Rhinoplasty(open), Tonsillectomy, Adenoidectomy, Bilateral Inferior Turbinate Reductions, & Septo Cartilage Harvest. - FL

Ever since i could remember i have always wanted a...

Ever since i could remember i have always wanted a nose job. For many years now i have been very unhappy with the size and shape of my nose, as well as the indent at the tip of my nose and the hump i had on the bridge of my nose ,which i think was caused by getting my nose broken when i was younger. Even though i have always wanted a nose job, wanting one and actually getting one is a big difference. Your nose is one of the most noticed features on a persons face. So if it gets messed up you'll be the next michael jackson . No im just joking i dont think anyones nose could look that bad. Anyway.... the other four procedures im having at the same time as my rhinoplasty are all for medical reasons. Although im not excited to have all procedures done at the same time i cant afford to miss out on work any longer then i already am.

My surgery date was on June 12, 2014

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 day post-op

The first few days of post-op i thought were bad with headaches and feeling congested. But today my throat hurts so bad, they say the older you are when your tonsils are removed the longer it takes them to heal. My nose on the other hand feels fine. I have been taking my prescribed medication as needed every 4 to 6 hours, as well as keeping myself hydrated. With having all these procedures done at once there are some complications for example, i am supposed to keep my throat moist, but since i had the rhinoplasty done and i cant breath that good through my nose , which makes me need to breath through my mouth at night time. So when i wake up i am excruciating pain because my throat is so dry. i use biotene but it doesn't seem like it is helping.
Does anyone know how i can prevent that? or maybe just help the dryness?

-Other then that my nose feels fine still congested and my ears are aching really bad.
My cast feels a little loose but i think it is because of the swelling going down.

Cant really give my overall satisfaction of the rhinoplasty until i get my cast is taken off which is June 20,2014

UPDATE week1 POSTOP:Rhinoplasty(open), Tonsillectomy, Adenoidectomy, Bilateral Inferior Turbinate Reductions, & Septo Cartilage

sorry i haven't updated my results since my cast has been taken off. Yesterday was a rough day. My ears and my throat are in worse pain then ever right now and i dont know what to do. I am a baby when it comes to pain. So when i wake up every morning i basically cry because i feel like instead of it getting better it has just been getting WORSE. It hurts to yawn, sneeze, smile, and now my jaw is killing me.

For my nose though, since the cast has been taken off it has been very swollen. I'm tired of sitting in bed for the most of my day. I live in florida and its summer now so all i want to do is be outside but i cant. Anyway, i also did have bit of a problem last night. I was lying down and all of a sudden i had a nose bleed so my first reaction was to freak out ahaha even though that never helps. It wouldnt stop for like 20 minutes even after i flushed my nose out, so i finally called my doctor(@11pm) and he told me take a flash light to look and see where the blood was coming from and from what i could see it looked like a blood clot coming out of my nose. I tried to pull it out but it wouldn't come out, it was stuck. My doctor told me to put my head back and put some ice packs on my nose to help. He said it would fall out today, but before i even went to bed last night as weird and gross as this may sound, the blood clot went back up into my nose. So as for today the clot did not come out, but it hasnt bled today.

Has anyone ever had that happen to them?

Anyway, if anyone has any advice on any of the problems i am having please dont hesitate to comment or message me. Any idea of what is going on would be a great help.
Bradenton Facial Plastic Surgeon

Doctor and all nurses were a great help. Being finally able to see my nose i am happy with the outcome. He hit every aspect i wanted taken care of. My nose is still swollen so i wont be able to see final, final result for about another month or so, but i can tell the difference in my before and after and i am very pleased (:

Wishing you a speedy recovery!
So enough this will be over and you'll enjoy being healthier and a cute nose:)
wow - you had the 2 worst surgeries that i've ever had at once! i had the tonsillectomy at 32 years old and it was the most painful thing i've ever been through!!! You're at day 5, so the worst is over, but WOW _ you did it!!! And, i think it took me 2 weeks to be able to eat after the tonsillectomy. It's hard core as an adult. The nose too is painful - for the packing and breathing discomfort. I would say demand some tranquilizers, watch movies and pat yourself on the back for having gotten the first days over with already! it's going to get easier. REST.
thanks, what i thought was the worst isnt the worst my throat has been hurting even more. i went to the doctor on friday and he said everything looks good and its just the process but honestly im in so much pain every day that i wanna cry. i wish he would give me something stronger but i dont think he wants to. He just tells me to keep taking tylenol :(
It's so exciting to get that new nose! Hump reduction is great! Immediate gratification! I wished that I had kept a spray water bottle beside me at night. I didn't want to wake up enough to take a drink but a spritz of water in the throat would have been nice.
Thank you for sharing on RealSelf! Have you tried a humidifier in your room while you sleep? That helps some people with the dry throat.
i was thinking that. i just wanted to see what other people thought as well. i think i might just have to buy one thanks (:
You're so brave to have all these procedures at the same time. I hope you feel better already. Cant wait to see your new nose.
thanks. in alot of pain today more so because of the tonsillectomy. But over all feeling okay.