Buyer Beware!!! Very Poor Communication on Procedure Costs!!! - Santa Barbara, CA

Very poor communication between doctor, staff and...

Very poor communication between doctor, staff and patient. After my consultation (there was only the doctor and myself...no nurse) I we decided on the major treatment areas and I was discouraged on treating one particular area (abdomen) since there wasn't enough fat. Turns out all the major areas weren't included in my medical write-up and even though the Dr. spent time discouraging doing the abdomen, he included that in the treatment work-up! I also was under the impression that the "8 pack" package would include ALL of my concern areas. I had 7 hours of treatment yet when I was told my "8 pack" package was completed, I informed the receptionist I only had 7 areas done. It was at this time (and not earlier) that I was told the abdomen makes up for 2 treatments areas due to the larger suction head being used. Well. if I had known the abdomen counted for 2 treatments even though it is ONE area...I would of NOT treated my abdomen as the Dr. suggested but done the 2 smaller hip areas instead. Now I have to shell out another $1200 in order for my treatment to look esthetically pleasing.

I am not comfortable in sending photos but...

I am not comfortable in sending photos but my results, I'm afraid, are going to be subtle. I sought a solution to my post-menopausal "spread" that working out and dieting wasn't addressing. I looked into liposuction and abdominoplasty but was told I do not have enough fat but I would be the perfect candidate for coolsculpting.

am 3 weeks into it and so far no results. I had very minimal discomfort...worked out the same day as my procedure. The numbing and tingling is slowly fading and there's the occasional sharp pain but nothing debilitating. I canceled my follow-up appointment in Feb. for I was upset with the way Dr. Lowenstein's office handled the situation. They basically implied I was a "liar".

I took measurements (which they never did) and will see for myself if this procedure has worked. I will keep you and the community informed of my progress. I will be looking for another Dr. to go to...most likely in Washington for more follow up.

I just really wanted to get the word out regarding procedure costs and what these coolsculpting offices are charging. I was livid to learn that they charge more for what they call a "large area" yet all that changes is the size of the treatment head and not the time, materials ect. This to me is a rip off. The large head also doesn't fit small frames such as mine and my abdominal area was small so I could have gotten away with a small head. Now that I know what's up...I wanted to share my story.

Anyone is free to ask me questions if they can't get straight answers from their doctor.

Coolsculpting results...6 weeks out

Coolsculpting appears to be working on most areas, some better than others. I lost around 1/2 inch on my inner thighs and over 1 inch on my waist line. I have not seen a drop in my weight (pound wise)...if anything, I have gained weight. I have been working out a lot more and I am hoping the weight gain is muscle (will see for I will be having a body fat analysis done next week). The flanks are noticeably smaller and my abdomen seems firmer but the result so far isn't as dramatic as I would like. The inner thigh on my right leg has this depression where the applicator was placed so it treated the fat there but now there is a significant "bulge" below the treated area. So I was right and the Dr. was wrong...I was told the results would be even and my skin would compensate for the loss of fat...not true. I am looking into having now my lower inner thighs treated so that the results are more even .

Future Coolsculpting on hold

Just got news I have breast cancer so I am having to put coolsculpting on hold...funds now need to go towards fighting for my life (instead of my looks). Now my coolsculpting experience seems so insignificant...wish I would have waited and saved some $$$$.
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon