Veins Are Gone, but Others Keep Showing Up - Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

This procedure is a lot more costly in the US but...

This procedure is a lot more costly in the US but I had it done successfully in the Dominican Republic where I lived at the time and the results were satisfactory. Before starting the Dr. had me take an ultrasound to see what was causing my varicose veins and it appeared that I have "venous insufficiency". She stated that this is something that can be corrected with surgery but if I wanted a quick fix she could eliminate the superficial varicose veins through Sclerotherapy.

I had 10 sessions of injections (as not all veins can be done at once, specially when you have a lot like I do). All the veins that were injected disappeared instantly. I tend to bruise easily so at the end of each session I ended up with heavily bruised legs. You need to go home with your legs wrapped in tight elastic bandages and use these for a few days during the day.

The bruises completely disappear in about 2 weeks, when you need to go for the next session. I now still have varicose veins but mostly because I had another baby and varicose veins run in my family. I need to go back for a few more sessions but this may be something that people like me will need to continue doing each year, if we want decent legs.

Dr. Daniela Guerrero

Hi wanna I'm also interested do u hav to pay 300.00 each visit how does dat go

Hi Wanna,

I am interested in having Sclerotherapy done in Santo Domingo..
Can you please tell me where you got your done..

Thanks

Hi Wanna,

Welcome to the Sclerotherapy community! I'm really glad everything worked out so well for you. Did you have any pain or downtime from the procedure? How do they do the procedure? If you are comfortable sharing pictures we would love to see them. Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt