Extremely Swollen and Painful Day After – Saratoga, CA

I have naturally hollow undereyes, and have had...

I have naturally hollow undereyes, and have had juvederm injected in my tear troughs before. After it wore off, (about 8 months) I decided to give restylane a try. There has been some fat loss in my cheeks as well, which created a line from about mid-eye to my jawline, like a not as pronounced nasolobial fold, so this time I decided to have a little injected into my cheek as well.

The first time I had the procedure done it was relatively painless and had very little/no swelling, and I loved the results. However this time the procedure itself was pretty painful, the doctor injecting me was pretty rough, and about an hour later I noticed I could feel a small nodule on one side under my eye that was slightly visible in certain lighting. I tried massaging it out a little bit and it helped but hurt. There were bluish marks around the injection sites.

When I rub the injection sites gently I can feel how uneven the amount injected is, as well as how uneven the placement is. A few hours later my face felt really tight and swollen and I hoped it would be better the next day because I had work. However I was completely wrong! When I woke up, my undereyes were so swollen they puffed a little over my cheekbones, as if i was crying for hours the night before! I don't know if he over injected or if I'm swelling really badly, because now when I look down completely I can see the tops of my cheeks.

I feel some pain in my jaw when I open my mouth all the way, and when I smile, my once beautiful smile is now crooked (on the same side as the jaw pain) and looks very unattractive. It's as if he tore a nerve or something. I'm crossing my fingers that it is just the swelling, because an hour after the procedure I was not nearly as swollen, and did not have this crooked smile! It hurts not only when I smile or laugh, but also just when I'm sitting still. My face feels so tight and painful and I'm really hoping I'm not the victim of someones negligence.

Rejuve