Not Bad at All! - Santa Monica, CA

I have a very round face and double chin. I live a...

I have a very round face and double chin. I live a pretty healthy lifestyle and am not overweight but the stubborn fat around my face remains. My mom had it when she was younger so it is genetic. I'm in my early twenties but am very insecure about it and decided to get mesotherapy with laser skin tightening after a recommendation from a friend. I had it done today and it was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I read all of the reviews on here and got freaked out by some of the bad experiences people have had with it. I told the physician before I got it done about some of the bad reactions I had read about on here and she told me that in many places it is unknown what exactly is put into the syringe and they will load it up with too many hormones, etc. She said that she uses a very low dosage and that none of her clients have ever had bad reactions. She also said that the chin is the easiest place to do it.

I'm totally freaked out by needles and pain so I opted for the numbing cream. I barely felt the injections at all. It probably took a minute and a half for the injections and she did about six. Afterwards she used a laser for skin tightening and that was painless. She used the laser for about six minutes and it got a little hot after a while which was a little uncomfortable but it wasn't bad. I had barely any swelling and no itching like others have reported. I am a little sore in the area now and it hurts when I turn my head too quickly. I thought I would need to bandage the area up and ice it but she said it wasn't really necessary and that if I wanted to do it I could. I still need to give it about a week to see the full results so I will update then. But I guess it really does depend on the place you get it done and the area you are doing it in. I'm a huge wuss when it comes to stuff like this and on a scale through 1 to 10 - 10 being absolutely horrific - I would rate the experience a 2.

Hi rosey,

It's been 5 days just curios how everything is going and hoping that you still have a worth it rating.

Thanks,

-Britt

Sorry for the late update. It's been twelve days...

Sorry for the late update. It's been twelve days and I still have a little bit of soreness under my chin. It's nothing major but it is tender when I push on it. I don't see a huge difference but a very slight change. It seems my jawline looks a little more pronounced. I was told in my consultation that I would need 3 to 6 treatments to see noticeable results and it seems that mesotherapy is something you have to keep up with. Anyway, I'm happy I gave it a try and will probably go in for another treatment in a few months.
Beauty Park Spa