Disaster :::: Hypo & Hyperpigmentation and Raised Scarring - Fla

It has been a year and I still have raised...

It has been a year and I still have raised "whisker-like" horizontal marks on my cheeks. 2-3 on the left side and 4-5 on the right cheek. You can feel them easily. The "marks" standout visually when I put on make-up. :(

My skin is really blotchy -there is a ton of hyperpigmentation issues. I have been out of the sun for a whole year!! "track marks" vertical ones on my forehead and horizontal ones around my face and jawline. I work from home and have been out of the sun the whole recovery time. I put on 90 broad-spectrum sunblock diligently. The worst part are these hypopigmentation scars on either side of my face. It has been a year and they are sooo bad still. They are permanent. The melanin is gone. The laser did little or nothing for my wrinkles around my eyes and creepy skin. My skin is just worse. I am not imaging this. Friends and family have seen me all the way through and see the different changes. My pores have enlarged greatly and have not decreased in size. It has been a year since this procedure. The doctor gave me my money back but my face is ruined and a whole year lost as well as my confidence.

Sarasota Laser diaster

2 and a half years - and still my skin is awful. I wish I NEVER HAD THIS DONE.

Sarasota Laser Diaster

My pores are HUGE Now

Sarasota Laser result

Sarasota Laser Ruined my Face

Now it has been 2 and a half years and I still have raised "whisker-like" horizontal marks on my cheeks.

My skin is really extremely blotchy -there is a ton of hyperpigmentation issues. I have been out of the sun for a whole 2 years!! "track marks" vertical ones on my forehead and horizontal ones around my face and jawline. I work from home and have been out of the sun the whole recovery time. I put on 90 broad-spectrum sunblock diligently. The worst part are these hypopigmentation scars on either side of my face. It has been a 2 years and they show now improvement. They are permanent. The melanin is gone. The laser did little or nothing for my wrinkles around my eyes and creepy skin. My skin is WAYYYYY worse. My pores have enlarged greatly and there are more enlarged pores. It has been 2 1/2 years since this procedure. The doctor gave me my money back but my face is ruined and 2 1/2 years lost as well as my confidence and friends, lovers and work.
Dr. Scott J. Engle Sarasota Plastic Surgery Center

Overpriced and not experienced with Laser surgery. Scarred for life. Lost a whole year with recovery. Horriable

If it makes you feel any better you are still very attractive ( I say this in a non creepy manner as possible) Do you think it was an error the doc made or was it just a bad reaction?
God I just read all the things I'm getting done. I sound like a mess. Fat going here & there, lifts, peels. lopsided lips, lower eye brow, scars. I wonder now what i'd look like if I never went for anything. I'd have been ok with everything but the scars. They are the worst out of everything. Not feeling like you can put on a smile & have to hide out reading about people going here & there on facebook., being invited out & not going even when it's your immediate family. I will never ever go for any laser & I will tell everyone never ever to go for laser. I can't believe I lost so much time that I'll never get back. I lost time with my father before he passed not wanting to go out. I lost time getting to know my daughter in law by avoiding going to anything & missing her shower because I had gone for a treatment. After this surgery I hope it will give me a life back. I forget what that's like. People don't take a chance on losing your life to lasers. I know a lot say their great for their sun spots but you know what? Put some lemon on insead. A potato, a cucumber. Don't put a laser to your face. Your playing Russian roulette. I lost.
Hey Georgia, I too have scars all over from Erbium laser resurfacing going on 7 yrs now. Please keep us posted on what he does for you so we'll have an idea what to do. I quit my job, have panic attacks & am on meds to sleep. I have an appointment tomorrow with yet another PS so I'll see what he thinks he can do. He's supposed to be one of the best too but I've been to so many " best" PS that haven't helped at all. I'd love to hear what yours says & I l'll let you know what mine says. I hate to say it but after the Erbium resurfacing I went for 7 fraxel restores since that's what they said would help. It didn't, just spent more money for nothing. I also had smoothbeam, affirm & perfecta lasers. I've been living in the dark for 7 yrs. It finally got to me the last 2 after going to so many PS & having so many treatments I thought would help but didn't. I thought by now after so many treatments I thought I'd look a lot better. Sadly I don't see much of a change except I'm not as red, it's the scars that are literally killing me.
Sats you sound like me. I hope we get fixed one day. Please let us know how your appointment goes tomorrow.
Thanks for this comment. I am going to copy it to show to my doctor and see what he has to say. I'm so sorry you're going through what I am. A few days ago I added a review with photos, and I can't find it :(
Hey depressed, I'll def let you know what he says. Living like this is not living & I'm SO SICK OF IT. I hate it when it's sunny out. I hate almost every day anymore. I see everyone out & about & I'm still looking at the walls. At least my house is probably the cleanest on the block but the outside looks like you know what. I don't go out to garden anymore & I loved doing that. Tomorrow I'm going to ask for subcision, mole removed & filler. Maybe a little lift. I'm just scared right now thinking he's going to see me & say I can't do anything for you since you've tried everything already & it didn't work. Also going to ask about TCA Cross for the small deep scars that look like ice pick scars. I hope he can do something. If he helps I'll post it everywhere cause so far I can't say one thing is better than another. Maybe needling since it's cheap, you can do it when it's convenient for you & you get the same results or better than fraxel without the damage. Stayed tuned kiddies. This time tomorrow I'll know the plan if any.
I posted a picture to ask a doctor here on realself. Funny I went to one of the doctors that answers the questions on realself & guess what? He didn't want to touch me!! Here he answers all the questions but when I went to him he didn't want me back!! So much for their advice, we have to think on our own and learn to say no thanks or no I just want this, not my whole face. Just cause their doctors doesn't mean their God and have the answers for everything. We're not one size fits all.
How was your appointment? My review was published today, and here is a link to it: http://www.realself.com/review/san-diego-ca-laser-treatment-erbium-resurfacing-nightmare
Oops! That one doesn't work. Try this:http://www.realself.com/review/san-diego-ca-laser-treatment-erbium-resurfacing-nightmare
Hey Georgia, I just got back. He saw the dents & I told him the story about the Erbium causing me scars. . My scars are deeper than yours & their on my cheeks & I have a lot of little deep scars too. I'm going in for a mini lift surgery with fat transfers & a blue peel & some subcision May 1st. Fat will be taken out from under my eyes & fat will be put in near my mouth. Yours are lines where mine are irregular & round & deep. So I'm going to take the plunge. He was great. He stood there looking straight into my eyes & all around my face for 10 min real quiet checking out my angles & touching my face. At first I was scared he was going to say he couldn't do anything for me. I had had a life lift years ago that I wasn't happy with because I got scars in front of my ears so he'll pull me back so they don't show in front & that will pull my scars flatter. He's also going to take some fat out of under my eyes & lift my one eyebrow that is lower than the other & put fat near my mouth. I'm a little lopsided from sculptra put in near my mouth. I hate it. Never get sculptra, 2 yrs later I get a lump that comes & goes. It made my mouth have a dent on one side. I hope the blue peel works & with the lift. It pulls my scars when I pull back my skin then I hope the blue peel works for the rest. I can't wait but I'm also so nervous. I can't wait to get some sleep being knocked out then they take me to a hotel & I get a nurse to take care of me for the first nite then home & supposed to be ok by day 10. Just in time for my birthday and mothers day. What is the plan your doctor has for you? What is he going to do or use? I have to put retin a on 2 weeks before & no herbal vities or aspirin for the peel & surgery.
Glad to hear your appointment went well. It seems like all the work you're going to do is to repair all the bad work that was done before. Oh how I wish I hadn't started! My face looked great before the Erbium Laser Resurfacing, and now I feel terrible that I did anything at all. I am trying to post another photo that I forgot I had of my cheeks. It will give you more of an idea of how much damage was done. I have just posted the plan, if you'd like to see it: http://www.realself.com/review/san-diego-ca-laser-treatment-erbium-resurfacing-nightmare
Hi I am from Sarasota and am considering co2 laser. What doctor did you use?
Dr. Scott J. Engel
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM laser marks even after 1 year
I'm so sorry about your laser story , I'm been scarred with a fractional laser , grid stamps all over my face . Verticals nd horizontal lines of scar , broken capillaries ect . I was wondering what model of laser did this ? And if the scars are raised or flat ? I know what you mean by losing time . I've lost 6 months and many memorable occasions from this distaster.
I've been scarred and disfigured from fillers and was thinking about laser. How awful. So sorry you're dealing with a nightmare too

I'm so sorry that you had to go through this. First of all, you are so pretty and cute--don't let this stop you from believing that. Second of all, I had a similar experience over 10 years ago. After having severe acne and many dermabrasions, I decided to try the laser. The first time, it looked better, but he said he could make it even better. That is where I made the mistake. The second time--he worked on selected areas and I woke up to see him distressed that his machine had broken. The two areas he worked on were under my cheekbones and not even symetrical--at least they would have matched. Now, my cheekbones still have these weird whiskers and are sucked in--not good in an older person. I obsessed on it and was miserable and he tried to fix it--if anything making it worse. Finally, I just had to live with it and make the best of it. I felt so stupid for doing the second laser--my family had tried to stop me. But, you can't let things like this stop you--you have to go on and make the best of it. You have such a great face--. and you look so young. Those are both such blessings. I try to take good care of myself now and make the most of what I do have I hope you feel better.

Let's not forget ~===== no lasers on face =====~
It looks like I will be having laser treatments to fix the laser treatment!! I posted the doctor's plan for me: http://www.realself.com/review/san-diego-ca-laser-treatment-erbium-resurfacing-nightmare
The comment really scare me for going this laser treatment. I have a spot on my left cheek for which i m opting laser treatment, I will concern my Dr througly before going for it.
Please please do not have CO2 laser. It is the most deveststing thing I have experienced in my life besides death of a family member. It has been nine weeks of hell and there seems to b absolutely no improvement. My skin is bright red, scarred, bumpy, waxy, shiny, sticky and open looking. It is a HUGe disaster. I'm completely consumed with the damage I elected to do to myself. I live in Atlanra and went to a reputable doctor. It is the worse decision I have ever ever made.
I had CO2 and it has been 9 weeks. My skin is tacky feeling in some areas w white waxy looking raised skin in some areas and extremrly dry raised bumps/ scars that I originally thought was dry skin that would expholiate off. I slowly am learning that the dry raised stuff is not dead skin but appears to be raised dry scars that feel like sand paper.Also, I'm still very, very red. Flares up at drop of a hat. Csnt find a moisteriser that works either. My eyelids feel like sand paper and look like old dry skin. I cant wear makeup well. It sticks and clumps in the tacky areas and builds up in the dry areas. Looks like 80 year old eyes. Only thing my surgeon says is I need to go to a makeup artist downtown from New York. First of all I have no more time off of work to go to a super expensive makeup artist to cover my $3;000 worth of laser. I have been hiding in my house for 2 months and I'm soooooo sick to my stomach that I ever did this to myself. I live in Atlanta and went into Buckhead to do this. I thought I had a great doctor. If you are considering doing this I BEG you not to. It is the most emotionally deveststing thing ( besides losing a loved one ) that I have ever gone through. I feel like I've lost so much of my life and worry about getting a REAL sickness from the internal stress this is causing. Hard on my family, too. I wait for the weeks to pass so I can have a weekend to try different things to see if I csn FIX or hide the flaws. If you chose to do this, know you have been warned. Pease do not I have a feeling I will regret this forever.
You need a moisturiser called Elta (the melting moisturiser). It should have been given to you post procedure but hopefully it will still help the healing process. I don't know how well it will work for day as i guess the time you took off has long expired but at night it will work wonders. I wish you all the luck in the world and hope all comes right in the end, very best wishes, Cathy UK
I had Erbium Resurfacing on January 3, and it took a full 8 weeks for me to be able to leave the house with makeup. I have waffling on my forehead and what looks like stretch marks on my cheeks. The dermatologist who performed the procedure says he needs to do a more aggressive treatment on my forehead. He believes the waffling is the result of too light of an application and wants to do everything again. I am afraid to go back to him and depressed to have to hide out in the house again.
screw that - get your money back - all of it and go somewhere else. I had improvement from in skin texture with ematrix. It helped my raised scarring blend into my skin.