Upper and Lower Lift + a Tighten-up - Santa Monica, CA

In addition to the upper and lower lift, the...

In addition to the upper and lower lift, the doctor performed a mini cheek lift while she was doing the uppers. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I was tired of my mother telling me how tired I looked but, more than that, I was tired of looking older than I felt.

The entire process went very smoothly and they worked with me to accommodate my schedule for an event I didn't want to miss. I think her office staff could do a little better at follow-up, but their kind and cheerful nature was amazing, not to mention providing me with some extra tips.

I found the frozen peas to do the best job at reducing the swelling. I tried the gel eye masks, but they didn't seem to hold the cold as effectively and, since I have a large head, they applied too much pressure on my eyes. I also bought a wedge pillow from a large home and bath chain store which helped to keep my head elevated. I had only one tiny spot of bruise under one eye one week after surgery. There is still some very minor residual swelling under both eyes but I'm amazed at how quickly I'm returning to normal.

I look a bit different than waaay back when, but after looking at some pictures taken 20 years ago, I've had sagging eyelids and dark circles for ages. Lord knows what I would have looked like without them, so I'm very pleased with the outcome.

Santa Monica Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dr. Low has a great bedside manner and is very outgoing and congenial. When I went in for a consultation, I felt like I was her only patient all day. She kindly answered my long list of questions and I was extremely satisfied and at ease in making my decision. She's also the Chief of Ophthalmic Surgery at St. John's Hospital and is a professor at UCLA. I can't recommend her enough. A real professional.