Upper Eye Lift -Bali, Indonesia

I have always wanted my lower lids done, as always...

i have always wanted my lower lids done, as always told i liook tired or sad, even when i wasn't. im living in bali Indonesia, so ended up doing it here, the doctors here all suggest upper and lower separately, so i started with the uppers as its the simplest. it did take more than the one sedative for me to be calm enough as i already told them. the procedure was fine, ans i watched in a mirror from time to time.. no pain, great staff. i did get more briusing than any other photos ive seen, but i do bruise easily so may not be surgeons fault. ill say ill be bruised for weeks, feel at the moment my scar may be too high, but its still early days

day four stitches out. bruising from ice?

doctor said i have the worst bruising he had ever seen, in 25 years. great! he says its because i used ice packs. he told me only to use cooled black tea. but i took advise from this and other sites. left the office feeling confused and silly, with a pot of Arnica cream, now changing to warm 3-4 times per day . stitch line looks good and doctor very happy with that.

day 6

bruising improving every day. now using warm water and Arnica. thanks for encouragement

day 6 improving

now using warm water 3 x a day and arnica cream.
when i think of it i take vitamin c and zinc

10 days

here are my scars after 10 days. very happy with them.
bruising improving each day, but bit of a drag.

day 17

so pleased bruises are going

3 weeks today

briuisnig almost gone, with make up cant tell at all. tender to touch, but otherwise fine, a little tingly which is a good thing. I popped into the clinic, doctor wash there, I hd asked about kelocote, they said I could buy it for $50 from them, or just wait, they said result would be the same, just a little time. so I opted to save my money.

scars 3 weeks

cant see with a touch of concealer

4 weeks later with a head cold

not the best time to post, but thats real life.
one ye still puffier than the other. but still time and no one is perfectly symetrical anyway. looks great with make up. will endeavour to take a pic with make up too.

about 3 months now

Dr surya

i like the doctor very much, but verdict still out for the results

Wow, I'm so happy for you--fabulous results. You look so beautiful and young. I'm so happy for you
Thanks for sharing, what kind of lower blepharoplasty did you have done? What exactly did your doctor do to correct the lowers?

Looking good!

Thanks for your post and pictures, I had upper lids done 3 days ago, the redness and swelling was starting to reduce with the drops, cream and ice. When I woke up this morning I had huge puffy bags under my eyes, looked like baloons filled with water. I was wondering if this was normal with this proceedure. From your pictures I see that it is... so... many thanks.
I dont know how normal it is,but i had it and it went away. did your surgeon tell you to use ice? mine tells me I shouldnt have. he only recommends cold tea.
Yes, ice for first couple of days, must admit it certainly helps. Viscotears eye drops into eyes and Chloraphenicol ointment onto the wounds. Just got some arnica gell from the pharmacy, right now I look like I've gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson, hope time and the gell works.. incidentally you look great.
i had the same water filled balloons hanging under my eyes......it was a bit unsettling, not a good look but it went down fast over 3 -4 days :-)
The eyes look great! Imagine putting make up on upper eye lid without having get smudged in two seconds! In so happy for you. X
That's great to hear you are being so patient... The no cigarettes would be very challenging for me. Also would probably need to be back at work within 2 weeks... The bruising is one hell of an issue but I read it's part of the process - basically everyone goes through this horror but they say its not as painful as it looks. Reassuring much? Not really. Thanks for sharing my dear and keep on the tlc :-)
NJ1 the bumrangrad hospital recommends no cigarettes or alcohol a month before and after. my surgeon was happy with 2 weeks. But i was also using it as an incentive to change my ways. like a reward. my wicked ways cannot be continued. there really is no pain at all, just a little irritation . most people dont get my bruising and i can actually cover it with make up now day 11 if I need to. a pair of stardard reading glasses even covers the worst part of the bruise. without make up. enough for people not to stare or comment.
I just had mine done 2 weeks ago and I had the same bruising you did. It was scary!! Almost gone and back to work Wednesday. You look amazing!!!!
thank you. for feedback love to see your bruises. what did your doctor say about the bruising. normal? my doctor said not normal . made me feel silly for using ice. when every other surgeon seems to recomend it.
From One to another who had procedure done with Dr. Surya. You will be more than happy with the results . Once bruising has gone the result will be fine. Keep using the tea bags . No alcohol. No ice ....
thank you so much. i hadnt find any feed back on my doctor other than the happy customers he reffered me to speak to. yes no more ice, no alcohol. had 4 cigarettes in 10 days. im okay with that.
I also used ice. Never heard about tea bags but my doctor teaches at Stanford and UCSF and was highly recommended so I just went along with his instructions and so far so good. I will be posting pics soon.
hi- looking at having upper and lower eyelids done...the pic are all about only the upper? Sugar! that's very impressive and TBH scary...I read a lot about ice packs too...how confusing! Thank you for keeping us informed on your progress. Take care sweetie x
thanks. yes this doctor suggests they heal better when done separately. but i really dont want this bruising twice. cant hide behind glasses 24/7.
Oh, you did it! Yay! How are you feeling? My bruising was the same on my left eye and is still a bit puffy but it will go down.
I think its going to look great! Hang in there. I actually thought you had the lowers done also from your pics

Thanks for sharing.  Not sure if you have access to arnica gel in Bali, but it really helps break down the bruises.  Keep us posted on your healing!  When do you go back for the lowers?