Santa Ana, CA. Location

As a cancer survivor with a double mastectomy, I...

As a cancer survivor with a double mastectomy, I needed something to bring up my self esteem. I saw a commercial for Lifestyle lift and thought that might be what I needed. I setup an appointment. My consultant Farah Carrington showed me before and after pictures and just like in the commercials with Debbie Boone, they looked fantastic. She pulled the skin along my jaw line up to my ears where my jowls disappeared and said that’s what I could expect as the results after surgery. I was sold! The cost $6,550. For me, that is allot of money. I scrapped and borrowed in order to have the procedure.

When I went in 3 weeks prior to surgery I met my surgeon, Dr. Raymond Lee. Farah advised me to pick him as my surgeon rather than Dr. Malcom Paul due to the fact that the Lifestyle lift is all Dr. Lee does. He too lifted the skin along my jaw line where my jowls disappeared and told me that’s what I could expect as my results.

He wanted to use a new machine they had just gotten on me. He said it would give me wonderful results. I later found out it was an extra $1,000. I called the office and asked if they could show me some pictures on the difference this machine would have from the usual surgery. The receptionist told me to go on the Lifestyle lift web site. She said all the pictures on the site were patients of Dr. Lee’s who have had the extra procedure done. I knew that couldn’t be true. She said she knew it was hard to believe, but that it was true. (I didn’t have it done. I had a hard time believing her.)

I was so excited for my surgery I could hardly wait for the day to come. Everything went great during the procedure. I felt no pain and slept for most of the time. Recovery was just as painless.

It has now been a little more than 3 months since my surgery. I look the same as before the surgery. I still have jowls. I look no younger. I have an extra scare under my chin and scares around my ears. My earlobes are now attached to my face. I’m $6,550 poorer and totally disappointed. When I tried to talk to Dr. Lee, he of course defended himself and said there was nothing he would do. I don’t know what I expected him to say. I took a risk having the surgery and it back fired. I’m sure some people have had great results with the Lifestyle lift. I’m just not one of them.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Again,thank you for using the DR's name.Everyone should do this. You have a right to voice your feelings and we all have a right to know who the Dr was. I am very sorry you had to go thru this.....and feel the same as others about sueing this Dr.
I am so sorry to hear that there was absolutely no consideration on your part for an expensive procedure that totally did not work. The most proper solution that the Dr. or office should do, is return your money or even part of your hard earned money. In fact to everyone patient who's procedure was done in an unprofessional and sloppy manner. Bring it to court, and strongly feel more people should bring it and go forward with media attention so that people will not be mislead.
Santa Ana Facial Plastic Surgeon