Liposuction and Thread Lift Went Wrong - Savannah, GA

I had a thread lift along with lipo under my...

I had a thread lift along with lipo under my jowls, chin, and neck. I'm 43 years old with fairly good skin. It's now been 6 weeks since surgery and my chin is loose and saggy. Also when I pull my head back and expose everything under my neck it is horrible looking. My left neck band is protruding out and feels unnaturally tight.

I'm not sure how to handle this as I feel lost on what my next step should be. I talked to my PS about this and he agreed it did not turn out the way he would have liked. He mentioned he could make two small incisions behind my ear not sure what the procedure is called. I'm not sure if I should let him do a revision because I'm not sure if I can trust him.. what to do what to do!!!

I had chin lipo, and three days later I am still swollen on one side, and my face is weird, too. Lopsided smile, can't open my mouth all the way. I look awful. How are you now????
Well I had the neck lift about a week ago and now I'm left with a crooked smile. I have motor nerve damage to the mandibular nerve. I am now devastated and at my mental breaking point! I never wanted this invasive procedure but felt as though I had no choice considering how my PS left me the first time. I must have the worst luck in the world and wish I would have just left things well alone. He assures me it is temporary and by next week I should have 60% of my smile back. Can't say that I trust what he tells me anymore. Sincerely, TJR
How does your neck look and feel now?
Hi Sharon I talked with my PS today and he is willing to take full responsibility and seemed genuinely sincere about how the outcome turned out. He recommended doing a neck lift with incisions under the chin and behind the ears. I am also getting a second opinion from another PS in the area. I will continue to keep you updated.

That's great news. I'm so happy for you.

I see him tomorrow and plan on asking him how long I need to wait before a revision can take place. Once he lets me know what the procedure is I will then take that information and get a second opinion. I will keep you updated as I find out more. Ty, TJR

Hi TJR -- Welcome to RealSelf and thanks for posting your experience so far. Do you know if your doctor is board-certified?

Yes he is board-certified and also comes from a very well establishment that's been around for years. He did my daughters breast augmentation and it came out beautiful. I know the face and breast are completely different and now I'm thinking maybe I should have been more inquisitive about the procedure. He made me feel it was minimally invasive and I was the perfect candidate and he could make me look 7 years younger!! It all sounded great to me but now I'm looking back in the mirror thinking "what the heck went wrong". Thanks Sharon for your prompt reply back. Sincerely, TJR

What a difficult situation. It sounds like you did everything right too (board-certified, he did a good job on your daughter, etc). Any plans to see him again and voice your displeasure?