Had Total FX Today! - Santa Cruz, CA

I've been putting this off and finally decided...

I've been putting this off and finally decided to go for it. The treatment was pretty tolerable in my opinion. I read some comments from other people who made it seem absolutely horrifying. But I realize it's all in your attitude. They first put numbing cream on my face for about 20-30 minutes. I was offered a sedative and Vicodin. I didn't take the sedative, and only took the Vicodin because my back was hurting. After that, she (my doctor) did the deep laser treatment. It felt like a tweezer plucking my face little by little. The areas around my mouth and forehead were most sensitive. Then she changed the laser head to the other laser. This one was about the same, but it was more like a brushing of hot tweezers, not individual "pricks" like the first one. I was asked if I wanted to take any breaks at any time and I said "no". It was quick, but not painless. Part of it was enjoyable, part of it was "owie", but I sucked it up because my results should be fantastic!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Sacramento Oculoplastic Surgeon

Well, I don't have my results yet...I will keep posting on here to update. My doctor was excellent in every way possible. Took time, never in a hurry, answered questions, caring, knowledgeable, 20 years of experience and teachers at Stanford on how to use lasers.