Implant Replacement and Mini Tummy Tuck - Santa Barbara, CA

I initially had breast implant/lift/lipo surgery...

I initially had breast implant/lift/lipo surgery in 1998. At that time, I had saline implants placed subpectorally, a standard (anchor shaped) breast lift and liposuction to my abdomen.

I was happy with my breast surgery, although my vertical scars did not heal completely. I was not happy with the appearance of my abdomen post-liposuction. There was a wavy appearance to the skin on my tummy and a few noticeable divots.

After almost 15 years with the same saline implants, I wanted to switch to gel. I had a breast augmentation consultation with Dr. Mackenzie and also talked to him about my dissatisfaction with my stomach. Because I am thin, he did not want to perform liposuction on my stomach, but he did feel that he could improve my abdominal contour by using the lipo canula to inject tumescent solution and “spread” the fat around more evenly. He also agreed to perform a mini tummy tuck to remove a little excess skin and tighten my muscles (I’ve heard this called a “hybrid tummy tuck” by other surgeons). My surgery could not have gone more smoothly. Although I had never had a problem with my saline implants, I was very impressed with the more natural feel and appearance of the silicone gel implants. I am 8 months out from surgery and my stomach looks AMAZING! It looks flat and even and the scar is miniscule and healed beautifully. I am very happy with the shape of my breasts. When I switched from saline to silicone I went to a higher (moderate plus profile) implant, so I have some more projection and more volume on the top of my breasts. It almost looks like had another breast lift.
My operation was a piece of cake. As plastic surgeons go, Dr. Mackenzie is, quite simply, the best. He also uses anesthesiologists for his surgeries which is SUPER important to me, and his OR staff was top notch. The girls in the practice from the receptionist to the PA are personable and competent and made my experience a positive one. I highly recommend Dr. Mackenzie to anyone considering surgery…he is a great surgeon and a very nice guy to boot!

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Best reputation in Santa Barbara - several friends who have gone to him.