Good Morning All! I found this wonderful website...

Good Morning All! I found this wonderful website while researching about breast reduction. A little information about me: I'm 24 years old, 5'2 and have a small athletic build. I served in the Army and kept up with weight lifting/working out after the fact. I weigh between 140lbs - 145lbs and my breasts (the last time I had them sized - March 2012) was a 38DDD (I'm sure they're bigger now, I plan on getting them sized again before my surgery). I currently live in Germany, so I just try them (bras) on and if they fit, I buy them. Anyway, approximately four months ago, I seriously started looking into having a breast reduction. If you ask anyone who knows me or has heard of me; I'm referred to as "The girl with the big boobs." I HATE that. I don't want to only be associated with my breasts. Smh. Lol. Well, one day I was working out and was doing an exercise that was just awkward because of my huge boobs. Well, that was the last straw. I contacted several surgeons (both here in Germany and in the US) and came across Dr. Steven Teitelbaum in Santa Monica, CA. I conducted further research, scheduled phone interviews, Skype sessions and everything you could think of. Well, after talking to Dr. Steven Teitelbaum, I knew I found a winner! After the consultation, we scheduled for me to have my surgery on Tuesday, January 7th, 2014. I'm beyond excited! Today is exactly three weeks and two days before my surgery and I couldn't be any happier! I get online nearly every other day and read stories from females that have gone through with it and their individual experiences. It's hard to believe that I will be one of them!! My surgery cost $12,500 and will be done in Santa Monica, CA. I looked up Dr. Teitelbaum and have read outstanding reviews about him. When I talked to him and showed him my breasts, he was honest, comforted me and answered all of my questions in regards to the surgery. I will post a few "pre-op" photos and continue to update this as I continue on with my journey. Aside from that; I just want to thank all of the beautiful women out there who have written reviews and have posted their photos online with the details of what they went through! It truly has been helpful and has answered a few questions I did have before talking to the surgeon! :-)

Nervous*

As the time dwindles down, I find myself getting more and more nervous! I know that this is normal, but I'm having all of those "what if" thoughts. Agh!

Questions*

Hey everyone! First and foremost, I want to thank everyone who has provided me with words of encouragement and positivity! It truly is appreciated.. I do have a few questions though. I am planning to ask my surgeon at my pre-op appointment, but figured I would post them here so I can get a jist of what he'll say..

How many surgical bras should I get?
(I ask because I live in Germany and figured it would just be easier to buy them while I'm in the states. It's obviously easier for me to purchase them in the US since I have more of a selection.)

How soon after the surgery can I wear a regular sports bra?
(Any tips or advice on specific brands to get?)

Gym. Is six months enough time to jump back into the gym 110%?
(By this, I mean full on running and weight lifting twice a day. Obviously I want to allow my body to heal, but I don't want to "over-do" it and just become fat & lazy.. )

Sex. Yes, I'm going to ask. How soon after the surgery did any of you have sex?
(It'll be two weeks after the surgery when I see my bf and I know he wouldn't be able to grab them and whatnot..).

Scar Cream/Treatment. Are there any specific brands that I should be on the lookout for? Should I purchase them now or wait until after my surgery?

Hmmm. I think that's about it for now. I got an email from the surgical nurse yesterday, telling me that we're good to go and just waiting for the day!! :-)

Ps; posted some more pre-op photos I found on my laptop. I'm definitely looking forward to my post-op photos!!

Driving*

One of the questions I had was in regards to driving. How soon after the surgery can I drive? I have a flight back to Germany exactly six days post-op. I only ask because I don't want to be an inconvenience on any of my family members since they already have to take care of me throughout the week..

Excited*

I can't wait to get the surgery done and over with and start my recovery period! Here's another photo I found displaying my H-U-G-E boobs.

Miderma vs. Bio-Oil*

So, I went to the PX yesterday in Wiesbaden and was looking around for some face wash. Well, long behold.. I found some Miderma AND Bio-Oil. Needless to say, I was afraid that if I didn't get it then, I wouldn't be able to find it when I get back from California. So I bought them both. Has anyone had any negative side affects from either of these products? Does anyone prefer to use one vs the other? I bought both because I figured, why not? I don't mind spending the money and I've heard great things about the both of them..

Pre-Op Photos*

Agh! ..I've been putting off updating my photos.. But here they are, my pre-op photos. Can't wait until I'm post-op!!

The time is flying!

In a little over a week I'll be having the breast reduction! I'm sooooo excited, nervous, anxious and everything else you can think of! Thank you ladies so much for commenting and providing me with advice and words of encouragement!! :) I'll definitely keep you all updated as I progress towards the surgery!

Getting Nervous!

Can't believe this time next week I'll be starting my "recovery" process!!! :)

Few more days!!

I can't believe the time has finally come!! I'm soooo excited! Only two more days and I fly out of Germany and into California for the surgery!! :)

Time to fly!

Heading out of Germany and into California!!! :)

Delay.

I was delayed 5 hours from Frankfurt into Philly and missed my connecting flight into LA. But at least US Airways put me up in a hotel. Lol. They booked us all for rooms in the Hilton. So in approximately three hours, I should be on my way to LA.

Delay Delay Delay!

Is it me or is my trip just going awry? My flight out of Philly was delayed. Smh. So I've officially missed my pre-op appointment. I emailed the surgical nurse to inform her of my delay.. Thank goodness for wifi though. Lol. I'm in the air as I type this. Figured I would update it and let you all know what's going on :) oh and I took a few new "pre-op" photos, but I'll add those later.

Pre-Op Appointment!

So I made it safe and sound into California. I met with my surgeon and let me be the first to tell you, he's AMAZING! He answered all of my questions, gave me tips and advice on the recovery period and before we even began talking about the procedure, he began by building rapport and getting to know me.. Asking me questions about me/my life/interests, etc.

Anyway, after examining my breasts he said that I will probably be somewhere near a C or D. He said the natural shape of my breasts will help the outcome and he doesn't see it being a problem, etc. definitely something I needed to hear to calm my nerves.

Anyway, I took some pre-op photos before I left Philadelphia. See attached. Oh and that small red area is just a scratch. Smh. Lol.

Oh and my surgery is tomorrow at 1000. I'm so excited!! Good luck to my BR sisters out there who await surgery, are in the recovery period or even thinking about it.

Oh and since I'm in California and such a fan... GO SEMINOLES!!!!!!! :)

One last night w/DDD's.

Heading to bed, tomorrow is the big day!! :)

Today is the day!!

It's 0525 and we're getting ready to head out. I'll see you all on the smaller side!

I'm back!

It's been two hours since I came home from the surgery. I'm really tired and hungry. My aunt bought me dinner so I could take my meds, drink water and head to bed. I'm uncomfortable and that's about it. Really sleepy. I'll be heading to bed after this. Thank you all for your words of encouragement! It is definitely appreciated!

More pre/post of pics.

I'll for sure give a detailed description once I'm more alert, not so doped up .. And just relaxed.

1 Day Post-Op

Good morning everyone! I ate dinner last night, drank three bottles of water and passed out! But I was up a few times in the middle of the night (most likely because I'm ONLY a side/stomach sleeper). Lol.

Boy let me tell you. Looking at other females with big breasts.. I always wondered whether or not their backs would hurt. Because it didn't with me. It was more awkward and caused issues when I was working out in the gym or running.

I know they're still bandaged up.. But I already feel the difference in my posture (standing straighter) and they look smaller!!! This definitely has been an amazing journey! I'll upload pictures of me in the surgical bra.

2-Days Post Op.

Everything went well, the surgeon said my breasts were beautiful and definitely loves what he did with them! That made my day. And I looked at them when they changed the dressings. Oh man. I'm in love!!!!! Well, I'm tired so I'm going to take a nap and update my experience when I get up. Good luck dolls.

2-Days Post Op Photos.

Before & After Photo.

I LOVE my new boobs!! :-)

Mt surgery.

On January 5th I flew from Frankfurt, Germany into Los Angeles, California. I had my pre-op appointment and met with Dr. Teitelbaum. He addressed any and all concerns I had. He told me to head home, drink a lot of water and to stop eating after midnight. So once we were done there, my family and I went to dinner at Cheesecake Factory. Yummy!! :-) Because of my flight and the time difference, I had no problems heading to bed. Lol.

The morning of the surgery, my aunt and I woke up and got ready around 0500. (We had a three hour drive north due to traffic). I called my bf at 0600 to talk yo him before my surgery and he went to bed. He wished me luck and told me he loved me and not to go "too small." Lol. So then we began our journey to Santa, Monica.

They took me back around 0945 and asked me a few questions and to sign a few forms. After about 20 minutes, the surgeon came in, we talked about how I was feeling, he marked me up and took some photos. The anesthesiologist came in and told me what to expect. They invited my aunt back to stay with me before they rolled me in. A little after noon, I walked into the OR, layed down and they insert some needles into my arm, put a blanket over me and started askin me about Germany. The next thing I remember is waking up to someone saying "Tianna. Hello? Tiannnnnnna." Lol. I woke up FREEZING & shaking. The two nurses that were in the OR before I fell asleep were in the recovery room with me as we'll they asked me how I was feeling and I told them that my throat felt raw, I was cold and in pain. She asked me how much and I said 7. So she gave me more meds and the next thigh I remember is one of the nurses helping me dress and put on my pants. They wheeled me downstairs to my aunts car and we went home.

My poor aunt, I was in and out of conscience the whole car ride. When we got home, I told her I was hungry. She made me dinner, I drank two and a half water bottles, took my pills and passed out. Lol.

This morning, I had my post-op appointment. Dr Teitelbaum and all of the nurses insisted on continuously telling me I had "beautiful breasts" lol. So my aunt and I went back into the room and the nurse helped me take off my bra. Let me tell you, I fell instantly in love with my new boobs!!! They're so high and perky and just the right side. (I definitely need to hit the gym x10 harder to slim down some). Lol. But he said I looked great. Minimal bruising and honestly, it's more or less just being uncomfortable instead of being in pain.

Another part of the experience is the Ambiene. Oh man. I took it and was hallucinating about everything. Not to mention talking in my sleep. Lol. My aunt thinks that's funny!

Anyway, I fly out of here on the 14th and I'm pretty optimistic about everything. I'm ecstatic about the results too! I can't wait to see my bf and show him!!

We'll I think that's about it in regards to my experience. If you have any more questions, please let me know!! :-)

Also, thank you all so much for the words of encouragement!!! It has definitely helped me throughout this whole process.

If you're think about the surgery, don't hesitate, just do it. I just started the recovery process and I feel like a million bucks! The change is crazy and just unremarkable!

Ps, if there are any misspelled words, it's because I'm on my iPad. Lol.

Questions.

When should I start icing them? And messaging? Thanks everyone!!

Bikini Before & After.

Measured*

So I know I shouldn't have, but I couldn't help myself. My best friend and I went to VS and they measured me at a 38D. I went from DDD to a D. And that's with swelling!!! I'm so excited to see them when the swelling goes down!

For the last two days, I haven't been taking any pain pills.. Just 1-2 Extra Strength Tylenol. I haven't had much pain, just random jolts here and there but it's all tolerable.

I also took all of your advice and bought some Genie Bras. You were right, so very comfortable!!! I still have the gauze on both sides, but it doesn't bother me much. I'll post pictures later.

I also took a shower today (finally able to). It was ok. I got really tired after washing my hair. Lol. So I may just go to a salon tomorrow :)

Hmm.. What else? I also pooped today! Lol. My surgeon said if I didn't poop today I'd have to come back in. Lol. So I was ecstatic to go. Hahaha.

I still feel bloated/fat.. But I hope that passes quickly. Lol.

Anyway. That's all I have for now. I'll update more as it happens :)

Can't sleep.

I still can't believe I was a DDD. Smh. Lol. I love my new boobs!!!

Leaking?

So my left boob is oozing and bleeding.. And the both of them are bruising more. Any advice? I still have the gauze on it under my bra..

Questions.

I go back to see my PS on Monday. I still can't get over how good they look. I'm obsessed! Haha. Thank you ladies so much for the words of encouragement and advice!!!

Taking a shower is definitely a chore. I feel like a gorilla since I can't shave! Lol. Hahaha. I haven't been able to shave my legs since I went into surgery on Tuesday. Lol. Today I'm going to the hair salon to get my hair washed and whatnot.

Picture.

This is what the gauze looks like.

Feeling Better..

Just lounging around on the couch. Lol. Not in any pain today and the oozing is minimal.

Steri Strips.

So.. All of them are still on, but man they're itching. I seriously want to take them off since the bottom of my left breast oozes and the steri strip pretty much just hangs there. I really want to take them all of. Agh.

Right VS Left.

So my right breast is definitely healing faster than my left. My right breast is softer and taking it's own shape whereas my left side is still harder and more "implant'ish" looking. Lol. Agh. I'll post pics tomorrow.

Update*

So.. It's been almost a week now. Here are some photos I've taken just now. Sorry I haven't completely kept up with this. I've been spending time with my family. Anyway, the pain is minimal and I've also had minimal bruising.

Bye Bye California!

I'm on my way back to Germany! Hopefully the flights aren't too hectic.

Strips finally came off!!!

Oh the relief! I'm very optimistic of the scarring now that I've seen my boobs. My skin is definitely irritated where the tape was.. But I can't complain. Oh and I forgot to mention earlier, but I have full sensation in both nipples. :) My left breast is still "implant'ish" and full/swollen and my right has already started softening.

Changes*

Beyond happy!

Just because.. I can't get over how small they are! :)

13 Days P.O

So it's been 13 days Post Operation. It's 0129 here in Germany and I can't sleep.. So I figured I would update my RealSelf profile. Here are the changes that have occurred throughout the past 13 days:

-I can finally sleep on my side/stomach (started to 7 days PO). Every now and then it gets uncomfortable and I'll turn to my back or the other side and feel better.

-I have zingers every now & then when I overly reach for something or stretch too much. Usually when they occur, I'll stop doing whatever I'm doing and rub my breast until it stops (I know, it's probably mental.. But it makes me feel better).

-The swelling has completely diminished (at least I think so). The right began softening and taking shape between 5-8 days PO and the left began 10-13 days PO.

-The bruising has always been minimal and nearly all gone (YAY!)

-Seeing what has happened within the past 13 days, I'm VERY optimistic about scarring.

-I started applying Mederma gel yesterday.. We'll see what happens.

-I iced the first week on and off.. I no longer feel the need for it.

-I took Vitamin C tablets (1000mg) a day, every day starting two weeks before surgery and ending a week after. I really think this helped a lot!!

-I never really got nauseous throughout the whole process. (Lucky me!)

-My first shower was 3 Days PO and every shower since then becomes easier and easier. My nipples are sensitive, but aside from that.. No problems here.

Anyway, it's a quarter to 0200.. I'm going to attempt to get some rest. I'll respond to you ladies tomorrow. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! I want to help any and all women who are considering or going through this process as well!! Xoxoxo.

Changes.

Here are the photos in a collage so you can see the changes more clearly.

So..

I am exactly two weeks Post Operation today. I have a questions for you ladies..

Should I still wear my compression bra to bed? Or any bra rather?

I ask because my compression bra is no longer comfortable and rides up and rubs on my incisions :-(

When I had the surgery, the surgical nurse sad I only had to wear a bra 100% of the time for the first week or so. And to be honest, if it were up to me.. I'd rather not wear a bra to bed. Lol. (Don't worry, I've been wearing a bra 100% of the time since the surgery).

Thanks for all of the advice and words of encouragement! :-)

18 Days PO.

Hey everyone! These past two-three days my breasts have definitely been itch'n!! Agh!! I also woke up this morning lying straight on my stomach.. I wasn't in pain or anything... Until I got to work. I checked my breasts and both of them were swollen and bruised. Ahhhhhh! No bueno for me. Smh! I'm usually good about sleeping on my back/side.. But my bf is out of town on a softball tournament so it was just me in bed.. I definitely learned my lesson! (Going to make a pillow fort when I'm alone. Lol). Anyway, I just woke up from a nap and they're feeling x10 times better!! :-)

Before & After (18 Days PO).

Wow. Crazy to think a little more than two weeks ago I had huge boobs! Every day, it becomes easier and easier to accept the fact that I have smaller boobs. No more "wishful thinking" ..

YIKES! HELP!!!!

I have this stitch poking out and it's so irritated/irritating. Agh. I don't know what to do. Help? I posted a picture of what it looks like. Sorry, it isn't the best picture.. It's the best I could take. Lol.

26 Days PO!!

So here's an update ladies. Sorry for the late update, I've been kind of busy with work.

Today is my 26th Day PO! Every few days or so, I'll have zingers, but that's about it. My scars are fading everyday and very smooth.

In my last post, I spoke about my stitches coming to surface. Well, I emailed my surgeon and he told me that it was ok to snip/pull them. I tried to pull, but was unsuccessful. So I ended up cutting them with small fingernail clippers. Since I've cut them, my skin is smooth and I haven't felt any new ones breaking the surface.

I've uploaded pictures with this post. On my left & right breast photos, you'll see a small scan on both breasts.. That is where the stitches were poking out. I put Neosporin on it and they've closed up.

Tuesday (February 4th) makes 4 weeks Post Op... Exactly ONE MONTH! I'm so grateful and happy that I decided to go through with the surgery! I feel as if my breasts suit my body type so much better!!

I swore I was going to start eating healthy, etc after the surgery.. But I'll have to admit.. I haven't. I'm going to begin a vegan/all greens cleanse next week.. So that's a step in the right direction.

I went to the gym last week for two days.. I pushed myself a little harder than I should have because on the third day, I was quite sore. I didn't go back again.. Lol. And before any of you tell me to "relax" .. Don't worry, my boyfriend yelled at me and told me to continue to take it easy! Lol. I couldn't have done this without him. He's been so supportive and always encouraging me to be a better me!

I hope all of you ladies are doing well. Thank you for your continued advice and encouragement! :-)

Off to work I go. Lol.

Happy ONE month to me!!!

4 weeks PO and doing amazing! I hit the gym today, feeling amazing!!

Question for you ladies though:

How far into your PO have you ladies started hitting the gym at a regular rate? My bf and I used to go every day M-F and off on the weekends. We lift, run and do core. Obviously I haven't been able to lately.. Jw when it would be safe enough for me to start lifting (light obviously) again.

Thanks for the advice ladies!!!

..forgot to ask:

When is it safe to start running again? :-)

So..

Haven't had much zingers or pain within the past few days. I think I'm finally hitting the median within the recovery process. I can sleep fine on my side/stomach and they don't ache or anything! :-)

Nearly 5 weeks PO!

I can't believe I'm nearly 5 weeks PO! Where has the time gone?? :-)

Anyway, a lot of you have been asking whether or not I have been using any type of scar treatment. I have been using Mederma once a day. When my stitches started poking through, I put Neosporin around the area that had stitches come through and Mederma around everything else. I'll post some recent photos of my breasts later today after work.

I hope you are all doing well!! :-)

Picture Update!!

Hey ladies! Here is a picture update of my boobies! :-)

Nearly 5 weeks PO!

Sports Bra..

Do any of you have any advice on what type/brand to order?? Thanks! :-)

HELP!

Has anyone encountered this before? (Pictures attached). It doesn't hurt, but I can tell the difference between the left VS right side. I'm kind of nervous =/

...

Sorry. I didn't mean the nipple color. But the scar around the nipple. If you look at the right VS left.. You can tell the distinct difference. I have feeling in both nipples.. Jw why the left scar looks like that, yet the right one is practically clean cut..

6 Weeks PO!

I went to get some bras today! I was measured at 38C! I love it!!!! :-)

7 weeks.

Love the way they look without a bra!!

10 Weeks PO!!

Sorry for the delay, I've been super busy lately. Here are some current pictures.. I am pleased to say, I've started lifting weights again and running.. I have NO PAIN whatsoever! I feel amazing!! :-)

11 Weeks PO.

Here is an update photo :)

12 Weeks PO.

I feel amazing! Went shopping today and bought new bikinis for summer!!! :-)

13 Weeks P.O.

Nothin much to report. Still no pain whatsoever. The scars seem to be fading more and more every day. I attached a picture of my bra collection! I'm obsessed!! I can finally get cute bra/panties that match!!! :-)

Thank You!!!

Thank all of you beautiful women for the compliments and advice. You guys are amazing. Thanks for the encouragement and real life stories. If anyone out there wants to ask about my journey or has questions about the surgery, please feel free to message me or comment below. Good day all :-)

Scars Update!

Ladies, because I haven't uploaded a recent picture of my scars.. Here they are. Hope you're all having a great day! :-)

Bought a dress!

Team No-Bra! :-)
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Too cool...and BEAUTIFUL ! :-DSuzy
btw where did you buy your bikinis? they look so great :) I can`t wait to wear underwire but the dr. said to wait at least 4 months :(
Thank you!! I bought my bikinis from H&M :-)
You look so amazing!!!!! I'm so excited for you to have had such a great experience!!! :)) yay!!! Bra shopping is now fun!!! ;-P haha
Thank you so much Tamjoy! Yes, bra shopping is so much fun!!! :-) I can try on new bras ALL DAY LONG. Haha. My poor bf. Lol.
hi Sister date :) you look so great :) I will post pictures of mine soon soon :) how was it the first time your bf touched it? My hubby did it yesterday and it was funny because he seems not comfy lol I made fun of him because he did think I was in pain
Lol @ your bf. My bf didn't seem to react any differently. He still lives them. Hahaha. Post your pics! I hope your recovery is going as smoothly! :-)
Ooh looking great, do you find the wires in the bra hurts? I'm only 4 weeks post but I tried one on and it was really uncomfortable, I'm more than happy to stick to non wired bras :)
Yes! Four weeks in, I still couldn't wear a regular bra w/a wire. It wasn't until recently (weeks 11-13) that I could wear a regular bra (w/wire) comfortably. I hope this helps. No worries, you'll be able to wear one soon enough.. It's just a matter of recovering and taking care of yourself! :-) Happy Healing!!!
You are wearing my dream size and they look so much better on you then they would on me. Great results - enjoy your beautiful new bras.
Thank - You for Posting your Review and Pics. Your Results are Fantastic ! It's so NICE - to feel like a new Person !
yes, i can't stop buying bras and I am not even ready for wires yet
great result your scars are almost invisible enjoy the new body
Too cool!!! Gonna be a great summer...and rest of your life! HUGS :-DSuzy
Mammoplecstasy!!!!
Wow, great scar fading!!!
Thanks for sharing so much! I am encouraged to get to the 6-7 week post op point so I can work out again!
It'll go by so quick! :-) ..you're almost there!
Superb result, you have a lovely figure with everything in proportion
Thank you!! :-)
looking good sister date :)
Thank you! :-)
Outstanding cutie! Continued great progress. Take care, HUGS :-DSuzy
Thanks! You too!! :-)
Hey I can't believe its been 7 weeks since your op! I remember the day haha. You're looking so good, I can tell you're so happy :) When your stitches came through, did they hurt? I have one at the moment and it hurts!