Waiting to Exhale.. Can't Wait to Have Tummy Tuck - Santa Rosa, Ca

I have battled my weight most of my life. I am...

I have battled my weight most of my life. I am always on some kind of new health kick or diet plan. Weight watchers, south beach, low carb no carb. I have done it all. I exercise all the time and eat pretty healthy, comparied to all my friends who by the way are thin..

I feel for the first time in my life I have found a balance with diet and exercise to achieve my goal. I take spin and muscle classes weekly and run and yoga when I can squeeze it in. I am addicted to the gym, I have a great club that my girls (6 and 3) love and have grown up going to their daycare. I cannot function correctly without my regular workouts.

After my second daughter I have busted my butt getting back to pre pregnancy shape and I cannot do anything about my giggly,loose tummy. I have worked with a trainer and tried everything to get that area in shape. It frustrates me that it keeps me from my goal and makes me made when I have physical limitations due to the hang or the sag when doing workout moves in yoga.

I am a working mom who is a super mom. I am hardly ever taking time for myself. Everyone always comes first. I seem to amaze my family and friends all the time with what I can do in a day! (I'm not bragging just painting a picture) having this surgery is probly the most selfish thing I have done. The cost of it and the recovery that will affect my family is what is the hardest for me to give in too. My husband and I have been together for 15 years and he is supportive and has no problems with this . I have a lot of friends who support me and a few who have already had it done.

My mom is staying with us for at least the first week, she isn't a fan of this procedure but supports my decision. She is my rock, I know she will be able to help me out while I am down. I am fortunate in that way..:) I would have to say the biggest issue for me is fighting myself with the what ifs about liking the results and what kind of impact it will have on my girls while I am healing. I know I deserve this, I have worked hard and know I can maintain the results. I just hope I am one of the ones that has a good turn out. I am Ready for this to be over.

Thanks Kim for the support. I really apreciate your kind words! I am getting so excited. The fear is subsidding . I have my pre- op next week excited to finally get the ball rolling... It will be more real once I pay and get my med's. Everytime I see my body I can't stop trying to imagine my outcome and results of how I am going to look. I have a great feeling about it! Yeah..:)

How nice you are doing this "just for you".  You deserve it and will love having the new body.

Your exercise routine will really help in your recovery.  Being physically fit and strong is a total help while recovering.  I will be following your journey.

Tomorrow 7:30 am is my turn..Yikes its here. I am...

Tomorrow 7:30 am is my turn..Yikes its here. I am excited and scared all in one. I am expecting the worst(pain), hoping for the best so maybe i will be greatly surprised and its not that bad?!
This has been an emotinal jouney the past few months once making this decison to have the TT. I no longer doubt my decision, i am ready to be on the other side healing.. Ladies wish me luck. I am thankful to have this site for refrence, i think i am more than prepared for this. I have made a GREAT friend "readyin idaho" that i will cherish forever. Thank you for sharing and opening up along this journey together. Tomorrow this time i will be on the other side..
good luck for tomorrow
You are going to look great! Best wishes for you today and throughout your recovery. :)

It has been 4 weeks since surgery and i am happy...

It has been 4 weeks since surgery and i am happy to say I am glad i did it. Its the best decision i have made for myself..ever! I was scared like many of us who joined this web site, but with all the support and guidance from everyone i can say it was a sucess and worth it. I was lucky in one way to be the "last " one to go in for my TT out of the January group and was able to gather a lot from everyones posts.
Here are the things i couldnt live without the first week - 10 days.... A recliner was a huge help (slept in it for 2 weeks), and wedge pillows for under your knees and to elevate your back ( once you are ready to get in your bed), a toilet seat riser so you didnt have to bend down far to sit and a walker( only need that the first week, but a huge help), herbal water pills for the bloating and swelling and bromoline. All of these items were advised by so many of the girls that with my anxiety waiting my turn i decided to get these supplies just in case, and thank god i did. My mom stayed with us for 2 week to help husband with the girls 3,6 and of corse me. Thank goodness for my mom and husband, they were great and helped me so much.
Another huge help was staying on a low sodium diet and no sugar and flour this past month during the healing stage. From lack of exercising and from swelling from the surgery, you will feel like a stuffed sausage if you are not careful with what you eat ( I found that out the hard way after eating Himilayan food 1 week Post op..awful). It has been a huge sucess having such a clean diet and to feel so good shortly after surgery. Dont get me wrong, my energy is still low. I returned back to work at day 15 and the first week was touch i was in bed at 8 pm and each week is getting better. I just exercised for the first time and i did a great walk/lite jog and it kicked my butt! cant wait to get back to the gym, hoping next week.
I have to say I am happy with my results, I am in complete amazment with my new body and the fact I have lost 11 pounds since surgery. I havent been this small in years.. I have nothing that fits me anymore, its as if i am wearing someone elses clothes. This is fun! I can not wait to go shopping, i have gone a little and everything looks great. Im going to need a second job to afford my new shopping habit. The BEST part of this all is i can wear a bikini for the very first time in my life this summer at the age of 40! yahoo... life is good..I feel like i died and woke up in some hot chicks body! lol
hi

you look great... did you get a lipo?
Hi Colie! Congrats on ur surgery, u really look good and I'm glad u got to enjoy ur Valentines day lol! (cute gift for the hubby), continue to keep us posted!

You look beautiful!

I am 6 months post op and feel wonderful. I am...

I am 6 months post op and feel wonderful. I am back to allmy normal workouts and routines. The only weird side effect is the numbness I have on my abdominal area. It feels weird to lay flat on my tummy because I can't feel anything. I am 100%happy with my results and feel it has been worth it. Especially this summer sporting my bikini. I'm thrilled!!
Hi again only 6 weeks to go. I cant wait to post my own story here
Coliecole, you look incredible!!!
Thank you. It's been the best thing I have done for my self ever!!

Feeling Great 10 months post op, will post...

Feeling Great 10 months post op, will post pictures soon..
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Dr Marcus is an amazing surgeon. He has a great bed side manner and is a true artisit. I am thrilled how he reshaped my body into the person i have worked so hard to be..my body finally reflects the efforts I make to be healthy and strong. I am 10 months post op from my Tummy Tuck surgery and never felt or looked better. I can't get over How strong my core is and how tight I feel. I have great posture now and feel so much taller. My scar is so low and perfect, you cant even see it in my string bikini. Wow, I didn't expect that but love it! There is NO other surgeon to consider for you Tummy Tuck, he really is the BEST!