Just Had One 36 Hours Ago... - Santa Barbara, CA

Just had the blue peel done about 36 hours ago. I...

Just had the blue peel done about 36 hours ago. I read up on the reviews so I took a valium and three Advil before I arrived at the doctor's office. The first layer wasn't too bad, just felt like a mild stinging. The second layer was more intense, felt like little needles. The last layer wasn't as intense as the second. It could be because there was a little bit of solution left and they offered to put it on my neck. The sensation on my neck was different, it was very itchy. That may have taken some of the attention away from my face. I was given a mild face wash right after and I was able to really give my face a good scrub. There is no reason why you have to leave the doc's office looking completely blue! I was also given a few samples of Blue Peel Cleanser to use at home and it also helped to reduce the blue. Its about 36 hours later and I have started to peel on my nose and under my chin. My face it not too uncomfortable, its just very tight. Overall, not a bad experience.

Most of the peeling is done with a few spots here...

Most of the peeling is done with a few spots here and there. My face is a bit red but it's really starting to look good. Even my husband has noticed a difference. I'm going to give it a few more days to decide if it was worth the money.

Peeling took about 7 days to complete with a very...

Peeling took about 7 days to complete with a very light peel on my neck towards the end of the week. My skin looks brighter and the darkest spots have lightened up. I have switched from a redness reducing foundation to a lighter foundation. It did not do anything for fine lines or firmness, but I wasn't expecting it to. Over all, the process went very smoothly.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Mackenzie and his staff are very courteous and professional! They were always available to answer my questions and to review other alternative procedures.

My face is really peeling now! Its a bit red, tight and tender but its to be expected. I was originally considering IPL for my blotchy skin and discussed it with the Dr's office. Their recommendation was the Blue Peel since I have olive skin and there could be hyper/hypo pigmentation as a result of IPL.

HI Misty,

I'm so glad your doctor took into consideration the fact that you have olive skin. Many community members complain about their doctor not taking into consideration their skin type due to hyper/hypo pigmentation. Did they mention why the Blue Peel was better for your skin type?

Thanks,

-Britt

Hi Misty,

It's been a day or so since you had your peel. Since you started peeling yesterday how are things feeling today, and what made you decide on the Blue Peel over others?

Thanks,