Loved It, Changed my Life - Saugus, MA

When I was a sophomore in high school, I had the...

When I was a sophomore in high school, I had the option to go on Accutane. It was the last possible option that my dermatologist gave since I had acne since I was in 5th grade. I was on the strongest dose of topical and oral medication, but the medication only lessened the acne. It was also there, no matter what. It was a big decision between me and my parents. We thought about it for a few months and then decided to try it. I wanted something that was going to help me. I didn't even know what it was life to have clear skin.

Going on Accutane was the best decision of my life. I was on it for 6 months. The only thing that I noticed was that I had really dry hands, lips and nose. I would use saline spray for my nose, Cetaphil for my hands and chap stick for my lips. Even though the side effects were annoying, I loved the results. Since then, I am a sophomore in college now, I get only the occasionally pimple, that easily goes away when I put some medicine on it. If you are on the fence about Accutane, my advice is to do it. I don't have any regrets!

Thank you so much for letting us know that Accutane worked well for you, and that the change held up over the years for you. That is so wonderful to hear!

6 months? Wow. I'm happy for you :) What's your daily dose? Mine is 20mg a day (1 capsule) and does it take longer if you have a small dose like mine? I'm on my 4th pill and so far, no side effects. Claire