weigh about 135lb and wear a size 4 pants and size small shirt. I never enjoyed trying on clothes as much as I do now. I can now try on almost anything and it looks good on me. I can even wear most junior clothes (my D-cup boobs don't always fit, lol). I finally found the confidence in myself that I lost so many years ago. I missed that feeling. My husband is going to be so excited and shocked when he comes home from deployment! I am so happy I did this! I was so close to cancelling my first consultation out of fear. I have absolutely no regrets!

Pics of scar

I've had a request of what my scar looks like. These aren't the best quality and they were taken at the end of the day so I am of course a little swollen, but they give you an idea of how my incision is healing.
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

I am very happy with my decision in choosing Dr Curtsinger for my body lift. At each appointment there was typically no wait time and the few times there was a wait I was seen in less then 5 minutes. Dr Curtsinger and his staff have made me feel comfortable and put all my fears at ease. I never felt rushed or pressured. He always took the time to answer all my questions and always encouraged questions. My surgery went perfectly as planned and while it's still early I am very happy with my results. My pain was very well managed post op. I am very happy I had this surgery and that I chose Dr Curtsinger and his staff to perform it.

You look fantastic! I am considering the same surgery, but will do it after the summer, so your story (and others) are a great inspiration and confort; thanks! Can you please post some pics of your scars, now, from all angles, as well as your thighs, butt, and stomach, when sitting and bending forward?
My surgery is in 2 weeks. Reading about such positive results is a real help. Super keen to follow your progress. Well done!
I would be interested to hear when u started to drive and how did you go with bowel movements post op. I'm trying to prepare as best I'm can. Really hoping for a speedy non eventful recovery
Hello there, I am a male 23 years old, young and healthy, lost over 90 Pounds in 2 years then stayed with my flappy extra hanging skin from my breast (man boobs) & tummy for another 2 years. I just had my operation for a lower body lift and a great lipo + lift (to have them all flat) I am in day 4 in recovery but unfortunately i cannot see the results of the operation yet, because I am wearing a corset (whatever that is called, it's what you wear to tighten your skin) I am supposed to wear it for 2 months. ​Anyway, the only way to see the results is to take it off, and I cannot until I meet him next week. Now as I said i am day 4 of recovery, so my question is that I am kind of worried about the results, I am looking at my chest and it's flat from outside the corset of course. However, my tummy area still seems to have like a layer of fat in a circular round, and the thing is i never even had a layer like that. so My question is, did the operation not succeed too much from down there (specially that the doctor confirmed that I didn't have any fat down there) or is that my tummy swollen? and if it's swollen or something else, how do I know? ​ ​Please answer me, thank you!
Congrats on the weight loss! Considering you are only at 4 days post op you still have a lot of swelling. I had my doubts as well after my surgery. I tried on a pair of my jeans that fit pre-op a couple of days after surgery and I could not even get them all the way up. It takes awhile for the swelling to go down. I'm 7 weeks post op and I still swell up some at the end of the day. Listen to your PS, eat a healthy diet with plenty of protein, stay hydrated and walk around when possible and you will be good to go before you know it!
What a difference! Nice thin scars too. You look great! Keep the pics coming, such a great reference and story!!
You look awesome so happy for you! I Am sure your husband will be thrilled!!
Girl, you look incredible! You must be so thrilled! I am beyond ecstatic for you!!
Thanks for your reply! Today was my first day back to work.... Yeah, I left 30 minutes ago! Haha! I work in the medical field with no down time. Swelling took over about 2 hours after I got to work. Well, least I made it in! ; ) Tomorrow is a full day-- I'm crossing my finger's that I make it! Can't believe you fell on your butt! I would have freaked out! You have such a great attitude! Thanks for sharing.
Hi! WOW!! I had the same surgery plus a inner thigh lift on April 1st and I'm still struggling with pain and mobility. The incisions in my groin are tight and extend into my buttock crease. My surgery was all skin removal. I just wasn't blessed with good skin and at age 35-- 3 kids later; my body looks more like age 60 than 30! I didn't have that drug... Exparal. It was the hardest first 2 days of my life! My blood pressure was too low for pain medication so I had to tough it out. Wish I knew about that! Anyway, you have motivated me to get out of the house and stop my mini pitty party. ; ) I'm still scared to death my incision will open and I haven't taken my CG off (only to wash it and shower daily) since the surgery. Maybe I'll go shopping for a new one this week. Thanks for posting about your procedure! Hope your still doing great!
I am so sorry you are having a rough recovery! I hope you can find some relief soon. :) I thought my PS was crazy when he told me after the surgery that he expected me to be able to stand up straight at my first post op appointment (6 days post op). He said it will feel like the incision will split, but it wont and to keep gradually stretching as you attempt to stand up straight. If I sit for too long, I definitely feel more sore. When I stand up it still takes me a minute to be able to stand all the way erect and I get this extreme burning sensation in my hips, but it goes away quickly (like 30seconds). But as long as I am moving I feel great. There have even been times I completely forget I am still recovering and then do something stupid. Last night I was chasing my daughter through the house then plopped down on butt on the floor. Lol, not a good idea. I tried for one day not wearing a CG and I don't think I am ready quiet yet to ditch it. I did downgrade to a one that has less support. If I was still wearing my yoga pants all day I think I would be fine without, but I have been wearing my jeans for the last couple of days. I like the barrier of the CG because it still feels a little uncomfortable in jeans without it.
You look awesome glad your recovery is going so well!!
Wow! You are looking fantastic. You are beach bikini ready!
You look awesome!! I hope I have great results like you too!
Thanks hun! I'm sure you will too! You already did the hard part and lost the weight. My mid section still feels so weird. It's been so loose and saggy for so long, it's such a strange feeling being so tight.
I'm so happy for you! What a freeing feeling it must be! Out of curiosity, since you're ten days out, how's your energy level? Do you work full time? Do you think it's realistic for me to go back to work part time after two weeks post op? Thanks so much!
I'm a stay at home mom and full time student. The last couple of days my energy level has come back full force. I have to keep reminding myself to take it easy. I'm still limiting myself on not lifting anything heavy, but I can do quiet a bit of lifting and bending as long as I use my legs and arms and not engage my core. I did that 30 day squat challenge a couple of months back. I'm so glad I did. If I had a desk job or a job that wasn't too strenuous I personally would be wanting to go back now. Not everyone bounces back so quickly after surgery so I would rather have more time off and have the option to go back early.
Just wanted to check in and see how you're doing! I hope recovery is still treating you well!
Recovery is going great! It's still a little uncomfortable sleeping at night. I'm a side sleeper and I just can't get comfortable for long on my sides so I end up on my back most of the time. But overall I'm doing fine. No pain just a little sore at times. Thanks for checking on me...it reminded me to update!
Awesome!! I'm so happy for you! I just had my second consult with my surgeon! I'm hoping to be on the flat side by the fall or very first of 2015!!! Getting so excited! My mom came with me today - very helpful to have another set if ears with the doc!
I am so excited for you! That's great that your mom was able to go with you. I need to start making a list when I go in. There is always at least one thing I mean to bring up or ask then forget. The last time I forgot about asking for copies of any intra operative pics. I need someone to come with to remind me of everything I forget, lol.
I was so overwhelmed after about the first half hour in my first consult. It was so good to go back having more clarification and a clearer picture of what to expect. I feel so encouraged after today! I may be getting a new set of girls too!!
That's awesome that your PS is taking his time to answer all your questions. You are putting so much into his hands. That trust has to be there. Congrats on the possibility of getting work done on the girls. I know mine have seen better days, but it looks like just a good push up bra is in my future. Not sure if I could justify another surgery to my hubby, but if it's for boobies then he just might go for it! Lol
I keep going back and forth on what procedure combination to have done...you look stunning!!! I think I should stick to the original plan! Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us. You truly look amazing.
Sorry for not replying sooner. I haven't been on here in awhile. Thank you so much! I personally did not notice that much of a change until I put my before and after side by side. I'm glad I helped you decide!