Rhinoplasty for Broken/deviated Nose

I have always been self conscious of my...

I have always been self conscious of my broken/deviated nose and I finally decided it was time to take care of it. I had my nose straightened 3 weeks ago.

I had rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago and have noticed that in the morning my nose is super swollen and then by the end of the night very thin. The process repeats itself everyday. I have read that this morning swelling may nver go away. Is this true? Is morning swelling normal and if so, when will it end as at night i feel like its almost all the way gone. PS. I had my nose broken and straightened as it was deviated and mildy rasped at the top. Thanks!!

I am 6 months post-op. And everyday I wake up with bloated nose. Don't know whether it is full of blood or water. It turns fine late at night. I am really worried.
I had rhinoplasty four weeks ago yesterday and my nose tip is swollen a lot in the morning. It seems to be worse the last couple of day as I am retaining water anyway. I am going to try sleeping with my head elevated a bit tonight. It's going to be a long few months as this swelling thing is frustrating. I knew it would be, but living it is entirely different. I'm a coffee drinker (a natural diuretic) and my swelling goes down early in the day, but still swollen much more than it was at week 2.
I had my surgery about 4 months ago, and it took me about 3 and 1/2 months for the fluctuating swelling to completely stop, although my nose still has some subtle swelling. It's a long process, just hang in there. Good luck.
swelling is the worst part of recovery. all doctors under promoting the significance of swelling. the truth is, no one knows when will that ends, but it can take years for sure...
I'm in the exact same situation as you. 3 Weeks ago I had my bridge narrowed(fractured the bone) and deviated septum fixed. Every morning I wake up it's really swollen, and it swells up when it's hot. The swelling goes down down at the end of the day, and when it's cold out. I read that this could take a year to disappear completely. I suggest sleeping with your head up straight, this helps the swelling. Good luck.
yes exactly, it swells with sleeping and heat. I really hope this doesnt take a year! I can deal with swelling, but not this fluctuating kind...where the process starts over again for the beginning every morning. ugh I guess we just hang in there? -Kena