Anxious but SO SO Ready! - Savannah, GA

I am 34 yrs old and have been wanting to have a BR...

I am 34 yrs old and have been wanting to have a BR for many years. I am 5'2, 205 lbs and my bra size is a 40 "G". My surgery is scheduled for 12/19/12 and my insurance is covering the procedure accept the $750.00 deductible. I was scheduled when I was 22 yrs old but I chicken out and I really didn't have any support. I decided to go ahead with the surgery because I am really tired of carrying around all of this weight. I really want to be more active like jogging but my Chi & Cha : want let me. I am getting lots of support from my hubby, sister and bestie but I still feel anxious :( mainly because I have never had surgery before. I think about the surgery every Other minute of the day. I am so grateful for this site for providing me really great advice. I am scheduled to be back at work on 1/2/13. Approximately 15 days out of work praying for a smooth recovery :) The Journey Begins...

I do trust my doctor she is great. She has been very attentive

I am counting down now with 15 days to go. I am...

I am counting down now with 15 days to go. I am ready but freaking out a little now because it is coming quickly. There is so much to do especially with the holidays coming! Finish buying presents, wrapping and etc... I have my preop appointment on Dec 10th I will keep you posted!

My Pre-op was today my surgery is scheduled for...

My Pre-op was today my surgery is scheduled for 12/19 and it is quickly approaching. I had my blood pressure checked, my blood work done and a EKG. My PS and I talked about size and she said that she will try and make them a small "C". I rather be a small "C" I just don't want them to be too big :) She said, we will discuss it before the surgery because often he patients change their mind. I will also be getting drainage tubes not sure about these but this is her policy.

9 days to go and I have my Christmas decorations completed just last minute x-mas shopping and wrapping presents this week. I might have to get some anxiety meds to help me out. I can't stop thinking about this darn SURGERY!

2 days until my BR and today I am freaking out! ...

2 days until my BR and today I am freaking out! Have been having terrible thoughts of complications and have even thought of cancelling my procedure. I think I am exhausted with trying to do so much and I am not sure if I should go into surgery this exhausted? I even broke down last night crying so many mixed emotions and just overwhelmed... Then my 5 year old said, to me mom "I love you, your the best mommy I am glad I have a mommy:) This mad me feel like if something goes wrong I didn't have this to do? I'm I just overreacting or should I just cancel this surgery? HELP!
Barbara Davies

I chose Dr. Davies after going to another PS and wasn't confident with him. I asked around and many people highly recommended her.

Thinking about you this morning...

Don't cancel! You are having normal feelings that most of us have experienced. I cried up until the night before my surgery. "Should I do this, I am not that big, I have lived with this all my life, etc..." I don't regret having my procedure done at all. You will fill the same way too. Hang in there and good luck.
Hi.... I have been going thru the same things and even thought about backing out yesterday until I saw myself in clothes today--- hate being to BIG on top... you are going to do great during and post surgery and you have all of us for support! I wish you all the best... my surgery is the 18th (double yikes) xoxo
Don't back out! I've had the same thoughts, but I know if I back out I will be so angry at myself, and ill never get such a good chance/good timing to do this again!
Yes, your right I'm just gonna take one hour at a time. Thank you for the encouragement!
We can do it! I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am on wednesday, how about you? Just think you will get a nice nap in and wake up with little perky boobs :)
dont worry about the surgery! i was freaking out about it too and it was not that big of a deal! although i know everyone is different but i too had the same emotions like you are having! i wanted to back down too but i didnt lol. The Iv or even the anestishia did not hurt at all! and it knocks you out real quick, you will feel like your sleeping! i woke up perfectly fine with no complications, the worst part bout it to me is the recovery cuz im a big baby but i managed. im 2 days post up and tomorrow i go to take these drains out which i hate because they are sooo uncomfterble. cant wait o see what my boobs would look like =) God Bless and i pray everything will go amazing with your surgery
Thank you those words mean a lot! Take care of yourself.
My surgery is tomorrow and I have definitely been feeling the nerves but one thing my surgeon said that helped was that even if, god forbid, I have any problems healing etc. it's just a bump in the road. They are trained in this and will not leave us high and dry. Helped calm me at least! You will be just fine. Think of the weight literally being off of you!
i know what you mean about the.anxiety.i think every one of had/ have that.i know.for myself waiting month to month hoping for a date then finally got it so im a wreck/not a wreck.back and forth. ROLLER COASTER RIDE..good luck. sure.you will do just fine!!!. xoxoxoxo
I know what you mean about needing anxiety meds, i am a wreck!! Our surgery is the same day aren't you ready for this stage to be over? I'm ready to be recovering!!
Just finished watching a video link the hospital sent me. I don't know if it helped my anxiety at all :(
Stay positive! Glad you have support that has mad all the difference for me! Keep us posted!
We have the same appointment for surgery, and the same return to work date. So glad to have you to go through this journey with!!
Good luck! It is scary but you soon will be done with it and never have worry about carrying them around...****hugs****
Thanks, for the encouragment.
welcome and congrats on ur planned surgery. :)
Welcome. I am very close on size to you and I also can't wait to be able to be more active! Glad you seem to have support this time around, that will help you so much!
I'm happy for u
Thanks
Thanks

Welcome to the community.   Well you definitely have an endless supply of support now.   You will feel like a new woman very soon.  No going back now; keep moving forward with your chin up.

Please keep us up to date every step of the way.   I am glad to hear that you have 15 days off work and not rushing back in a week:)