It's Worth the Try!! - Santa Cruz , California

I was prescribed tretinoin 0.025% (generic for...

I was prescribed tretinoin 0.025% (generic for retin-a) for mild adult acne that just started to develop about 6 months ago.My biggest problem was on my right jaw and forehead. I use it everynight 30 minutes after washing my face. It's been 1 w/and 3 days now, and so far so good. The second day I woke up, I was able to notice some difference on the pimples I had when I started this treatment. By the third day my face glowed and had no active pimples and haven't had one since. On the 4th day my face did feel hot like I had a sunburn, but still used it that night. Right now it's no longer red but sometimes when I wash my face in the shower my fingers are left with white flakes coming from my cheek area I'm not sure if it's dead skin cells or what? But it's nothing major or else I would have stopped. The hardest part of it is washing your face at night, and not being able to put nothing of moisturizer sucks your can feel your face crying out for help. But overall it's been a good experience and I still have a long way to go.

Its good to hear you are already seeing a reduction in acne in such a short time. Are you using any other medications to fight the acne, or was Retin-A the only thing you changed?

p.s. Don't forget to buy a good sunblock & wear it daily, especially since we are heading into Spring!

I'm so happy this is working for me. I just turned 30 and never had acne before so when my jaw started to breakout and had about 3 whiteheads at a time and new ones would come out when the other pimples would dry out, I knew I had to get help. My regimen before getting acne was just a good moisturizer at night from Olay and sunblock in the morning. But never used a facewash. Or really much worried about my face until my acne came along that's when I realize how lucky I had been all this time. So please anybody out there with acne or signs of starting to get acne go to a doctor or dermatologist. DO NOT WAIT , cause I think the longer u wait the harder it is to get Acne-free Now in the morning I wash my face with Liquid Neutrogena fragrance-free then I apply a (timewise) age-fighting moisturizer then (timewise) day solution sunscreen spf 25 from MaryKay . Then at night I wash my face with Neutrogena fragrance-free and then apply the retin a 30 min. latter.

Wow, you were lucky to have never dealt with Acne before! I'm glad this has gotten it under control for you. Please keep us updated on how it is working - its so helpful to hear how things work in the long run. :)