Rhinoplasty is not for everyone

Hello, I'm 19 years old, I'm brazilian and I have...

Hello, I'm 19 years old, I'm brazilian and I have had a nose job. There was nothing wrong with my natural nose, but I was too insecure, and I guess all that insecurance I've down in my nose. Although I've always used to win beauty competitions, and although people always used to eulogize myself I went to a doctor and I made my rhinoplasty. My face has drastically changed and I really didn't like it and all I want to know if it's possible to get, with a secundary nose job a nose that is similar ( not identical) to my old one and that looks natural... is that possible? please help me. I don't wanna put my pictures here, so if someone want them, leave me a message inbox.

obs.: my nose is not damaged in its structure, is just the sthetichs that really makes me sad.

Oh Maria, I’m very sorry. I know how difficult this is. What is it about your nose that you currently don’t like? Remember that swelling last a very long time and some people say that they didn’t see their final results until two years. You must be patient and try your best to stay busy so you don’t think about it as much. Believe me, I know how you feel and for that, I’m sorry. Some people who initially didn’t like their noses eventually did. Time will pass and if you’re still not happy, you should be able to fix it. What does your surgeon say? Hope you feel better soon.

In the hands of a very capable, talented, board certified rhinoplasty surgeon, you should be able to get your nose back to an aesthetic you're happy with. Since you haven't posted pictures I can't give any feedback, but if your first surgeon removed too much cartilage, a revision rhinoplasty surgeon can put in grafts to build it back up.

Good luck and please keep us posted on your journey!

I uploaded some photos, so that maybe people can...

I uploaded some photos, so that maybe people can tell me if it's able to reverse some of the work that was done.
I do not know when you had your surgery, but I am three weeks after surgery today and my nose changes every day. Your nose still looks very swollen. I would not take anything seriously for minimum 4 months after surgery, and even after they say your nose won't be completely healed for one full year. You look great.
I agree. The bottom third of your nose looks very round and swollen. When was your surgery? I am 2 months post op and my surgeon says it will take 6 months for the definition and shape to be seen. Take care, and you are still stunning. Hope you feel better soon.

I agree with Faith, you might still be swollen. From where I sit, you're still a beauty.

I'm still very swollen, but the surgeon did things...

I'm still very swollen, but the surgeon did things that I didn't ask for. The nose is shorter and the tip is upturned ( I didn't want it), my dorsal bridge is wider and to the tip it makes a curve. The worst of all, is that the surgeon doesn't accept that I'm not enjoying the nose. She says that I'm freak and that I should look for a psychologist. As long as time passes by I only get worse, as I see that even with the swelling going away, my face does not return to be what it used to.
I think the tip is still very swollen. I'd give it time. You are never going to look exactly like you did before. That's typically why people get a nose job. They don't usually like their nose and want to change it. I still think you are gorgeous and I love your profile. But of course, your opinion is what matters most. That's such a bummer the surgeon is not listening to your concerns! I hope things get better for you and you come to love your new nose!
Hi there! Can I just say that I think your nose looks great! I had mine done about 2 years ago and I still think its STILL healing. When I had my bandages removed I wanted to cry as I hated my new nose and kept on thinking " what have I done?" as my previous nose wasn't all that bad, I just wanted it smaller and more defined. I think alot of people need to know that the majority of the healing process is within the 6 month period and then after that it will still be healing but not as much. Becuase I have quite thick skin due to the fact that I'm half asian, I think it took my nose longer to heal as the skin had to tighten over my nose. I think it might have been 7month to a year when I noticed that the tip of my nose was actually defining more and more. I like my nose now but it took alot of will power to try and not constantly look in the mirror and analyse it! They say after 3 years is when your nose has pretty much completed healing? so we shall see what it looks like by the end of this year. I personally think your new nose looks really good! which can only mean that it'll look even better as the days go by. Just have a little faith and patience hun! Hope that helps!
OMG, your operatted nose looks exactly like my operated nose. I had a nice bridge and now its like very lowered and scooped :( And it does not match me or go with my face. Not that a scooped nose is bad for people who have it naturally, but it does not go with me. On top of it i can barely breathe :( My face has aged so much and my eyes have become hollowed I hate this rhinoplasty. I would never ever never get a revision to fix my bridge. This nightmare is enough to make you go insane. And they would net to get graft from other parts of your body. And I have seen people that add bridge back to their nose and it does not look nice or natural. I just want this ridiclous nose to heal and swelling to go down and it will take a year and just forget this ever happened!! most important I just want to breathe again..uhhh. Good luck with everything.

Thank you for all the support. It's really...

Thank you for all the support. It's really comforting to hear what you've been writing to me. I'm still depressed, and the worst is that breathing is so difficult, I'm a singer and I've just got a place in a Music School here for which I made the test before the surgery, and I can't even sing. Is it normal ? 2 months post op and breathing badly?
I hope you don't end up with empty nose syndrom
I am so sorry for your experience. People can now see why you hve to be extremely careful when doing your nose, It looks like mine with that profile from years ago. I feel yourf pain and I will pray for you,
Yes. it can drastically change your face. Thank you, I'll pray for you too. Are you gonna do a revision or non surgical nose job?

I'm getting worse everyday, I mis my face so much....

I'm getting worse everyday, I mis my face so much. I don't wanna live with this ridiculous pug nose. I want to sue my surgeon.
i ffeel the same way about my nose :( you look good though ... try not to let it bother you too much. when the swelling goes down itll look good!
You look beautiful with your new nose, as you did with the old one. It does look different, but does not look bad AT ALL! It really does look nice.
Also your breathing should keep improving.You must still have alot of internal swelling so try to be patient and see if you can get those steroid shots to help you.

I'm still hating the nose. But I'm trying to work...

I'm still hating the nose. But I'm trying to work on my psychological so that I'm not crying as I was and trying to get better each day, instead of worse. You people mean a lot in this change. Thank you very much.

I forgot to say: This monday I got a (don't know...

I forgot to say: This monday I got a (don't know how to say that in English, but the wires that bind the cut in a surgery) removed from my nasal wings. They were there to make them reduced, but as I was wanting a nose more similar to my old one, the surgeon told me that I could have them removed before three months, that it would look like before. So I'm with micropore again, and will remove it only next monday! Then I'll upload pictures for you all. Also, if you know great revision surgeons, please tell me about them. Thank you all!
2 months is really to early. I saw a post where it took over a year for final results. As I viewed the pics, its amazing the changed that occur monthly. Keep us posted.
Ohh my goodness, you were pretty before and equally pretty now! Please don't worry, you are way too hard on yourself. I will bet you that your nose changes for the better in the next year; more defined and "skinner" especially at the tip. Please be patient. You ARE a beautiful girl.
I feel for you, as I went through an unfortunate experience myself. I personally do not think your nose looks bad and I also believe you have tons of swelling that will go down eventually.... but the point is, you are unhappy with it. It wouldn't matter to me if the whole World said my nose looks perfect and they meant it..... I have to live with dissatisfaction and embarrassment until I have a nose I am comfortable presenting.... so I know it is still hard even though a lot of us are saying your nose does not look bad. It is very difficult going through all you went through to end up unhappy. I do hope you end up with the nose you always wanted, with or without a revision. Best of luck to you!

Hi Guys, I'm uploading with some pictures. The tip...

Hi Guys, I'm uploading with some pictures. The tip dropped, but I'm still not satisfied with how my face is looking. My smile is weird, but I'm hoping that it may get better. I really have hope that it will improve, but in case of not, I'm already seraching revisions surgeons. My breath still bad, but the surgeon says that it's internal swelling, I'll see another doctor soon, to verify that.
u are very beautiful regret about money and time, but u look good!
thank you! I hope to feel beautiful again soon!
Also your lips stand out so much more now, that's a good thing, you have amazing, beautiful full lips and the smaller less intrusive nose makes them look really pretty! :) Looking better!!

I deleted photos for personal reasons. I'll...

I deleted photos for personal reasons. I'll continue to update the review and anyone who wants pics can PM me.
Hope everything is ok.
Thank you! Everything is under control!

So, nothing is getting any better. My nose is not...

So, nothing is getting any better. My nose is not looking good, it's not really improving. In some pictures it appears that I have an inverted v, but I hope it's just ilusion of the flash (I'll post them soon)
My breathing got better because I'm taking anti-allergy drugs.
I barely leave home, except for my obligations, because I hate to hear everyday from people: "What have you done to your face?" "You used to be so pretty, now you're just a normal girl". Last night a friend of mine, trying to cheer me up made things even worse, when he said: 'At least you still have your inner beauty". People, I'm sorry that my post is so negative, I really wish I could come here and tell you all very good stories about my rhino experience, but in fact, it didn't bring me anything god, it just made my life change from heaven to hell. How can a person loose so much beauty with a rhinoplasty? Do you think it's about face proportions, or something else? I was wondering that because I'm not the only girl in the world that had the appearance ruined by a rhinoplasty. What do you think?
Hey there we are in same situation unfortately :( my bridge is not only scooped but in goes start down from inbetween my eyebrows, so ugly :( I also have ruined my looks. Had a skinny long. Nose now its short and fat and bridge looks wider. I guess. I have to be patient bc I'm 4 mo post, but I'm so mad for getting it done. Thank god the breatheing is getting better, I guess that's what really matters. It just so emabrassing my new nose, makes me feel so sad when I look in mirror and don't see my old face and nose. So much bridge work done,and before surgery I told my ps that I like my bridge its just the tip that bothered me :( he didn't listen. Anyhow I've avoided dating but I have to if I want to get married. And my smile looks ridculous and I use to get complemented by my smile so much. I lost my beautiful smile and my nose looks wider. But I don't stop my life, I have to keep going and hope swelling goes down. I don't feel attractive no more and feel sad I don't know how I will attract a man feeling this way. I don't even have any desire too, feel sad. But I wil be strong, and try keep myself happy. And ill look on bright side, it could have been worse. And don't worry you are 2 mo post you didn't mess your looks. Its the swelling that makes you look different. Once it goes down you will see your old self again but with a diff nose :) we just have to be reallly patient like a whole year. All we could do is support eachother!
That is so very true. It's almost scary how familiar this sounds. I too was devastated after having my rhino and seeing the results, scooped bridge, pug tip, raised too high. I literally couldn't function. If going out of my house wasn't 100% necessary I wouldn't do it. Instead I tried to put my life on hold. That's worse than anything because I became obsessed with my nose and couldn't think of anything else night and day. I think I might have made myself sick if I hadn't chose to go to a city where no one knew me and couldnt compare my old look to the new one. I went and got lost in an unfamiliar city for 2 month and when I returned home my nose was considerably better like my old nose a little. It's been 1 yr since my rhino last may and I am here to tell you it gets so much better around the 8 to 10 th months. Please don't lose hope. I had filler added to the right side last week to get rid of the pinched look of my nostrils and it helped a lot. Hurt too. So just know that it does get better and that you do have options if you are still unhappy after all is said and done.
I'm sorry to know that you are not able to get adjusted with your changed appearance..I so relate to you, its been around 4 months for me, and I still have not got used to how it looks and I doubt I would ever get. All I see while looking into mirrors is nostrils. I am keeping me hopes alive that one day I ll get what I want..!! All the best to you. Just remember one thing, all problems have a solution. I am sure in case you don't get get to your new appearance you would find a surgeon to end up with what you really wanted. My wishes are with you. I would not ask you to be happy, because I myself am going through similar situations and know how it feels. but I ll definitely tell you not be sad :) you still are pretty. different but pretty.

Rhinoplasty isn't for everyone

Hi guys, I just came to make an update. Nothing really new. The only thing is that I noticed that my face is appearing longer and sunk, and it used to be very full. I was wondering why this happened, and came across a person who said that it maybe due to the cut of the septal depressor muscle. I didn't even want this muscle to be cut, I used to love my drooping tip. But that's ok, the only thing that I want now, is to have my healthy and beautiful face back. I can live with this nose, I just can't live with this hollow face.
Hey, I know exactly what your going thru, I had the same thing but 10times worse - check out my photos. I had to have to bridge built back up because he had taken way to much off. I had revision after 6 months obviously with a different surgeon.
Hi haylee! I feel for you, but I saw your new pictures and it seems like you secondary nose will be very beautiful! Be strong, if need to talk to someone please be free to contact me!Good luck!
How are you doing now? Have you grown to love your nose now that the swelling has resolved, or are you still seeking a revision? (For what it's worth, I saw your pictures before you took them down and thought you looked gorgeous!)

new pics

I think that you are beautiful, at least, from what I can see. I like upturned noses, and as long as there is some symmetry, then the eye perceives beauty. If you don't like your nose, you must be very careful about getting a revision, as there are two directions to go in, better or worse. Definitely do research and take your time in your process. Don't be hasty! Realize that changes are permanent and that subsequent surgeries may have a diminishing return in beauty benefits, with less and less tissue and bone to work with. I love and accept you as you are, and hope that you love and accept yourself. I don't think that you necessarily have psychological issues, you have a standard of beauty for yourself, and you see your rhino as going in the wrong direction in terms of beauty. I totally get that, and my heart goes out to you.
Oh Maria, I'm so sorry!!  I know how heart-breaking this is.  I wish I could help you but I'm in the same situation.  Did you see this doctor in search of a revision?
Hi Faith, how are you doing? Any better? I have almost no time to post here and also sometimes prefer to avoid thinking about it, that's why I haven't been posting. But yes, I went to two doctors here in brazik, both are famous for.doing great primaries and revisions. Both of them told me the same things: that i had nose valves collapse, inverted v, pinched tip, alar retraction and also that the aesthetic result is bad. How about you, dear, any news?

news

I went to two doctors here in brazil that are famous for doing great revision and primaries. They both told me the same things: that i had nose valves collapse, inverted v, pinched tip, alar retraction and also a bad aesthetic result. I can't breath and I don't know if I will ever be beautiful and happy as I used to be.

news

some pics

alar retraction

Thank you for your kind comment AriaD'Fontaine , I won't be hasty, I will take my time to research and try to do the best choice.
So bad :( here in Brazil, yhere are some good and less expensive surgeons more than in US as I have seem. I know how terrible it is to dont breath, to be recluse and to.feel guilty for that! Please be strong! I hope we will have a happy ending.

aesthetic

My nose, although a little bigger (but it wasnt big and.i didnt want to reduce it)than my current nose, used to have more angles, to be better defined. Now, it looks a small retracted ball. No more angles, my tip looks very round.
Maybe you can correct it with fillers... And then do it every year.. Touch up and not permanent so you can adjust it to your liking
Hi..I had rhinoplasty 2 wks back and I had my splint out today..I used to have a flat now but I juss wanted to make it a bit slimmer and bridge slightly elevated between my nose but i can now see that the bridge is realy high..its the first day that i removed my splint but i'm already starting to hate it..plus my tip is not defined like i had..:( what can i do?
Hi Maria, just a note to say that I hope you're feeling better. Best of luck to you in 2014!