Worth it!

I can't believe I did it. I researched for 6...

I can't believe I did it. I researched for 6 months and had 3 consults. I am 5'7 116 pounds. 39 years old. I have 5 kids and nursed for a total of 7 1/2 years. I chose Sientra textured shaped implants. 275cc left and 310cc right. I was so nervous before surgery. I was expecting to be in a ton of pain and totally helpless. My youngest is 15 months so I was really worried about not holding her. I'm 1 week and 1 day post op and I feel great. My recovery has been pretty easy considering what I was expecting. The first 2 days I felt tightness but no real pain except if I moved my arms too fast. My ps said to keep my arms close to my sides and try to move them as little as possible. I saw him 3 days post op and he told me to slowly start using my arms. I've had next to no discomfort on my left side but my right side is sore especially on the side. Morning boob is no joke! I do have major discomfort when I wake up. But once I get up and move around and massage a little it goes away. I'm still sleeping propped up which has been ok. I've slept really well so far. I am a back and side sleeper so that helps. I'm very happy with the size. They are just what I wanted. I look the same in clothes as I did when I wore my super padded bra. I'm so happy to get rid of all my old bras! I'm nervous posting this review with pictures but I've learned so much from everyone else's reviews that I feel it's my way to thank all the wonderful women out there. There isn't a whole lot of info on the shaped implants so I hope I can help with that too. After surgery my ps sent me home with no bra. He said they were right where he wanted them to be. He said I can now wear a non compression bra if I want. The hardest part of this experience has been taking it easy and moving slow. Thanks to all the beautiful women here that have posted reviews. I'm so grateful I found this website it had helped me so much :)

25 days post op

I'm almost a month post op and feel great. I'm 98% back to my normal. It's still uncomfortable to open and shut sliding doors, close the hatchback on the car, walk/jog but def getting better everyday. The girls are starting to get squishy and they are getting a little closer together. My pec muscles are slowly loosening and I can see more definition. My incisions are healing well. I was afraid to look at them for the first 2 weeks. I'm hoping once my boobs settle my scars will be more under my folds. My nipples are super sensitive especially my left. I still am getting zingers but they pass so quickly it's not too bad. I've been picking up and holding my 22 lbs baby since about day 13. I also started sleeping on my side for short periods around day 13 too. I can't stay on my side the whole night yet I start to get uncomfortable. I'm very happy so far. I wish I had done this sooner. I do sometimes think I should of gone just a little bigger. Hopefully as they soften and my muscles relax they will get a little bigger. I look at my before pics and I couldn't be happier. I love this community it has helped me so much!

7 1/2 weeks post op

Hi ladies. I'm almost 8 weeks post op. Things are going great. I saw my ps this week and he said everything looks good and I don't need to see him again for 4 months. He cleared me to wear any bra I want. He said if I wear a push-up or underwire to let the girls have a break after. All my swelling is gone and they've def dropped. My scars are now under my breast fold. My only complaint is that they're far apart but that is just the way I'm built. I don't mind em being far apart it's just I miss the swelling cuz I didn't look so bony when I was swollen. My doc said he could do fat transfer to my cleavage but I think I'll wait and see. Other than that I absolutely love em. They're soft and squishy. I feel like they are truly mine. I was worried before surgery that they'd feel weird. I went to VS and was sized at 32D/32DD. I think they're generous with their sizing. Last time I posted I was questioning if I should of gone bigger and I can say now I'm so happy I didn't. In the last couple weeks my pec muscles have loosened up so much and my skin has stretched and they seem bigger. I'm back to doing everything like before surgery with no issues. The only time I feel uncomfortable is when I push myself up with my arms. I can feel my muscle tighten up. My ps said that it will get better with time. I'm so thankful to this site and all the beautiful women here who share their stories and offer words of encouragement. I've relied on this site so much throughout this journey.

10 Weeks

I'm 10 1/2 weeks post. Things are going good. I'm noticing my left side is a little lower than my right. My right side has the bigger implant. Hopefully it evens out. I still get the occasional zinger but nothing too bad. I also still have tightness/pulling in my pecs when I do certain things. Like resting my elbows on the table or reaching behind my head when lying down. Scars are healing nicely still haven't used anything on them. I'm still not comfortable wearing bras. I bought one at Victoria Secret (32D) but it's too tight. I've been wearing bralettes, bandeaus & sports bras or going with out. Honestly going without is most comfy right now. Boobies are getting softer. I'm hoping they soften up even more. It's crazy how fast and slow time goes! It feels like my surgery was so long ago. I was a total mess before surgery. I was worried about everything! So glad that's behind me. To be honest I didn't think I'd go thru with it. I'm so glad I did it and have no regrets. I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton of helpful info. If you have any questions please ask. I'm a bit scatterbrained with all my kids home for summer vacation.

Left lower?

My daughter took these for me. Does my left (your right) look lower?

15 weeks

Hi. I'm really happy with my results. Definitely happy I did it. I was so scared and worried about recovery but I can honestly say it wasn't bad. I feel like it was so long ago too. At Victoria Secret I wear a 32D or DD but pretty much everywhere else I'm a 32C. I don't like how vs bras fit. They are honestly too big and heavy. After all my swelling subsided I thought I should of gone bigger but I'm happy I didn't. My surgeon really listened to me and he gave me exactly what I asked for. I was worried they were going to stay firm but they are really squishy. My hubby says they feel real. Hope everyone is doing well.

Photos

6 Months Post

Hi. I can't believe its been over 6 months from my surgery. My implants feel like a part of me. They are super soft and jiggly. They feel natural. My muscles have fully relaxed and I don't get little twinges of pain anymore. Due to my anotomy my breasts sit far apart on my chest. I wonder if I'd chosen round implants or hp if they would be closer together. The size is modest and exactly what I asked for. When I feel they are too small I look at my before pictures. I'm very happy with my results. My only regret is not doing it sooner.

New pictures

These are for thenew45 or anyone interested in how shaped implants look lying on your back or side.
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon