do not get lasers! - Santa Ana, CA

I had acne. Bad case of acne on my forehead. It...

I had acne. Bad case of acne on my forehead. It was horrible. It damaged not only my appearance but also my confidence as well. I was extremely insecure. I wanted a solution and decided to opt for Laser Genesis. It was a MISTAKE! Here's why.

At first i only wanted to have only my forehead treated, but was convinced to getting full face due to a discount in price. During the procedure, i feel that the laser was a bit hot but thought that the person who was operating knows what she was doing. After procedure, my face was red but i was assured that it will go away after a few hours. I remembered feeling happy that day, thinking that i can finally get rid of my terrible acne. That day i had a good night sleep.

In the morning, when i woke i noticed that my face was swollen. I talked to the person that used laser on my face and she suggested that i apply ice on my face. Which i did, i applied ice on my face for days thinking that my face was swelling. A few weeks later, what i thought was "swelling" was actually the inflammation that was under my skin and that my skin was begging to change! My face was extremely tender and stretchable. I could literally feel the SUBSTANCE UNDERNEATH MY SKIN BEGINS TO MELT AND HANG ONTO MY BUCCAL AREAS UNTIL THEY'RE NO LONGER THERE! My face look completely different after months. It was tender, stretchable, and bony. I had FATLOSS and it made me look older and even more insecure.

Suddenly acne was not longer a big problem. Because now my face doesn't even look like my face anymore. I felt like someone ugly. I was extremely depressed from seeing all the changes that was happening to my face. I talked to the person who used laser on my face, and guess what. She had her assistants took pictures of my face and then when i asked for those pictures, they were taken at angles and lighting so that they look no different from one another. The nurse then look straight into my eyes, her face was cold and indifferent, then she said to me "I see no difference from these pictures". I was terrify then. And i knew. It was a mistake to have had laser. I wished i could go back and changed my decision. But it was too late. I had fat atrophy.

So everyone, heed my warning. DON'T DO IT. Have acne? Take acne medication (that's what get me off). Don't do laser. Have rosacea? Try apply psoria gold (it helps). Don't do laser. Have lines, wrinkles? Don't do it. Think you need it? No, you don't. JUST DON'T DO LASER for whatever reasons. Some people might have good results but there are people who don't. Don't take that risks. Because there are permanent side effects that are even worse than any other problems you think you have.

So far i have only experience volume loss. I have heard some people experienced even worse damages such as textural and lines and indentation. I am lucky to not get any of those. But still DON'T DO LASER. Don't. Just Don't. There are other solutions for whatever skin problems you have. Try those. JUST DON'T DO LASER.

After months of experiencing volume loss, when i was sure that my face no longer experience further damages. I decided to opt for Juvederm to correct my damages because i was too depressed and could not find any other solution. Juvederm helped with my face and it looks so much better than before. I ended up spending close to 1000 and it was well worth it to correct my damage. But another warning: Juvederm had its side effects as well and i took the risks and only get lucky. So my point is that ONLY GET JUVEDERM IF YOU NEED IT, otherwise DON'T.

Lastly, DON'T DO LASERS. STOP TOUCHING and LEAVE YOUR FACE ALONE.
Can't give a name because then there'll be complications and i already moved on

She was cold and indifferent. I had not seen her smile EVER. She denied everything of course. Everyone with bad results does. I don't blame her. Just myself for making the decision but doing that now won't helps. So i stopped and moved on.

I have had good results from a laser treatment. Perhaps only spending $300 was the issue? Im sorry that happened to you but when it comes to skin I don't think it is a good idea to try and cut costs?
Hi mischarlie, I'm sorry to hear about your skin. I know exactly what youre going through because i experienced the same thing with fraxel. Just know youre not alone in this. If youre interested in my story and attempts to move forward (and several other women's), you can search my handle: pixiegreen. Facial volume loss, enlarged pores, hyperpigmentation, sagging... terrible and tragic what these greedy bastard doctors and the laser industry does. Blessings.
The same thing happened to me with Laser Genesis. My face was burnt beyond belief and I had (have) significant loss of volume in my face because the laser melted it. I also have nerve damage and weird bumpy, yellow skin that 2 dermatologist say they've never seen before. Also after this, the tear duct in my eye didn't work anymore and I had to wear plastic in my eye for nine months. This was a $10,000 surgery which fortunately my insurance paid for. When I asked the eye doctor if it was because of the laser, he said he didn't "think" so but the goggle Boston Plastic Surgery gave me to use in Quincy, MA were a joke and they treated the whole incident like a joke. They only pretended to care when they thought I might sue them. I wish a lawyer would contact everyone who was damaged by this laser and its inept users for a class-action law suit.
Hi Laura Jane, I came on to read this review and saw your reply. At the time I was damaged by Laser Genesis there were only 2 posts on here so it seemed "safe" compared to other lasers. I had the same as you - nerve damage (my face, inside my ears, my scalp) was hot and didnt tolerate heat. Couldnt put anything but water on my face for 2 years. No makeup or products. Event gentle ones felt like acid. In fact I had to splash cold water on my face 5 times or more a day at work because of the flares. Huge pores, track marks, raised bumpy skin. It was horrible and life altering. The doctor in Philadelphia where I got treated tried to accuse me of being "crazy". Literally she told me she would "expose" me on the internet if I didnt take her bad Yelp review down. I cant say Im happy to hear its happened to another person, but your review in a way confirmed all of the confusion and doubt Ive had the past 3 years about what the heck happened here. Theres karma to address the rest of it. Best to you.
Wow Laura. I am glad you are ok!
Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately I got it done 4 time already. First 2 months the result was extremely great that I have never expected. Then later on 2 more months later... Skin changed rapidly, became redder and redder... Look like having rosacea... Now what I'm doing to take of my skin is using natural treatment and Redness relief from dermalogica only... Hoping I will get better in next two months

Thanks for sharing your story with us.  I hope you find support from our Community.