Loved It, Changed my Life - Saugus, MA

When I was a sophomore in high school, I had the...

When I was a sophomore in high school, I had the option to go on Accutane. It was the last possible option that my dermatologist gave since I had acne since I was in 5th grade. I was on the strongest dose of topical and oral medication, but the medication only lessened the acne. It was also there, no matter what. It was a big decision between me and my parents. We thought about it for a few months and then decided to try it. I wanted something that was going to help me. I didn't even know what it was life to have clear skin.

Going on Accutane was the best decision of my life. I was on it for 6 months. The only thing that I noticed was that I had really dry hands, lips and nose. I would use saline spray for my nose, Cetaphil for my hands and chap stick for my lips. Even though the side effects were annoying, I loved the results. Since then, I am a sophomore in college now, I get only the occasionally pimple, that easily goes away when I put some medicine on it. If you are on the fence about Accutane, my advice is to do it. I don't have any regrets!