Rhinoplasty is not for everyone

Hello, I'm 19 years old, I'm brazilian and I have...

Hello, I'm 19 years old, I'm brazilian and I have had a nose job. There was nothing wrong with my natural nose, but I was too insecure, and I guess all that insecurance I've down in my nose. Although I've always used to win beauty competitions, and although people always used to eulogize myself I went to a doctor and I made my rhinoplasty. My face has drastically changed and I really didn't like it and all I want to know if it's possible to get, with a secundary nose job a nose that is similar ( not identical) to my old one and that looks natural... is that possible? please help me. I don't wanna put my pictures here, so if someone want them, leave me a message inbox.

obs.: my nose is not damaged in its structure, is just the sthetichs that really makes me sad.

I uploaded some photos, so that maybe people can...

I uploaded some photos, so that maybe people can tell me if it's able to reverse some of the work that was done.

I'm still very swollen, but the surgeon did things...

I'm still very swollen, but the surgeon did things that I didn't ask for. The nose is shorter and the tip is upturned ( I didn't want it), my dorsal bridge is wider and to the tip it makes a curve. The worst of all, is that the surgeon doesn't accept that I'm not enjoying the nose. She says that I'm freak and that I should look for a psychologist. As long as time passes by I only get worse, as I see that even with the swelling going away, my face does not return to be what it used to.

Thank you for all the support. It's really...

Thank you for all the support. It's really comforting to hear what you've been writing to me. I'm still depressed, and the worst is that breathing is so difficult, I'm a singer and I've just got a place in a Music School here for which I made the test before the surgery, and I can't even sing. Is it normal ? 2 months post op and breathing badly?

I'm getting worse everyday, I mis my face so much....

I'm getting worse everyday, I mis my face so much. I don't wanna live with this ridiculous pug nose. I want to sue my surgeon.

I'm still hating the nose. But I'm trying to work...

I'm still hating the nose. But I'm trying to work on my psychological so that I'm not crying as I was and trying to get better each day, instead of worse. You people mean a lot in this change. Thank you very much.

I forgot to say: This monday I got a (don't know...

I forgot to say: This monday I got a (don't know how to say that in English, but the wires that bind the cut in a surgery) removed from my nasal wings. They were there to make them reduced, but as I was wanting a nose more similar to my old one, the surgeon told me that I could have them removed before three months, that it would look like before. So I'm with micropore again, and will remove it only next monday! Then I'll upload pictures for you all. Also, if you know great revision surgeons, please tell me about them. Thank you all!

Hi Guys, I'm uploading with some pictures. The tip...

Hi Guys, I'm uploading with some pictures. The tip dropped, but I'm still not satisfied with how my face is looking. My smile is weird, but I'm hoping that it may get better. I really have hope that it will improve, but in case of not, I'm already seraching revisions surgeons. My breath still bad, but the surgeon says that it's internal swelling, I'll see another doctor soon, to verify that.

I deleted photos for personal reasons. I'll...

I deleted photos for personal reasons. I'll continue to update the review and anyone who wants pics can PM me.

So, nothing is getting any better. My nose is not...

So, nothing is getting any better. My nose is not looking good, it's not really improving. In some pictures it appears that I have an inverted v, but I hope it's just ilusion of the flash (I'll post them soon)
My breathing got better because I'm taking anti-allergy drugs.
I barely leave home, except for my obligations, because I hate to hear everyday from people: "What have you done to your face?" "You used to be so pretty, now you're just a normal girl". Last night a friend of mine, trying to cheer me up made things even worse, when he said: 'At least you still have your inner beauty". People, I'm sorry that my post is so negative, I really wish I could come here and tell you all very good stories about my rhino experience, but in fact, it didn't bring me anything god, it just made my life change from heaven to hell. How can a person loose so much beauty with a rhinoplasty? Do you think it's about face proportions, or something else? I was wondering that because I'm not the only girl in the world that had the appearance ruined by a rhinoplasty. What do you think?

Rhinoplasty isn't for everyone

Hi guys, I just came to make an update. Nothing really new. The only thing is that I noticed that my face is appearing longer and sunk, and it used to be very full. I was wondering why this happened, and came across a person who said that it maybe due to the cut of the septal depressor muscle. I didn't even want this muscle to be cut, I used to love my drooping tip. But that's ok, the only thing that I want now, is to have my healthy and beautiful face back. I can live with this nose, I just can't live with this hollow face.

new pics

news

I went to two doctors here in brazil that are famous for doing great revision and primaries. They both told me the same things: that i had nose valves collapse, inverted v, pinched tip, alar retraction and also a bad aesthetic result. I can't breath and I don't know if I will ever be beautiful and happy as I used to be.

news

some pics

alar retraction

aesthetic

My nose, although a little bigger (but it wasnt big and.i didnt want to reduce it)than my current nose, used to have more angles, to be better defined. Now, it looks a small retracted ball. No more angles, my tip looks very round.

Hi..I had rhinoplasty 2 wks back and I had my splint out today..I used to have a flat now but I juss wanted to make it a bit slimmer and bridge slightly elevated between my nose but i can now see that the bridge is realy high..its the first day that i removed my splint but i'm already starting to hate it..plus my tip is not defined like i had..:( what can i do?
Hi Maria, just a note to say that I hope you're feeling better. Best of luck to you in 2014!
Hi Faith! Thank you very much for your comment, and for remembering me... you're always kind and adorable :]! I am feeling hopeful for 2014, I am saving money, and trying the best to earn enough to be able to have surgery this year. I am really thinking about traveling to the US, as I have seen that the revision noses there, are more beautiful than most I have seen here in Brazil (although there are good results here too). What about you? I really hope you're feeling better too! I wish you a happy 2014!!
I think that you are beautiful, at least, from what I can see. I like upturned noses, and as long as there is some symmetry, then the eye perceives beauty. If you don't like your nose, you must be very careful about getting a revision, as there are two directions to go in, better or worse. Definitely do research and take your time in your process. Don't be hasty! Realize that changes are permanent and that subsequent surgeries may have a diminishing return in beauty benefits, with less and less tissue and bone to work with. I love and accept you as you are, and hope that you love and accept yourself. I don't think that you necessarily have psychological issues, you have a standard of beauty for yourself, and you see your rhino as going in the wrong direction in terms of beauty. I totally get that, and my heart goes out to you.
Thank you for your kind comment AriaD'Fontaine , I won't be hasty, I will take my time to research and try to do the best choice.
Hey, I know exactly what your going thru, I had the same thing but 10times worse - check out my photos. I had to have to bridge built back up because he had taken way to much off. I had revision after 6 months obviously with a different surgeon.
Hi haylee! I feel for you, but I saw your new pictures and it seems like you secondary nose will be very beautiful! Be strong, if need to talk to someone please be free to contact me!Good luck!
How are you doing now? Have you grown to love your nose now that the swelling has resolved, or are you still seeking a revision? (For what it's worth, I saw your pictures before you took them down and thought you looked gorgeous!)
Hello! Not any better! I went to other doctors and I found out that I had collapse of nose valves, alar retraction, pinched tip and inverted v. I am not as beautiful as I used to be, and can't breath anymore, because of that, I am not happy anymore too.
Oh Maria, I'm so sorry!!  I know how heart-breaking this is.  I wish I could help you but I'm in the same situation.  Did you see this doctor in search of a revision?
Hi Faith, how are you doing? Any better? I have almost no time to post here and also sometimes prefer to avoid thinking about it, that's why I haven't been posting. But yes, I went to two doctors here in brazik, both are famous for.doing great primaries and revisions. Both of them told me the same things: that i had nose valves collapse, inverted v, pinched tip, alar retraction and also that the aesthetic result is bad. How about you, dear, any news?
Hi Maria,  I've also consulted with 2 surgeons and hope to go on more consults but both surgeons have given me a quote of over $15K.  I have no idea how long it will take to save that kind of money so in the meantime, I am pretty much a depressed recluse, who like you, can not breathe through my nose.   I'm so sorry to hear that you're not doing better.  The overall health of my nose has really deteriorated as it still feel very sore/weak/burns.  Getting plastic surgery was the stupidest, most dangerous thing I've ever done to my health and looks.
So bad :( here in Brazil, yhere are some good and less expensive surgeons more than in US as I have seem. I know how terrible it is to dont breath, to be recluse and to.feel guilty for that! Please be strong! I hope we will have a happy ending.
Hi ! I’m sorry for what you’re going through. Did you talk with your family ? What do they think about your surgery ? I’m asking this because sometimes people don’t have an objective view of themselves. And I want to say that I’m really suprised about the feelings you have about your new nose. I saw the pictures you have published and I though that your new nose Is better than the older and it makes your face more sweet, smooth features. And I really though if I want to get a nose job I will wish I have a nose like yours. Can I see your pictures please because I think the whole problem is rather psychological than physical.
Hello. yes, you definetly can see my pictures. are you on facebook? facebook.com/mariaclara.sena search for me there! I can send you the new pictures (I don't post any) and yu can see the old ones there, there are many. yes, I talked to my family and friends... my mother also prefers my old nose, but does'n think its llooking bad. My friends at the beginning used to prefer my old nose and my oold look, but now, they got used. The only person that is really annoyed is me. But I don't think it is psychological, its only the percepction that I have of my own self, that is different than the other's.
Hi, the same thing happened to me, I had a drooping tip that I loves and the surgeon also cut the muscle and now my nose looks upturned. How is ur nose looking now? Has the drooping tip come back?
hello! first of all, I want to wish you luck! well, he drooping tip did not come back, but it got definetly better... have hope!
oh m sorry that you are feeling so bad...my heart goes out to you...but after reading your complete post i m thinkin that maybe cuz u hav so much negativity resulting from rhinoplasty tat u r not happy with you have stopped admiring other beautiful features which m sure that u have giving the fact you hav won beauty peagents :) your face n personality is not all about ur nose sweety...you must stop lookin at the mirror all the time..do some make-up but new clothes..go out more. surgery does depress many ppl and evrybdy sails thru just fine..just dont be so harsh on yourself :) lots of love .
Hello! Thank you for your kind comment. I do think that all this negativity from this rhinoplasty makes things worse, but I don't think is the only thing :[. I was much prettier before, and this is not a easy thing to accept, to loose part of your beauty in a COSMETIC procedure. :[. But thank you anyway, lots of love for you too. And I love your nose :].
Hey there we are in same situation unfortately :( my bridge is not only scooped but in goes start down from inbetween my eyebrows, so ugly :( I also have ruined my looks. Had a skinny long. Nose now its short and fat and bridge looks wider. I guess. I have to be patient bc I'm 4 mo post, but I'm so mad for getting it done. Thank god the breatheing is getting better, I guess that's what really matters. It just so emabrassing my new nose, makes me feel so sad when I look in mirror and don't see my old face and nose. So much bridge work done,and before surgery I told my ps that I like my bridge its just the tip that bothered me :( he didn't listen. Anyhow I've avoided dating but I have to if I want to get married. And my smile looks ridculous and I use to get complemented by my smile so much. I lost my beautiful smile and my nose looks wider. But I don't stop my life, I have to keep going and hope swelling goes down. I don't feel attractive no more and feel sad I don't know how I will attract a man feeling this way. I don't even have any desire too, feel sad. But I wil be strong, and try keep myself happy. And ill look on bright side, it could have been worse. And don't worry you are 2 mo post you didn't mess your looks. Its the swelling that makes you look different. Once it goes down you will see your old self again but with a diff nose :) we just have to be reallly patient like a whole year. All we could do is support eachother!
That is so very true. It's almost scary how familiar this sounds. I too was devastated after having my rhino and seeing the results, scooped bridge, pug tip, raised too high. I literally couldn't function. If going out of my house wasn't 100% necessary I wouldn't do it. Instead I tried to put my life on hold. That's worse than anything because I became obsessed with my nose and couldn't think of anything else night and day. I think I might have made myself sick if I hadn't chose to go to a city where no one knew me and couldnt compare my old look to the new one. I went and got lost in an unfamiliar city for 2 month and when I returned home my nose was considerably better like my old nose a little. It's been 1 yr since my rhino last may and I am here to tell you it gets so much better around the 8 to 10 th months. Please don't lose hope. I had filler added to the right side last week to get rid of the pinched look of my nostrils and it helped a lot. Hurt too. So just know that it does get better and that you do have options if you are still unhappy after all is said and done.
I had 3 rhinoplasties and loved my nose and then it got broke and Dr. Pincus totally botched my nose and took so much off I now how a huge space between my lip and nose. No one recognizes me and not only that but I gained 50lbs during that time from all he steroids I was put on because my nostrils would not connect. I went from modeling to fat and hating my nose. I'm now looking to get my 5th rhinoplasty and lipo to regain my life back. I hate not looking like myself. I am just having trouble finding a good dr who will do surgery for a 5th time cause all my scar tissue.
I am so sorry for you! I really hope thing will get better!! Good luck!
I'm sorry to know that you are not able to get adjusted with your changed appearance..I so relate to you, its been around 4 months for me, and I still have not got used to how it looks and I doubt I would ever get. All I see while looking into mirrors is nostrils. I am keeping me hopes alive that one day I ll get what I want..!! All the best to you. Just remember one thing, all problems have a solution. I am sure in case you don't get get to your new appearance you would find a surgeon to end up with what you really wanted. My wishes are with you. I would not ask you to be happy, because I myself am going through similar situations and know how it feels. but I ll definitely tell you not be sad :) you still are pretty. different but pretty.
Hi dear! I always read your posts and I feel your pain too! We can't loose hope, many many people had revisions and got what they wanted right? thank you very much for your compliments, I wanna make your words mine towards you! And as we are in the same boat, if need to talk you can message me, ok ? We will overcome this!