Surgery Date Scheduled - Santa Clarita, CA

Well...I did it. I put the deposit down for my TT...

Well...I did it. I put the deposit down for my TT with lipo to flanks and inner and outter thighs today. I am scheduled for surgery October 3rd. Here are my stats: I am 45 years old, 5'9" and weigh 178 lbs. The only time I have weighed this much is when I was 9 months pregnant. Hoping to get down to at least 160 by my surgery date. An ideal weight for me is 145 but I don't know if I can get there in time and if I can maintain it.

I am so sick of not liking the way my tummy/flanks look. It is the first place my eyes go when I look in the mirror. I use to have a nice body when I was younger. Why oh why didn't I take the time to look at myself naked then? Does that sound nuts??

Kimmers post, blogs and list have been so helpful. I have been visiting this site since November when I got serious about having surgery. Been wanting to this for years. This is the year.

Can someone run me through what their experience...

Can someone run me through what their experience was on the of surgery? I am interested in hearing what the day was like before they put you under for surgery. I feel like the more I know what to the expect the less nervous I will be.

Thanks!

Ladies I am on the fence big time about having...

Ladies I am on the fence big time about having lipo done to my inner and outer thighs. I am scared of the pain and recovery swelling. Not to mention if I have lipo done to my flanks and thighs and if I gain weight where will it go? My bottom?? I don't want a bigger fanny.

Plus I know swelling is going to be an issue. From what I understand it can last for months and months.

Can those of you who have had lipo done please let me know how your recovery went and if you are pleased with your results?

Thank you!
Dr. Hu

I had the lipo on my outer upper thighs, hips and booty.  Happy with the results but it did hurt.  It felt like a bad sunburn and the swelling lasted for about 4 months in those areas.

I carry my fat on my inner thighs and I would be afraid to have lipo done there.  I would worry that the skin wouldn't retract and that it would look saggy and hanging without the fat.  Just my opinion though.  Each person has different skin elasticity.

Here are a couple of links with some information on Skin Elasticity and liposuction

Loose Skin after Liposuction

This is how my surgery day went:

1.  Checked in the Surgery Center at 6:30 am.

2.  Nurse took me back to a pre op room at 7:00 am and had me change into a gown.

3.  She then came back in and took my vitals, asked a few questions about health history, allergies, put an IV in and asked what I was having done.  I then signed a release form.

4.  The Anesthesiologist then came in to meet me and asked questions about allergies, if I get sick from anesthesia, if I was feeling anxious,  He assured me that everything was going to be ok and that he would take good care of me.

5.  At 7:30 am my doctor then came in and talked to me for a while and made all of the markings on my body.   I felt like a human Etch A Sketch.

6.  Once I was all marked up the nurse came in gave me warm blankets and happy meds in my IV.  Oh my gosh it felt warm and wonderful.  I had the warn am fuzzies all over and not a care in the world.

7.  At 8:00 am they then wheeled me into the OR and that is the last thing I remember.  I then work up in a step down recovery.  The nurse was spoon feeding me ice chips.  My tummy hurt when I woke up bu they quickly gave me more meds.

I get a little nuts with medications and it takes me longer to come around.  I was at the Surgery Center until 6:30 that night and then went home.

Wear comfy clothes and slip on shoes to the hospital.
Good luck ! We are exactly the same height and weight ! I'm 57 and am 5 wks. post op. I was 176 before my surgery too. I had my surgery booked for 8 months prior and my goal was to get to 150 before my surgery. I'm very active, excercise and eat clean but my weight didn't budge ! My PS said that you need to be within 30 lbs of your ideal weight before surgery.

I'm down to 163 now ! My appetite has been much less since the surgery. I think now I can lose weight slowly and keep it off. Good luck to you !!
How exciting to find someone who is the same height and weight as me! How are you feeling? Are you happy with the results you see so far? I was told that a reduced appetite my happen after surgery. That you tend to get full quicky.

Besides eating clean and being active, what did you do with the months you had prior to surgery? It is a long time to think "what am I getting myself into".

How soon after surgery did you drive? At this point are you able to do much of the normal, daily things you did before the TT?
Sorry, just saw your note to me !

I was able to drive 2 wks after my surgery. It's 9 wks now and I am completely back to normal except for not being able to do any abd. exercises.

I go to the gym, work out with weights and on the eliptical and treadmill, just laying off the Yoga classes til summer.

I have all my stamina back and feel wonderful. I'm still using the silicone scar pads and massaging my incision about 10 times a day.

I'm still swelling during the day, but my PS said that could last up to a year.

Keep in touch !

Welcome to RealSelf!

Oh you will be so glad that you did all of this for yourself.  After the surgery you will love looking in the mirror and will have a big smile each time.  This will give you a very big self confidence boost and you will love it!   I wish I had done mine years ago.

You have come to the right place for support and encouragement and we look forward to reading your posts and seeing your pictures.

Don't worry so much about your weight.  Just focus on being healthy and having good physical strength.

You said that your surgery is in October?

I know what you mean about not liking the tummy.  Having the muffin top removed is such a good feeling.  And being able to sit in a pain or jeans without anything spilling over the top is awesome.

Stick with us and we will all help you through the pre and post op anxieties and questions.
Hi Kimmers,

Thank you so much for replying to my post. Yes, I am scheduled for surgery in October. It feels like it will take forever before the date arrives. I've started Weight Watchers with the intent to be more aware of what I eat.

I have had a moment or two when I stop to think what the heck am I getting myself into. Of course being a mom I worry that it will be a lot for my family to deal with. Thank goodness my son is 18 and my daughter is 16. They can take care of themselves and my husband is already great at doing chores that some men won't or can't do.

I've got the support at home and here on this site. I just need to not get ahead of myself and let the fear of the unknown (surgery/pain) get to me.

Boobala

We have a lot in common...age, 18 year old sons, great hubby's, weight watchers....WOW.

I love Weight Watchers because it keeps me on task.  It is an excellent program and really teaches you how to eat and stay focused.

As you get closer to the date you will hit a calm and know that you are ready.  I would go crazy if I had to wait for something that long.  I thought two months was a long time to wait..LOL    We will have many months to chat on line before your surgery.

My hubby stayed home with me for a week after my surgery.  I could not have done it without him.  He is a great nurse and also takes really good care of the house and laundry.  About the only thing he can't do is cook.  I love to cook so that is fine with me.  I had meals ready before surgery so all he had to do was re-heat and serve.

Don't be afraid of the unknown or pain.  It is all temporary and heals and mends with a little time.  What you end up with in the end far out weighs the pain.